Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #341

Default Re: post pics of your pets

dog.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #342
I wanna be Dave

Blue nose brindle named stout. This was a few weeks ago before he came home, he's damned near 20 lbs now.
Attached Images

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #343
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Blue nose brindle named stout. This was a few weeks ago before he came home, he's damned near 20 lbs now.
Beautiful little Pit. Best friend had a Male and Female from the same litter. I'll admit I was against it since he had a 2yo and one on the way due to the stereo typical Pit syndrome. Like his kids he spent the time to train and socialize them. My dog at the time was a German Shepard who i did the standard obedience and guard training with. the Pits were the most loveable dogs I have ever known, very attentive, especially to the kids and when given the correct command would protect with serious authority. Anyone who Trains their dogs correctly no matter the breed (yes there are some bred for a specific purpose) will change the stereotypes.

Like to see him at 9mo.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #344
Rock Crawler

don't have any recent, but my Cane Corso and little Pit

My Corso was sick as a pup and most certainly the runt. His father was 170 lbs and he just peaks at 100 now
Attached Images

DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #345
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Beautiful little Pit. Best friend had a Male and Female from the same litter. I'll admit I was against it since he had a 2yo and one on the way due to the stereo typical Pit syndrome. Like his kids he spent the time to train and socialize them. My dog at the time was a German Shepard who i did the standard obedience and guard training with. the Pits were the most loveable dogs I have ever known, very attentive, especially to the kids and when given the correct command would protect with serious authority. Anyone who Trains their dogs correctly no matter the breed (yes there are some bred for a specific purpose) will change the stereotypes.

Like to see him at 9mo.
Best dog I've ever had is a pit. He's scared of hardwood floors. He was a stray that showed up at my parents place almost 11 years ago and I stopped to visit and brought him home.

A good pit is a fantastic dog, a bad one should be culled.
Attached Images

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM   #346
I wanna be Dave

We've had 3 AmStaff's (same as a Pit), and have to have carpets on the kitchen linoleum from the back door through the kitchen, because when you let them in they are nutty happy, and their feet don't have to be wet for them to slide.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:49 PM   #347
I wanna be Dave

My 2 Jack Russell's, their uncle and nephew, Jack is the uncle in the first 2 pics, Rip the nephew is in the other 2 pics
Attached Images

Last edited by kgb424; 09-07-2017 at 10:58 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #348
Come and take them!®

RIP my beloved little girl.
CALLIE: 2010-1/29/2018
Respiratory complications. Purebreds
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #349
Pebble Pounder

That sucks! I am so sorry!
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #350
I wanna be Dave

She just got done barking and snapping at me, because we were going to slow...

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 01-29-2018 at 05:31 PM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #351
Pebble Pounder

Wally and his feline sister, Maya. There was steak being cooked and they both love red meat.

Last edited by skinnyj; 01-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #352
Quarry Creeper

Moonlight. She's the 3rd generation of her bloodline we've shared home with Her grandpa was a pure bread Australian Shepard,her mama was 1/2 Australian and 1/2 pure bred Boxer. Moonlight and siblings were 1/2 Australian/Boxer and 1/2 mutt :P She's definitely "daddy's girl",if I were still long haul truck driving and couldn't take her with me,it'd kill her,LOL! Forunately,I'm no longer gone for days or weeks to work
Attached Images

The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #353
Come and take them!®

There's a new sheriff in town. Does not replace our last Aussie (as seen above), but she does relieve our heartaches somewhat.
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #354
I wanna be Dave

She doesn't like water???

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #355
RCC Addict

@ Hunter711, Very sorry for your loss and to others that have lost a beloved companion. I haven't looked at very much of this bittersweet thread because even to this day I still miss my WP Corgi.

Anyway... I lost my little guy a few years ago from lymphomic cancer. He was 11 yrs old but I sure wasn't ready for him to go. He had been with me throughout some really tough times and no matter what kind of day it had been... he was always there, insisting that I smile and feel better. I digress... RIP, Kodiak.

Here he is...

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:50 AM   #356

Default The RCCrawler Pet Section

This is our loyal companion, Tanner. He's an adorable Pomeranian who loves to hang out in our living room. We raised him ever since he was a pup and has been a bundle of joy for many years. He also likes to play catch in the backyard

Last edited by THX_138; 07-13-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Vinnymuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #357
Pebble Pounder

I brought my son to work today. As you can see, he is a really hard worker.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #358

I've got a 5 year old Golden Retriever. She's afraid of her own shadow and broke a lamp running away from a mouse when she was a puppy...lol

Also pictured is my cousin's black lab and their larger golden retriever they're here quite a bit in summer/winter.

Once in awhile my friend brings over his Great Pyrenes. All of them get along great.
Attached Images

Last edited by iridebikes247; 07-13-2018 at 08:17 PM.
iridebikes247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #359
Rock Crawler

My friends new dog "Jackie" but since i am #2 in command with his dogs i guess my little bitch too.
As you can see Jackie is a Rottweiler.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:03 AM   #360
RCC Addict

So I've always been a dog guy but then this happened . And no... I don't expect anyone is really going to read all of this... Just that I love to write so might as well. Here goes!

My wife over the last several years has become increasingly vocal in regards to wanting a cat. So a couple weeks ago... feeling defeated, I decided that I was finally ready to take the horrid plunge into the vapid abyss of cat ownership. My requirements however, were that we not spend a lot of money, that the cat not use my guitars nor my legs as scratching posts, that if my allergies kicked up then no go, and that I wouldn't tolerate excessive meowing.

Once we started looking, I began thinking that there might actually be some acceptable candidates lurking out there. The crazy/ cute youtube videos had certainly helped in that regard. So after looking at probably 5.4 billion cats at online shelters, we logically determined that we needed to start taking some trips to meet some of these dreaded creatures in person. After interacting with a few, I realized that my allergies were going to potentially put the kibosh on any adoption which fortunately seemed like my golden-ticket! But like any man that enjoys sex, I continued the ridiculous quest for the perfect kitty alongside of my better half.

That finally brought us to a shelter about an hour away where we again attempted to discover which cats seemingly hated me the least. After seeing almost all of the cats there and not finding any that appealed to us for various reasons, we chose to leave... feeling as if the right cat might possibly not exist. My wife's enthusiasm was waning at that point and I was beginning to really relish the thought of alternatively raising goldfish for fun and profit. But as we were just about to exit the building, we heard a faint little "chirp" from inside an isolated cage in the hallway. We both looked back... my wife thinking it sounded cute... me, thinking that maybe it was an emasculated cockatoo. But when we approached the cage, this frail little cat poked it's frail little head up out of it's bed and chirped again. Uh-oh!

Of course my wife sounded the obligatory "Awwww" and I muttered the obligatory "Shit". But it nuzzled her hand through the bars and proceeded to activate it's "Look how damned cute I am" mode. We had a few more minutes to spare before we had to head back so I inquired about opening up the cage and getting a better look at the chassis, suspension, and exterior. One of the patchouli-drenched man-hating she-hippies obliged and allowed us to interact a bit more with the cat. We were also treated to a host of information that I wasn't entirely sure that we needed to know but that for what it's worth, we did now... like the fact that the cat was a young female, had been spayed & micro-chipped, didn't have leukemia, and didn't have feline aids. Um... Good?

So we finished kicking it's tires and headed home... I thought, never to return. But my wife couldn't get that plucky lil' critter out of her mind and continued commenting about the miniature claw-laden beast the rest of the evening. The next day she was still prattling on about her so I figured that the only way to quell her misconception that we were somehow destined to be "cat people" was to go back and see what it had morphed into during our absence. On the way there, we even went so far as to stop by a Pet-Co and purchase a pet carrier. Keeping my wife's perception of reality in check was as easy as simply telling her "Keep the receipt".

Well apparently when I looked into the mirror earlier that morning, I failed to notice the large bold face "SUCKER" stamped upon my forehead. I say this because when we walked back into the shelter the next day, the cat and all of it's flower powered caregivers greeted us with all sorts of welcoming meows and playful affection. It was at that point that I began to get the sinking notion that we might quite possibly be going home with one of these persuasive animals... be it human or feline. We stayed for about an hour... getting much more familiar with this particular cat and it was becoming painfully apparent that nothing short of a meteor would halt this otherwise inevitable adoption.

Fast forward from the day that we brought her home and I have to say that there's no denying how much this cat has completely enslaved and charmed not only my wife... but myself as well. It also figures that we couldn't have gotten lucky and of the hundreds upon thousands of needy felines out there, adopted a healthy one... but instead picked one that currently has an upper respiratory infection and some other minor health complications. Still though... It doesn't diminish my affection for our special girl and it may actually make her even more endearing to me... the fact that she seemed to truly need someone that had a willingness to expend the extra effort to see that she has everything that she could ever need... be it simple care or a bit more extensive medical attention.

We've named her Jaida and she's just about as docile, sweet, and quiet as any cat could be. She sleeps long hours, is 100% litter-box trained, rarely meows, doesn't scratch up my guitars or my body, does not aggravate my allergies in the least, and is just about as cuddly-wuddly as they come. She does have some breathing issues that have required us to take her to two veterinarians so far and put her on some medications but that is what it is and it's the ONLY one of my original requirements that didn't go as I had wanted. But Hell... isn't that always what happens with things that we wind up embracing?

Right now as I type this, my wife and our newly adopted bundle of fur are curled up together on the sofa. My wife has also over the past few days, sadly been enduring the most difficult thing that she's ever had to face ( the death of her mother) and as I look at my wife and this cat, completely secure and content as they slumber together... I can't help but to think that this was meant to be. Honestly, as much as I've always loved dogs and had a complete indifference towards cats, I have to say that I wouldn't trade our little Jaida for anything in the world right now.

RCC pet owners... Please welcome Jaida!

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote