Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The AX10 polluted and degraded the 2.2 class!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #121
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
Our interest lie in producing and working on the concept of an indoor comp facility, so my questions and interest are drawn off of the wealth of knowledge that is available to me here at RCC.

No, I do not own a crawler personally, but I have access to many that do, for testing and work on the concept that interest us.

No, I have not had the privilege of going to a comp. I own a small business and my leash is kind of short. Those that own their own business know exactly what that means. but once again, I have been able to draw a lot of knowledge from those experienced in the areas I am not.

Owning and competing with a crawler is something I am working up to, but it will be on a state of the art indoor crawling facility when it happens. That is where my efforts are going. And yours?
Agreed, I own an adult toy shop and we sell all different size leashes... and ball gags... and pocket rockets... and badger dolls... and rubber fist... and rubber chickens... and

Last edited by braceysdad; 04-28-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #122
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Agreed, I own an adult toy shop and we sell all different size leashes... and ball gags... and pocket rockets... and badger dolls... and rubber fist... and rubber chickens... and way to much time on my hands.

fixed!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #123
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
fixed!
and rubber duckys... and rubber mask... and rubber rubbers
Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #124
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
and rubber duckys... and rubber mask... and rubber rubbers
rubber crawlers?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Quote:
Our interest lie in producing and working on the concept of an indoor comp facility, so my questions and interest are drawn off of the wealth of knowledge that is available to me here at RCC.
where in the world did you get the idea for an indoor comp facility. seems pretty far fetched to me, almost unbelievable.

Quote:
No, I do not own a crawler personally, but I have access to many that do, for testing and work on the concept that interest us.
i think people wonder why someone that doesn't own a crawler would be so interested in promoting it by selling bags of coffee with an RCC sticker on it. what's the angle? who besides people that already know about rock crawling and RCC would buy a bag of RCC labeled coffee?

Quote:
No, I have not had the privilege of going to a comp. I own a small business and my leash is kind of short. Those that own their own business know exactly what that means. but once again, I have been able to draw a lot of knowledge from those experienced in the areas I am not.
sorry your leash is short, and i know exactly what you mean. which brings the question of 'what's the angle?' up again to someone that has zero background in this hobby. even you have to admit that the coffee/crawler connection doesn't make much sense. maybe i am wrong, but do r/c rock crawlers drink an unusually large amount of coffee? way more than the average person?

Quote:
Owning and competing with a crawler is something I am working up to, but it will be on a state of the art indoor crawling facility when it happens. That is where my efforts are going. And yours?
my efforts go to keeping a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and meat on the smoker.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #126
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
my efforts go to keeping a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and meat on the smoker.
Sooooooooo, it's safe to assume that you smoke meat for a living?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #127
I joined the Band!

Quote:
where in the world did you get the idea for an indoor comp facility. seems pretty far fetched to me, almost unbelievable.
Some of us on this rock know how to think outside the box. Try it. You might learn something.

Quote:
i think people wonder why someone that doesn't own a crawler would be so interested in promoting it by selling bags of coffee with an RCC sticker on it. what's the angle? who besides people that already know about rock crawling and RCC would buy a bag of RCC labeled coffee?
Again, your inability to understand what promotional advantage can be had by using other mediums, shows you are one of the few that is not our target market. Which is ok. There are thousands of others that are. Oh! unless you think that because your in the crawler hobby that exempts you from drinking coffee. Not likely.

Quote:
sorry your leash is short, and i know exactly what you mean. which brings the question of 'what's the angle?' up again to someone that has zero background in this hobby. even you have to admit that the coffee/crawler connection doesn't make much sense. maybe i am wrong, but do r/c rock crawlers drink an unusually large amount of coffee? way more than the average person?.
From someone who is taking the time to push this issues, you sure are showing your self to be just down right dumb. YOU DON"T KNOW ME! So how in the world can you even begin to say I have no experience in this hobby. Because I don't own a crawler, or comp? I was doing RC and model building probably before you took your first breath my friend.

Let me spell it out for you real simple now. Can you say BRANDING? If you think that RCC can't use as much of that as possible, well I don't know how to say it any simpler.

Quote:
Need to put your energy into something you understand, instead of questioning those that do understand in an area your not very well versed in. Just a heads up!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
Some of us on this rock know how to think outside the box. Try it. You might learn something.
it's called sarcasm.

Quote:
Again, your inability to understand what promotional advantage can be had by using other mediums, shows you are one of the few that is not our target market. Which is ok. There are thousands of others that are. Oh! unless you think that because your in the crawler hobby that exempts you from drinking coffee. Not likely.
certainly doesn't make me exempt from drinking coffee. in fact, i enjoy a cup from time to time. fact is, you selling coffee with an RCC label on it is akin to when KISS made a disco song to cash in on that trend. hey, it's america, and i applaud your right and vigor to jumping on any bandwagon possible to sell your coffee. just don't expect everyone to jump on board with you. you just don't see the difference between offering a bag of coffee with an RCC sticker vs. offering a new chassis, tire, motor, etc.

Quote:
From someone who is taking the time to push this issues, you sure are showing your self to be just down right dumb. YOU DON"T KNOW ME! So how in the world can you even begin to say I have no experience in this hobby. Because I don't own a crawler, or comp? I was doing RC and model building probably before you took your first breath my friend.
if you want to start slinging 'dumb' insults, let me know. just shows that you have nothing reasonable to say, so you resort to insults. neat! and how can i begin to say you have no experience in this hobby? you just told us that a couple of posts ago! i suggest you re-read your post.

Quote:
Let me spell it out for you real simple now. Can you say BRANDING? If you think that RCC can't use as much of that as possible, well I don't know how to say it any simpler.
let me spell it out for you even simpler-you are trying to cash in on a something you see as a hot trend. nothing wrong with that, just admit it. and don't act like you are doing RCC any favors. buy putting an RCC sticker on your coffee, you are selling advertising space, period. how is that for simple?

Quote:
Need to put your energy into something you understand, instead of questioning those that do understand in an area your not very well versed in. Just a heads up!
unlike you saying you have no experience with r/c rock crawling, i haven't said i was inexperienced at promotion. i am very experienced with promotion. thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #129
I joined the Band!

Quote:
you just don't see the difference between offering a bag of coffee with an RCC sticker vs. offering a new chassis, tire, motor, etc.
Well I guess your right!

Prize Listing
Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

wait i a confused newb that just skimmed the posts... so coffee killed the supers?

id probally buy a bag if i drank the stuff!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #131
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
wait i a confused newb that just skimmed the posts... so coffee killed the supers?

Not sure but one thing I am certain of is that video killed the radio star...

Old 04-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #132
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
Now that's funny right there.

Quote:
And your purchase through revenue share would go to support RCC.

Hum! Monetary support. That sounds like a worth while effort. Don't you think?

Last edited by jaxcoffee; 04-28-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
And your purchase through revenue share would go to support RCC.

Hum! Monetary support. That sounds like a worth while effort. Don't you think?
i want to make sure i have this straight-

you are giving RCC free space on your coffee packaging and giving them the proceeds/partial proceeds of the sale?

and yes, monetary support is a worthwhile effort. i could not agree more. but i would like to know where the monetary support is going.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
one word lazynoobs
let the pointless arguing commence!
Make a time capsule and put a printed copy of this thread in it, a copy of "back when I knew it all," and a loaded gun. Open it in 10 years.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #135
I joined the Band!

Quote:
i want to make sure i have this straight-

you are giving RCC free space on your coffee packaging and giving them the proceeds of the sale?

and yes, monetary support is a worthwhile effort. i could not agree more. but i would like to know where the monetary support is going.
Free space? No! The label contest is to develope a coffee bag label that promotes RCC. Our promotional gift box program for sending to business associates and manufactures brands our clients using the graphical representation of them and the power of the aroma of fresh roasted coffee. Aroma is the greatest memory trigger the human body has. SO!

1. RCC uses the label the membership of RCC has developed, and voted on, and has showcased the vendors for prizes given.

2. The above mentioned label goes on the bags inside our gift boxes for RCC to use as thank you gifts to vendors or business associates or for sale to whoever whats to buy one. BRANDING RCC with their gift giving and sales.

3. You have to buy your coffee somewhere. Why not buy it from RCC, and support them at the same time. Revenue share for the benifit of RCC is realized with each sale. Persentage not to be disclosed, but is realized by RCC.

This is way more then I feel oblicated to share, but I'm hoping it will shed light on the fact that we are busting our butt to create something that should help RCC realize a good chunk of refenue.

So where are you buying your coffee from?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #136
Built, not bought

Quote:

I'm just curious.How can you possibly build a state of the art crawling facility when you admit you don't own a crawler or have experience with them?I would think that the experience is where you would get the knowledge to build one.It seems to me that you're just trying to cash in on the hobby.This is just my opinion on what I've seen and heard.
Pat

P.S. how many threads does it take for one simple contest?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

If you don't tell me the percentage I'm going to assume its 0.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

So if more coffee drinkers join in on crawling buying even more ax-10 kits, i guess there should be a new thread made on how coffee polluted the 2.2 class
Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #139
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
I'm just curious.How can you possibly build a state of the art crawling facility when you admit you don't own a crawler or have experience with them?I would think that the experience is where you would get the knowledge to build one.It seems to me that you're just trying to cash in on the hobby.This is just my opinion on what I've seen and heard.
Pat

P.S. how many threads does it take for one simple contest?
One does not have to have all the answers to move forward in a concept. They just need to surround themselves with people that do have the answers. The RCC membership is a wealth of information. I don't know squat about the rock we will be using for this indoor facility, but I know who does!!

To answer your PS. Look at how many vendors and members are involved, and I believe that will answer your question.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #140
Built, not bought

Quote:

To answer your PS. Look at how many vendors and members are involved, and I believe that will answer your question.
So does that mean 5 threads per vendor?
Closed Thread