Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat
Loading

Notices

Thread: Alright, I have to ask

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #81
The Wheels Keep Turning
 
kevinlongisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 2,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
Is there any more conflict of interest with Jake and Parker owning the USRCRCA than there was for Jason and Badger?
Actually, my opinion is that Jason and Badger did not compete in their own events because they understood the concept of conflict of interest. I wonder if there are any other major sports where the sanctioning body has it's own team? (Nascar, FIM, basketball, baseball, football)


Didn't USRCCA "customers" post their opinion here:

Participation By Organizers?

By voting that the organizers should not compete in the event? Or am I reading the votes wrong? I know there was some smooth talking in the thread itself, but don't the votes speak to a general consensus that was ignored?

The real problem is that there have been many rumors of Jake bending the rules and outright cheating. Maybe one rumor could be questioned, but multiple rumors from several different individuals? This is who is now running USRCCA. Hypothetically, if these rumors are true, do you want this type of person running the USRCCA and holding "worlds"? It's my understanding that just yesterday he attempted to manipulate people by not having his own "worlds" truck tech inspected. When another competitor said the body looked short and could it be tech inspected, Jake said "That's not how we do it here". His body turned up being out of spec.

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 08-29-2009 at 08:29 AM.
kevinlongisland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default

For accuracy.

Jake and Brian both have access to rules committee. Jake is the rules rep for his club and has voting rights.
Rockpiledriver is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #83
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: E.T.R.C.
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
Actually, my opinion is that Jason and Badger did not compete in their own events because they understood the concept of conflict of interest. I wonder if there are any other major sports where the sanctioning body has it's own team? (Nascar, FIM, basketball, baseball, football)


Didn't USRCCA "customers" post their opinion here:

Participation By Organizers?

By voting that the organizers should not compete in the event? Or am I reading the votes wrong? I know there was some smooth talking in the thread itself, but don't the votes speak to a general consensus that was ignored?

The real problem is that there have been many rumors of Jake bending the rules and outright cheating. Maybe one rumor could be questioned, but multiple rumors from several different individuals? This is who is now running USRCCA. Hypothetically, if these rumors are true, do you want this type of person running the USRCCA and holding "worlds"? It's my understanding that just yesterday he attempted to manipulate people by not having his own "worlds" truck tech inspected. When another competitor said the body looked short and could it be tech inspected, Jake said "That's not how we do it here". His body turned up being out of spec.

I agree with this 100%...If the owner of the sanctioning body can't even follow there own rules then what is the use of having them...:-x:-x
sddill is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: drillin Holes for the man
Posts: 2,736
Default

I feal the same way. As far as I am concerned I will never go to one of there events. I don't give a crap if I know with certainty that I am walking away in first place. Its about principal for me. I don't even understand how they can find the time to run. Its no different then car shows. Its understood that a club hosting a show can put there vehicles up for display but they are not eligible to be in the show. It just isn't right.
bigflex is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #85
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: tn
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
I feal the same way. As far as I am concerned I will never go to one of there events. I don't give a crap if I know with certainty that I am walking away in first place. Its about principal for me. I don't even understand how they can find the time to run. Its no different then car shows. Its understood that a club hosting a show can put there vehicles up for display but they are not eligible to be in the show. It just isn't right.

bigflex that is correct if you are the hosting club you are allowed to show but, not be judge its definatlety a conflict of interest in the car show world, and i would think it would be the same here what fun would it be to show up to a event and do your best but because the event holders buddys or employees are judging they get a free ride and the guy that went out of his way to come to the event goes home feeling like why am i even competing.

just my oppion i unfortunaly dont have a dog in this race.
dragit is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #86
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cottontown
Posts: 880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
I wonder if there are any other major sports where the sanctioning body has it's own team? (Nascar, FIM, basketball, baseball, football)

The real problem is that there have been many rumors of Jake bending the rules and outright cheating. Maybe one rumor could be questioned, but multiple rumors from several different individuals? This is who is now running USRCCA. Hypothetically, if these rumors are true, do you want this type of person running the USRCCA and holding "worlds"? It's my understanding that just yesterday he attempted to manipulate people by not having his own "worlds" truck tech inspected. When another competitor said the body looked short and could it be tech inspected, Jake said "That's not how we do it here". His body turned up being out of spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
For accuracy.

Jake and Brian both have access to rules committee. Jake is the rules rep for his club and has voting rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
I agree with this 100%...If the owner of the sanctioning body can't even follow there own rules then what is the use of having them...:-x:-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
I feal the same way. As far as I am concerned I will never go to one of there events. I don't give a crap if I know with certainty that I am walking away in first place. Its about principal for me. I don't even understand how they can find the time to run. Its no different then car shows. Its understood that a club hosting a show can put there vehicles up for display but they are not eligible to be in the show. It just isn't right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragit View Post
bigflex that is correct if you are the hosting club you are allowed to show but, not be judge its definatlety a conflict of interest in the car show world, and i would think it would be the same here what fun would it be to show up to a event and do your best but because the event holders buddys or employees are judging they get a free ride and the guy that went out of his way to come to the event goes home feeling like why am i even competing.

just my oppion i unfortunaly dont have a dog in this race.
Gentlemen, I thank you for speaking the truth. That right there is exactly what I was talking about. Unfortunatly I failed misserable to explain my concerns as well as you all have.

To everyone else the pretty much told me to eff off, thanks... you really showed your support for the hobby in the best light possible. From as far up the asses of who you consider to be important as you could possible shove them.
soundcolor is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper
 
MommaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Spring Hill
Posts: 290
Default

So now the rules don't apply to the almighty?

It is quite obvious now that soundcolor had a valid stance in asking his questions. To those of you (especially the OG's) that jumped on the flame wagon, how do you feel now?

I believe soundcolor was only trying to point out the obvious of what most of us are thinking. Whether you have the balls to admit it on this forum in the open may be another issue. Don't hate b/c he did. I don't believe he literally meant the club is publicly owned like our tax dollars go to the upkeep and maintenance like a park. He was in my opinion only questioning the reasoning behind the choice of the new owners that affects us all so dramatically. Jason said he felt that Brian and Jake have the drive and they were the best choices. I beg to differ. I can right off the bat think of at least 5 other people who have never been involved in any controversy.

When you have someone who boasts of his controversies in his sig, I think that may be the first clue as to whether or not he is a good candidate. When you have someone that immediately draws such criticism at the very mention of his taking over, that may be the next red flag.
MommaBear is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #88
Rebirth of an asshole
 
62PYRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gresham
Posts: 4,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
So now the rules don't apply to the almighty?

It is quite obvious now that soundcolor had a valid stance in asking his questions. To those of you (especially the OG's) that jumped on the flame wagon, how do you feel now?

I believe soundcolor was only trying to point out the obvious of what most of us are thinking. Whether you have the balls to admit it on this forum in the open may be another issue. Don't hate b/c he did. I don't believe he literally meant the club is publicly owned like our tax dollars go to the upkeep and maintenance like a park. He was in my opinion only questioning the reasoning behind the choice of the new owners that affects us all so dramatically. Jason said he felt that Brian and Jake have the drive and they were the best choices. I beg to differ. I can right off the bat think of at least 5 other people who have never been involved in any controversy.

When you have someone who boasts of his controversies in his sig, I think that may be the first clue as to whether or not he is a good candidate. When you have someone that immediately draws such criticism at the very mention of his taking over, that may be the next red flag.

Well said.
62PYRO is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #89
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BV
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
Actually, my opinion is that Jason and Badger did not compete in their own events because they understood the concept of conflict of interest. I wonder if there are any other major sports where the sanctioning body has it's own team? (Nascar, FIM, basketball, baseball, football)


Didn't USRCCA "customers" post their opinion here:

Participation By Organizers?

By voting that the organizers should not compete in the event? Or am I reading the votes wrong? I know there was some smooth talking in the thread itself, but don't the votes speak to a general consensus that was ignored?

The real problem is that there have been many rumors of Jake bending the rules and outright cheating. Maybe one rumor could be questioned, but multiple rumors from several different individuals? This is who is now running USRCCA. Hypothetically, if these rumors are true, do you want this type of person running the USRCCA and holding "worlds"? It's my understanding that just yesterday he attempted to manipulate people by not having his own "worlds" truck tech inspected. When another competitor said the body looked short and could it be tech inspected, Jake said "That's not how we do it here". His body turned up being out of spec.

You make a fair point. I'm simply trying to say that I'm not at worlds and I haven't seen any proof of issues with jake or parker. It hadn't occurred to me that they would run in worlds, but if they do (I don't think they should) they need to hold themselves to as high a standard for tech as everyone else. The point I was trying to make is that a lot of this is based on rumors, and that's not enough for me to jump on a flame war bandwagon. Yes, there is a conflict of interest, but we really should all let this play out for a while before we condem it. Most of us don't really know what's going on behind the scenes (me included)
chrisjlittle is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 16,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
Its understood that a club hosting a show can put there vehicles up for display but they are not eligible to be in the show.
Exactly. However, to not allow them to even show their cars, that wouldn't be right, would it? Especially when each outing counts toward a "total" score.

It's a touchy situation, but, IMO, if you don't allow people who are hosting the event to run the courses, then you'll find fewer events. I know that if I, as a judge for my local club, was not allowed to compete, I wouldn't be there. Would you?

People go to these events to run the courses....not just to do a bunch of work. That's not what I'd call a "hobby"....

Last edited by JeremyH; 08-29-2009 at 11:20 AM.
JeremyH is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #91
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cottontown
Posts: 880
Default

As far as not letting them run, well, thats a diffrent topic alltogether. One that I will reserve my opinions for until a later date.

I do not know if jake is going to do a good job or not. From what I have heard, and seen. I am doubtful, however It has been pointed out by some that this is actually not at all how I feel, and that I am supposed to, and do feel very exceted by it all.... BS.

anyone that does not see the huge issue here needs to google Haliburton, and goolgle their association with former leaders of our government.

Same issue here.
soundcolor is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #92
Colt Python/SR9c
 
TwistedCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: out in the shop, reloading ammo!
Posts: 8,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
but, IMO, if you don't allow people who are hosting the event to run the courses, then you'll find fewer events. I know that if I, as a judge for my local club, was not allowed to compete, I wouldn't be there. Would you?
But there is a difference in running local events, compared to national level events.
TwistedCreations is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 AM   #93
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Exactly. However, to not allow them to even show their cars, that wouldn't be right, would it? Especially when each outing counts toward a "total" score.

It's a touchy situation, but, IMO, if you don't allow people who are hosting the event to run the courses, then you'll find fewer events. I know that if I, as a judge for my local club, was not allowed to compete, I wouldn't be there. Would you?

People go to these events to run the courses....not just to do a bunch of work. That's not what I'd call a "hobby"....
did you read the part that he was trying to run an illegal body in an event that uses his own sanctioning bodies rules:? if he cant play by the rules he is there at the event to uphold then he deffenately shouldnt be aloud to run

and for the car show thing, each club has to either take a 0 score for thier show or a 0 score for another show if you club isnt holding an event of its own
Wicked_Jester is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 16,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
But there is a difference in running local events, compared to national level events.
Yes, the number of people and how far they had to drive. However, the same rules should apply at both events. If you dont allow a host to compete, then you'll find less people volunteering to be hosts...
JeremyH is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 16,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
did you read the part that he was trying to run an illegal body in an event that uses his own sanctioning bodies rules:? if he cant play by the rules he is there at the event to uphold then he deffenately shouldnt be aloud to run
Yep, I read that. As I stated, the same rules should apply to everyone, everywhere. If I showed up to an event with an illegal truck, I'd expect to be told to hit the bricks. I'm not sure what was done in the above situation...
JeremyH is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #96
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno
Posts: 1,464
Default

wow this thread really snow balled
yesterday when i originally read the first two posts i thought it was just going to be another joke. *last year's reverse only esc rule really had me going

read through as much as i could and there have definatly been good points brought up.

not to sure how i feel about KingBling holding the reigns because of all the rumors of foul play in comp especially the one about yesterdays events, but i do understand why badger and jason handed off usrcca to somone. eventhough somthing is concidered recreational activity or a hobby it can and will feel like a job eventually.

i guess time will tell.
NeXt559 is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #97
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cottontown
Posts: 880
Default

He chose by it, then he either
A. doesnt have enough buisness sense to understand the obvious conflict
B. doesnt care about anything but himself
c. is trying to buy a title
d. obivously shows his willingness to disregard the rules, and will show/us his authority to change them to his liking
E. all of the above.

I'm not saying that he isnt't a nice guy... I dont know him and therefore cannot pass judgment.
I was not at the "foot touch" comp. but I know some people that were, and after hearing them, and the others on this board cry foul (which is exactly what it was), and after hearing the bit about him trying to force his illegal body into a comp that he is holding, and where he owns the sanctioning body it only goes to evidence that maybe things are alot shadier than they look...

I for one am done with the usrcca until such time as it is either handed over to someone with some dignity and class, or he is banned from competeing in his events, and it becomes a democracy of choice by the top drivers as to what the rules should be, and how they are enforced.

I would also move any member of the rock crawling community to stand up, speak out (in a fair and responsible manner of course) at your displeasure at the turn of events. If you dont, then you are simply showing your support that this sport is taking.
soundcolor is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #98
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MS Coast
Posts: 1,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
Actually, my opinion is that Jason and Badger did not compete in their own events because they understood the concept of conflict of interest. I wonder if there are any other major sports where the sanctioning body has it's own team? (Nascar, FIM, basketball, baseball, football)


Didn't USRCCA "customers" post their opinion here:

Participation By Organizers?

By voting that the organizers should not compete in the event? Or am I reading the votes wrong? I know there was some smooth talking in the thread itself, but don't the votes speak to a general consensus that was ignored?

The real problem is that there have been many rumors of Jake bending the rules and outright cheating. Maybe one rumor could be questioned, but multiple rumors from several different individuals? This is who is now running USRCCA. Hypothetically, if these rumors are true, do you want this type of person running the USRCCA and holding "worlds"? It's my understanding that just yesterday he attempted to manipulate people by not having his own "worlds" truck tech inspected. When another competitor said the body looked short and could it be tech inspected, Jake said "That's not how we do it here". His body turned up being out of spec.
So if I read this correct, Jake(the new owner and promoter of the USRCCA) was caught trying to cheat at the biggest event of the year and the most highly sought after Championship. If it was anyone else they would have been banned from the event. I guess owning the Sactioning body does have advantages. Also, isn't this with Jake the same type of crap that everyone Flamed SINISTER over several months back?
mississippirocs is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #99
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sale Creek, TN
Posts: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippirocs View Post
So if I read this correct, Jake(the new owner and promoter of the USRCCA) was caught trying to cheat at the biggest event of the year and the most highly sought after Championship. If it was anyone else they would have been banned from the event. I guess owning the Sactioning body does have advantages. Also, isn't this with Jake the same type of crap that everyone Flamed SINISTER over several months back?

If this is true, then everybody needs to look into this.
THE PARTS GUY is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #100
06 Super National Champ
 
JasonInAugusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Stark Industries Bar and Grill
Posts: 11,361
Default

Wow.

...and people wonder why I've lost interest.
JasonInAugusta is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com