Notices

Thread: You believe this shit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Yeah but those low lifes dont have a badge do they

If a cop is out of line,its a whole different ball of wax,cuz they are suppossed to be above the fray.They have legal authority to detain us,by force if necessary,and often it seems when they do get caught being out of line,their brothers within the force help protect them.So when that happens it seems to me theyare more concerned with protecting v thier own,over the victems of the officer that made a bad call.Thats not what we pay them to do.IMO
We can help fellow officer out on some things but when it comes to hiding illegal activities unless you are willing to go down for it to you better not be involved. Personally I am not losing my job or risking going to jail for anyone. My point is every one wants to instantly hang any officer who so much as puts a scratch on someone or does something that is dishonest or crooked and associate all other officer with it. In reality it is a very small number of officers who disgrace the badge.. typically by percentage it is less than any other profession as far as people doing illegal activities but since our job makes us more news worthy it makes it seem like it happens way more than in any other line of work. Yes, we are suppose to be better, more upstanding people than your average Joe but we are human just like the rest of you and we make mistakes too.. but when we do it ends up on the news.

Last edited by bnoland; 01-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

For every 1 bad cop there is 5000 good ones. But do you ever hear the good stories of what police do? Do ya see that in the news papers and on the tv? No.. People like to bitch about the police but who is the 1st people they call when their house gets broke into, They get robbed, etc.. The police. ****in media makes me sick.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #83
Pebble Pounder

cops like every thing else is needed. just face it theres the good the bad and the ugly in every field. i think the cop in this story were to do anything would be giving the guy a ticket for running the red lights after things where settled. i know its an emerency and all but what about 911 and the ambulance? strickenly odd that they were never called. need to get some where in a rush the back of an ambulance is the place to be
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Why would anybody want to be a cop?
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarly Nerd View Post
Why would anybody want to be a cop?
Not me.But would you really want to live in todays society without cops?!.Once again not me.

I guess in a perfect world we wouldnt need them
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
i know its an emerency and all but what about 911 and the ambulance? strickenly odd that they were never called.
it was already talked about, it just depends on the situation, some people would rather wait for an ambulance and others don't.

also for the one bad cop out of 5000, nah my town has all bad cops, heck, they pulled over my mom's bf because the top corner of his license was bent
I think it's the other way around, like maybe ten good cops out of 100 bad kinda thing. i know I'll get bit**ed at but honestly that's what it seems now.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
it was already talked about, it just depends on the situation, some people would rather wait for an ambulance and others don't.

also for the one bad cop out of 5000, nah my town has all bad cops, heck, they pulled over my mom's bf because the top corner of his license was bent
I think it's the other way around, like maybe ten good cops out of 100 bad kinda thing. i know I'll get bit**ed at but honestly that's what it seems now.
Here's the thing a lot of people don't understand. While the infraction he was pulled over for seems minor, if it is illegal it is illegal. That nit-picking the officer that pulled him over was doing leads to much bigger things which in the long run lowers the crime. I love making drug arrest. In 2 1/2 years every drug arrest has come from a traffic stop of some kind. Wanna to here about nit-picking? I check the parks because they close at certain hours.. Seem petty right? My biggest drug bust has come from check people in the park after hours. I stopped a guy for a cracked windshield who ended up being DUI.. Later on word around the neiborhood he lives in was he was on the way to kill someone and I stopped him before he did. By stopping I'm for a cracked windshield I got a dangerous drunk driver stopped and possibly prevented a murder.

I get paid crap, catch shit attitudes, called names, people fight with us almost daily.. All because of what I do. When I do my job properly you will think I haven't done anything but every now and then i get one person who is truly thankful for the help i have given them and for me that make it worth it.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoland View Post
Here's the thing a lot of people don't understand. While the infraction he was pulled over for seems minor, if it is illegal it is illegal. That nit-picking the officer that pulled him over was doing leads to much bigger things which in the long run lowers the crime. I love making drug arrest. In 2 1/2 years every drug arrest has come from a traffic stop of some kind. Wanna to here about nit-picking? I check the parks because they close at certain hours.. Seem petty right? My biggest drug bust has come from check people in the park after hours. I stopped a guy for a cracked windshield who ended up being DUI.. Later on word around the neiborhood he lives in was he was on the way to kill someone and I stopped him before he did. By stopping I'm for a cracked windshield I got a dangerous drunk driver stopped and possibly prevented a murder.

I get paid crap, catch shit attitudes, called names, people fight with us almost daily.. All because of what I do. When I do my job properly you will think I haven't done anything but every now and then i get one person who is truly thankful for the help i have given them and for me that make it worth it.
yours is an exception, cuz you are doing the right thing, this cop wasn't..... he really was harassing my mom's bf, it all stopped when he finally told them he would put charges for harassment. and there is no law about having the corner bent barely(to give an idea of degree of bentness it had-it was about a 179 out of 180 on a protractor kinda thing)
thats what I mean about 10 good and 100 bad, there is more croked or just power hungry cops out there than good cops, and thats really sad to see.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #89
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yours is an exception, cuz you are doing the right thing, this cop wasn't..... he really was harassing my mom's bf, it all stopped when he finally told them he would put charges for harassment. and there is no law about having the corner bent barely(to give an idea of degree of bentness it had-it was about a 179 out of 180 on a protractor kinda thing)
thats what I mean about 10 good and 100 bad, there is more croked or just power hungry cops out there than good cops, and thats really sad to see.
in the town i live i dont have a problem with law. we have a new police cheif and mayor so there finaly cracking down on are gang and drug issues and dueshbag cops. with dueshbag cops the public does not trust the police. with no police trust the gangs will run ever more rampid in a town with deep gang roots. the only dueshbag cop i ran into twice was a fem nazi bent on proving that she can be two times the duesh that a male cop can be. oh boy did i feel sorry for her trainee.
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #90
dnf

Quote:

You said it,

It may seem petty............thats cuz it is
and when a cop does it it makes them petty as well

My wife had a cop pull her over for not having her lights on......It was still daylight..and she had her parking and driving lights on....
He said they must be on 30 min prior to sun set,I responded
"well what did you pull her over for,accourding to my watch it still
another 31 min to sunset"
he was just wanting to snop...thats B.S. IMO
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:

My wife had a cop pull her over for not having her lights on......It was still daylight..and she had her parking and driving lights on....
I can't fully agree with the petty, that's not my area of thoughts but the rest is right, there is a lot more just wanting to be douches, and that was kinda the stuff my moms bf was going through, so hopefully you can see why we kinda get a bad look at cops, I'm not saying all is bad but their is a lot more bad than good.
luckily we have gotten a new officer and he is pretty chill, he doesn't try to act tough or that he is better, hell I forgot once that school hours run till 5pm and was doing 27mph and he pulled me over and just gave a warning cuz I had apologized about it(I really forgot/didn't know it was till five) and he was polite and everything. that helps a lot to know there is good cops but it's sad to see cuz the other two officers had been on duty, they would have been di**s to me and just gave a ticket
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

I don't know how good or bad cops in US are, but here that's 90% the same with rock hard.
U can be shot by some cop, u can be hi, by cop while driving ur bike and in most cases u are guilty coz u r just guilty.
We are all taught here, that we can either DE-cash our pockets, or talk in a very unpleasent but still polite manner to an officer who have stopped u. U have to know perfectly traffic law and some criminal law. Then, u feel much more safe and self-confident.
Sometimes that helps. Sometimes not.
But you guys leave in a police state (no any offence). It bothers, but at least, your policemen in most of the cases will help someone being beated or else.
shizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You said it,

It may seem petty............thats cuz it is
and when a cop does it it makes them petty as well

Yes, but petty leads to finding or prevents bigger things. We are paid to be snoops .. People call us to their houses to be put in their business. Headlights off 30 min before sunset is petty but it is still illegal if you don't have them on regardless of how petty you feel it is. If the are hard on stuff like that the people who want to sell drug and gang bang are going to stay away from there because there is a lot higher chance they will get caught with something they shouldn't have and sent to jail. It seems petty to you because it's a pain in the but for you but it's helping to keep your area safer.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I can't fully agree with the petty, that's not my area of thoughts but the rest is right, there is a lot more just wanting to be douches, and that was kinda the stuff my moms bf was going through, so hopefully you can see why we kinda get a bad look at cops, I'm not saying all is bad but their is a lot more bad than good.
luckily we have gotten a new officer and he is pretty chill, he doesn't try to act tough or that he is better, hell I forgot once that school hours run till 5pm and was doing 27mph and he pulled me over and just gave a warning cuz I had apologized about it(I really forgot/didn't know it was till five) and he was polite and everything. that helps a lot to know there is good cops but it's sad to see cuz the other two officers had been on duty, they would have been di**s to me and just gave a ticket
How many police do you have? It's seems like very few which makes me think your are in a small town. Small towns are always bigger asses about stuff cause they don't have anything to do.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
How many police do you have? It's seems like very few which makes me think your are in a small town. Small towns are always bigger asses about stuff cause they don't have anything to do.
yes you have a point on that, we have three, the main douche we call officer slow, because he never tries.
we have a saying going on in our town where, if there was a serious crime like assault, he will never be around cuz he's in the next town getting doughnuts but if you were going 1mph above the speed limit, he would be there to pull you over and give you a ticket.

but in salem there are many police officers which I know very well(I'm a downtowner, which means I'm frequently down town with friends just hanging out)
and they have more police officers that are just sh**heads, heck I got a offensive littering ticket cuz I "supposedly threw a cig to the ground" even though I wasn't even smoking during that time. another was when a woman had went across the street when the light was green and a bus was coming up and I ran out and grabbed her and pulled her to the other side to keep her from being hit and I was given a ticket for jay walking or something like that.
it just seems that more and more are just giving tickets out to fill there daily quota and not really using any sense.

Last edited by demonoid369; 01-31-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #96
dnf

Quote:

I think in small towns the cops are better with the locals cuz they know us..
They may play hell on out of towners.

But like the craccked windshied you pulled over...yes it lead to a dui

But here in TX its not against the law to have a cracked windshield.
so why pull me over

IMO cops would serve us better by looking for signs os "suspicious"
activity.
So if my car is swerving,ect you have suspicion and I'm good with that
your just doing your job IMO,maybe I was just reaching for somthing...
but you dont know till you check.

If you pull me over cuz my windshield is cracked,or my licens plate light is
"dim" or my trailer ball on the bumper kept you from "reading" my plate

well thats just being a pain in the ars IMO
If one of my headlights is out,hell your just doing your job
If you pull me over cuz my front plate is "dirty" your an ars

Look for real signs of suspicion,dont just "look" for B.S. hoping it leads to
a better deal for ya,I know ya like your dui's and felonies
dont pull me over for stupid crap "fishing" for something
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think in small towns the cops are better with the locals cuz they know us..
They may play hell on out of towners.

But like the craccked windshied you pulled over...yes it lead to a dui

But here in TX its not against the law to have a cracked windshield.
so why pull me over

IMO cops would serve us better by looking for signs os "suspicious"
activity.
So if my car is swerving,ect you have suspicion and I'm good with that
your just doing your job IMO,maybe I was just reaching for somthing...
but you dont know till you check.

If you pull me over cuz my windshield is cracked,or my licens plate light is
"dim" or my trailer ball on the bumper kept you from "reading" my plate

well thats just being a pain in the ars IMO
If one of my headlights is out,hell your just doing your job
If you pull me over cuz my front plate is "dirty" your an ars

Look for real signs of suspicion,dont just "look" for B.S. hoping it leads to
a better deal for ya,I know ya like your dui's and felonies
dont pull me over for stupid crap "fishing" for something
now that I can agree on, but my little town doesn't get the good cops that know us well but this isn't a reflection on you bnoland just what other cops tend to do a lot.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #98
Suck it up!

I got pulled over last year for a cracked windshield, burned out brake light, and speeding (8 over), all in the same stop. Tickets received: 0.

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #99
RCC Addict

must have been wearing a skirt or something.......

jk
Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #100
Suck it up!

Quote:
must have been wearing a skirt or something.......

jk
Nope. The cops here are super cool and usually won't mess with you unless you're a crackhead or something.

He even went back to confirm which tail light was out when I asked about it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote