Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Interesting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
So Catholics shouldn't be able to breed...that way we could end the epidemic of pedophiles in the church ranks?!?!?!? No because not all church members or officials are pedophiles...we can't blame them all for the actions of those pedophile extremists associated with them.

Condemn those who did the act, not an umbrella towards a group of people who have not been involved and are as innocent as yourself.
If you quote my entire statement you will see I am not using an umbrella assumption of guilt or wrong doing by those who practice the Muslim faith. I am very specific in saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
The point I was making is that in this instance, it is members of a faction of a religion that committed the terrorist act in the name of said religion. From what I have read, the individuals involved in this community center are friendly and sympathetic if not linked to the "whackos" that incite and carry out violent acts towards non-believers. It is for that reason I find it disgusting.
I could care less if a Mosque or religious based community center was built there if the organization was on the up and up but there is more then one aspect of this deal, the developer, questionable donations, and comments by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf that fails the smell test. Add that to they want the American tax payer to foot the bill....fail.

Last edited by Eritex Inc.; 11-24-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Condemn those who did the act, not an umbrella towards a group of people who have not been involved and are as innocent as yourself.
Sarah: (9:5), "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."
rnpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

^ Well dang, that sounds exactly like the God of the Bible.. (*sarcasm for those who can't tell).

Quote:
In a March, 1996, interview with Time magazine, McVeigh professed his belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs."
His problem was believing that the United States was founded as a strict Lockean democracy and that the government was too big. I tend not to agree with the Catholic church, but they aren't responsible for his actions.
vw_thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

its pretty sad when something that which is supposed to help us lead a lifestyle that's kind to one another , pits us against each other.

to quote a tee shirt.. " why is there enough religion to invoke war, yet not enough to instill tolerance?"

kinda makes me question my own faith sometimes.

don't muslims like to build temples at sites of victories ???
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

isnt this quite a few blocks away from ground zero anyways. and not supposed to be a mosque in the first place?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

if you arent bothered by them building this you are straight up sick.

Its bad enough having them build it there, but then having them ask for funding!?

yeh it was a group of extremist. dont worry it wont happen again.. not. Extremist spread the group gets bigger and bigger. And hasnt some of the other bombs or bomb threats on planes came from muslim people
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #47
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Stating that you don't have a religion. In a way is a religion. You believe to believe or have faith in what you think of the world or God('s).....
Thats true, but when was the last time you saw athiests running around blowing stuff up?

I do have faith in what I believe, but I also leave my belief and my faith open to modification when new information is recieved. I love investigating ideas that may oppose my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Everyone is classified in a group if they like it or not.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #48
dnf

Quote:
Religion is the cure to ruin the world. I don't believe any church of any religion should receive state, county, city, or federal funding or for that matter tax breaks.
I disagree with your 1st comment,however totally agree with your premise that a religious group shouldnt get any tax dollars,tax breaks I can see,but thats it.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #49
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
isnt this quite a few blocks away from ground zero anyways. and not supposed to be a mosque in the first place?
My understanding is it was a historical building,historical cuz one of the landing gears struck its roof.

I'm also under the impression it is to be a mosque.

The gov. is in a pickle here,to not allow for public outrage is simulare to mob rule.
Also if Christian churches are allowed within simular distance,then not allowing a mosque in simulare area would be unethical.

However,this particulare building was historical,and should have been treated as such.Not to be gutted to make way for a church or a opra theater.
It should have been preserved by the city through zoning to be kept as close to OG as possible for historical value.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't believe any church of any religion should receive state, county, city, or federal funding or for that matter tax breaks.

I would rather my tax money feed children, give warmth to people in need and make the US self sufficient and stop borrowing money from other countries.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Not a religious guy by any means, but god, jesus, christ, allia or who ever the fxck, IS IN MY EYES was based off of the same point in time, the same person. passed on to other countires that took their spin on the thought of a higher power,

but the sad thing is THEY ARE ALL TOO F-ING stupid to realize that they are all worshiping the same damn person!! a person who put you in this living hell of a dieing planet, please end it all!

its late, dont care lol.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #52
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Binaryterror likes to nitpick on things, he doesn't care about (let alone notice) the big picture. Word of advice: Don't waste your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Thats true, but when was the last time you saw athiests running around blowing stuff up?
Take a look at East Europe/Asia. Stalin and other military zealots killed and tortured their own people for being theists. You forget their policy of manifest destiny: "Spread communism far and wide ?? While it may not be as overt, they owe blood too.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 11-25-2010 at 12:32 AM.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #53

I have heard this some where before......You do not discuss religion or politics with tons of people. It causes problems. Thats my bit I guess. Burn me if need be, cause I am not contributing to the discussion.
Cookie Monster Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
......You do not discuss religion or politics with tons of people.
Then what prize do I win for starting a thread about both??
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
You are laughable in arguments. Remember guys, ThinkTank always has problems providing facts.

Word of advice: His posts are like reading fairy tales.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #56
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Take a look at East Europe/Asia. Stalin and other military zealots killed and tortured their own people for being theists. You forget their policy of manifest destiny: "Spread communism far and wide ?? While it may not be as overt, they owe blood too.
Ok, so there is Stalin. Who else do we add to the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
I have heard this some where before......You do not discuss religion or politics with tons of people. It causes problems. Thats my bit I guess. Burn me if need be, cause I am not contributing to the discussion.
I typically don't have the time or will to discuss such matters face to face...it can be really time consuming. On the web though...these discussions can bounce along at the leisure of the participants.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
My understanding is it was a historical building,historical cuz one of the landing gears struck its roof.

I'm also under the impression it is to be a mosque.

The gov. is in a pickle here,to not allow for public outrage is simulare to mob rule.
Also if Christian churches are allowed within simular distance,then not allowing a mosque in simulare area would be unethical.

However,this particulare building was historical,and should have been treated as such.Not to be gutted to make way for a church or a opra theater.
It should have been preserved by the city through zoning to be kept as close to OG as possible for historical value.
last i eard it was a community center with some prayer space
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #58
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Ok, so there is Stalin. Who else do we add to the list?
I got stuff to do so heres a short list.

Khrushchev
Mao Zedong
Francisco Macías Nguema
Pol Pot
Ta Mok
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #59
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
last i eard it was a community center with some prayer space

a community center for Prayer ......... its main focus is the Mosque but after the controversy started the developers said it will have space for other religions too.

but if its a crime to practice Christianity over there then how is it alright to worship it in the same building over here?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

This is how it is, Americans are the Mashed Potatoes, While muslims are the gravy, they crashed down and now want some more on there. Idk trying to make some gay thing, but they need gone, GO AWAY
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote