Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Interesting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Francisco Macías Nguema
While not religious in a normal term, he was not atheist as he believed he himself was God and created Equatorial Guinea. Famos quotes: “There is no God other than Macias.”
“God created Equatorial Guinea, thanks to Papa Macias. Without Macias, Equatorial Guinea would not exist.”

Quote:
Pol Pot
Religion = Therevada Buddhism

Quote:
Ta Mok
Religion = unknown, was training as a Buddhist.

ThinkTank stop using WikiPedia as your sole source, remember its a editable source and often not enough exact sources prove what is written.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #62
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
While not religious in a normal term, he was not atheist as he believed he himself was God and created Equatorial Guinea. Famos quotes: “There is no God other than Macias.”
“God created Equatorial Guinea, thanks to Papa Macias. Without Macias, Equatorial Guinea would not exist.”

While not religious in a normal term, he was not atheist as he believed he himself was God.

Religion = Therevada Buddhism

Religion = unknown, was training as a Buddhist.

ThinkTank stop using WikiPedia as your sole source, remember its a editable source and often not enough exact sources prove what is written.

Similar to Stalin. Both view themselves above their fellow man. Technically by believing he himself is a god is another way of denying God.

True, I thought it deserved merit based on the Khmer Rouge policy, since they were responsible for most of that debacle their names make the list. Constantine was a pagan despite using Christianity as his weapon. Do you credit him as murdering in the name of Christianity or Paganism?

Hitler is thought of as a Christian even when he was screwing with the occult. What ever people profess to be rarely holds under scrutiny, their actions speak louder than words.

PS. You're nit picking again. It's okay to admit that hypocrisy exists, AND people kill each for nothing. Unlike you I'm not trying to rob you of your dignity or peace.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 11-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #63
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Similar to Stalin. Both view themselves above their fellow man. Technically by believing he himself is a god is another way of denying God.

True, I thought it deserved merit based on the Khmer Rouge policy, since they were responsible for most of that debacle their names make the list. Constantine was a pagan despite using Christianity as his weapon. Do you credit him as murdering in the name of Christianity or Paganism?

Hitler is thought of as a Christian even when he was screwing with the occult. What ever people profess to be rarely holds under scrutiny, their actions speak louder than words.

PS. You're nit picking again. It's okay to admit that hypocrisy exists, AND people kill each for nothing. Unlike you I'm not trying to rob you of your dignity or peace.
Anybody who believes in a god that you do not believe in is an athiest.

Hitler for a while was being counciled by a cardinal sent directly from Rome, and the Church never really took a hard stance against what he was doing. It may not have been official support, but it wasn't opposition either.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #64
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Hitler for a while was being counciled by a cardinal sent directly from Rome, and the Church never really took a hard stance against what he was doing. It may not have been official support, but it wasn't opposition either.

It was official support. My point is even when the lunatic's personal view differs, it doesn't diminish their impact/support in the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker
You're just spending your entire life believing that your choice of religion is 100% right and true. What about everyone else?
I've studied pretty much every major religion. I don't remember every little detail, most of them. Also both binaryterror and I are educated, I think Duuuuuuude as well. I take offense when someone says the world ends with me, might want to keep that in mind.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #65
dnf

[QUOTE=Rig Rocker;2762237]Sorry if I offended you. Just my 2 cents

I didn't say the world ends with you ThinkTank
I'm not blaming Christians for anything, just speaking in general and that was the example I chose to use. I was raised Christian but have opened up my mind to everything good.

Good is Good. Bad is Bad Can we all agree on that?[/QUOTE]

Nope

Think of this
Abraham had his son on an alter,ready to kill in Gods name.
Bad or good?
Well cps would have hos ass,yet God looked upon him with favor.

Moses killed everything on rout to Canan. Men,women,children,livestock.
All life was lost,good or bad?
Well it wouldnt pass muster with the geneva convention,yet he was satisfying Gods will.

So what I may consider bad,another religion may not.
Another example,we here in america treat ourt women differently than middle eastern countries.
We would say to treat them so harshly is bad
They would say not to is bad.
Who is right?
Unfrortunatly deciding who is right,is often decided with battle.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-26-2010 at 01:29 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #66
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Good is Good. Bad is Bad Can we all agree on that?
Yes. I understand what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_hard
Abraham wasn't going to kill in God's name.
Moses didn't fight, he was 80 years old at the time.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 11-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #67
dnf

Quote:
Yes.

Abraham wasn't going to kill in God's name.
Moses didn't fight, he was 80 years old at the time. Get your facts straight or shut up.

We all read it the way we want I guess.
And since I build the pools not my boss,I guess he isnt a pool builder.Even though its his company.

Moses gave the orders,but it boils down to God
Not all religions do the same things to please GOD.
We would not stone a person to death in the name od GOD.
We would say thats bad
Some countries would say its good.

Hence I disagree with the coment that good is good
Whats good to me may not be good to another
This is true on a personal level
as it is a religions level aswell
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #68
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post

Hence I disagree with the coment that good is good
Whats good to me may not be good to another
This is true on a personal level
as it is a religions level aswell

A better example is the Aztec and Mayans. They'd rip your heart out and offer it as a gift. Acceptable to them, bad by our standards.
I usually don't tell people to shut up, I guess I'm comfortable enough to yell at you now.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
An atheist believes in no gods. So a Christian is never an atheist even to a muslim, because they believe in a deity or god and would be a theist.

No matter which set of single god you believe in you are a theist. To be an atheist you must believe in no god(s).
Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

So this raises an interesting topic?

Can all aspects of right & wrong be left open to interpretation?

If some 3rd world tribe in a foreign country openly condones sensless murder, does that mean its right?

Should we, on an individual level, get our perceptions of right and worng based on what others perceive it to be?

Interesting to think about it in a hypothetical context....
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Should we, on an individual level, get our perceptions of right and worng based on what others perceive it to be?
This happens be you religious or not, extremist or laid back, strong beliefs or weak. We learn from our society, which can be religious or non-religious.

And as moral codes go, those will be differing based on how they are learned or taught. It also matters the core of the beliefs that told them what is right and wrong.

As an American eating beef is a normal meal, while to my Indian friend that is not something normal or good.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Obviously, those perceptions will be vastly different across society. Even from person to person. It would be difficult to find a medium that everyone agrees on. This is the reason why I am no longer a part of any organized religion...my views on several subjects were different, but the other members of that religion were not able to accept them, so I have not been back. Now, I simply treat others as I wish to be treated and hope that it turns out well for me...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

So if ultimately no one is right or wrong, how does one know what truly is "right" or "wrong"? Or is there such a thing?

Does intelligence play a role?
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #74
Suck it up!

Quote:
Also both binaryterror and I are educated, I think Duuuuuuude as well.

Does this mean I'm in the club now? Do we get jackets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
An atheist believes in no gods. So a Christian is never an atheist even to a muslim, because they believe in a deity or god and would be a theist.

No matter which set of single god you believe in you are a theist. To be an atheist you must believe in no god(s).
Yes, but a way to look at that, and the way I meant it, would be to say that if the only god there is is the one you believe in, and I believe in a different god, then I could be considered an atheist because the god I believe in does not exist in your eyes. If you had a dozen people who all thought that way in a room, and they all believed in different gods, then you would have a room full of atheists.

Also, Christians and Muslims (and Jews) all believe in the same God, though the only ones that will accept that are the Muslims.

Quote:
So this raises an interesting topic?

Can all aspects of right & wrong be left open to interpretation?

If some 3rd world tribe in a foreign country openly condones sensless murder, does that mean its right?

Interesting to think about it in a hypothetical context....
Right and wrong is in the eye of the beholder. What is right in one situation may not be right in another. That's why our laws are so complex.

I could give a flying fawk about the religious side of the 10 Commandments, but think that the moral codes are a damn good way to provide a civil society.

This is also good:

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): A. Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If I Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.

In the name of His Noodly Goodness, RAmen.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 11-27-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #75
Release your anger..

Quote:

Does this mean I'm in the club now? Do we get jackets?
I was assuming you had education. My instructors 'tell' me to not assume everyone is dumber than you.

Quote:
So if ultimately no one is right or wrong, how does one know what truly is "right" or "wrong"? Or is there such a thing?

Does intelligence play a role?
Not intelligence, conscience.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #76
Suck it up!

Quote:
I was assuming you had education. My instructors 'tell' me to not assume everyone is dumber than you.
I'm currently enrolled in Duuuuuuuude's School of Advanced Learnednessification and Wisdomomitry. Right now we're in the middle of Fall Break, but we'll be hitting the books again soon.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #77
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Do we get jackets?
I heard you get your pecker stapled to your forehead.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #78
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I heard you get your pecker stapled to your forehead.
Again?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes, but a way to look at that, and the way I meant it, would be to say that if the only god there is is the one you believe in, and I believe in a different god, then I could be considered an atheist because the god I believe in does not exist in your eyes. If you had a dozen people who all thought that way in a room, and they all believed in different gods, then you would have a room full of atheists.
I disagree completely, though you are right most would feel your way. I see your point, but I still stick to the more accurate term myself.

Believe in a god or gods? Theist
No belief in a god or gods? Atheist
Unsure about the existence of gods, but something must be there or done this? Agnostic