Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pot heads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

It is indeed shitty that some stoned fool totaled Bents car, but the rest of this has just gone silly. It reminds me of the 4/20 thread back in April. It could have easily been a drunk guy, phone user, or some dumb kid that was looking down at his radio not paying attention to the road, the latter which almost killed me in 1996.

The anti pot advocates are not going to have their opinions swayed by an online debate, the pot heads are not going to stop smoking because of it either.

The thought that just because someone tokes on a little green makes them an absolute moron is as idiotic as calling the guy that buys a 6 pack (or larger) after work stupid.

Driving while intoxicated is moronic, getting intoxicated is human nature. As a race we have been smoking weed and drinking for what, a few thousand years at least?

Some of you guys need to open your minds a bit, others need to grow a set, will it happen? NO... And in America it does not have too!

To that I say smoke on!!! But wait until you are sober to drive, same goes for the drunks, coke heads, meth heads, heroin junkies, and crack fiends. Pollute your body as you wish but keep the shit off of public roads and highways.....

Why the hell do they call them highways anyway if we are supposed to drive sober? Bad term to use for those that live to argue semantics....
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I have never gotten into an accident while using a hand held device.
If you could find out how many drivers have,and how many drivers havnt
I bet you will find more people have used thier phones without a problem

so why ban them
The people are the problem not the phone,why take away my ability to do something I enjoy cuz some people screw up?

Its like saying that people cant drive intoxicated=not true
you can drive intoxicated(at least here) but you have to be resposible enough
to know when you have had enough.

If you drive over the limit of LEGAL intoxication then your screwed.

So its ok to drive a little intoxicated
but I cant call my wife on my way home from work???
feaking rediculous.

Alot of you live in areas where your doing 15 mph in traffic??? why not use a phone and take care of some buisness?

I live in bfe and do ALOT of driving at times,fact is talking on the cb and telphone keep over the road driver ALERT!!!

Tottal bs to take away my ability to communicate cuz of the actiona of others

thats like taking away my right to own a firearm cuz other rob stores with them.

actually I would call it a 1st amandment issue

and as far as saying you would be more angry at someone who hit you if they had been on a cell phone
I really hope your just blowing steam

here you better be carefull,anytime someone comes at you in a threatning manner here,you have a legal right to drop them.

So you have to keep your cool at all times.

You never know who is carryinig

But I carry my 45 in my truck at all times for various reasons
one being people who come at me in a threatning manner
Nope being on the phone is being impaired. Plain and simple.

So what everyone who voted for it in cali must not use phones? No they as well see the danger in it. I live in BFE and that makes it worse because people like you become complacent and think since you have been doing it for sooo long you will never have an accident. Alcohol wise, that is the reason for limits. Its not a danger to just have a few, the point is when it becomes an impairment is the problem. Just like you eating, reading, and doing other shit and not focusing on the road 100%
Its that mentality that is the issue. Oh and could care less what your "packing" if someone hurts my family and it is because you are drunk, reading, on the phone whatever its on. I dont worry about shit like oh noes he might have a gun. It is love for ones family that makes a person react in a certain way and I have been there before.
Good luck out there not being safe and endangering all of our families.

Reb

Last edited by Rebelspawn; 12-07-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelspawn View Post
Agreed.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Agreed.
In my personal experience, it is far worse than driving stoned.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
In my personal experience, it is far worse than driving stoned.
Either way, both are cases of an impaired driver. IMO, when someone is driving a car, they need to focus on the task at hand so that they don't injure or cause damage to other drivers/cars.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Either way, both are cases of an impaired driver. IMO, when someone is driving a car, they need to focus on the task at hand so that they don't injure or cause damage to other drivers/cars.
I do not care of it is stoned, drunk, messing with a phone, doing your make up, watching a DVD, messing with radio settings, or whacking it.

All of it impairs the ability to safely operate a 3000+ lb death machine.

There are days I wish I had a death ray that could vaporize the cars of the morons on the streets of South Florida.

Keep in mind the above is the opinion of a guy that drinks (rarely), and burns (more frequently)...

Last edited by DickyT; 12-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Exactly why we need to adopt Germany's driving laws.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
There are days I wish I had a death ray that could vaporize the cars of the morons on the streets of South Florida.
Haha....I've mentioned that EXACT statement to my wife multiple times. I wish I could just remove one moron driver from the streets per day.....the removal would be performed with a large gun mounted to the top of my car.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I do not care of it is stoned, drunk, messing with a phone, doing your make up, watching a DVD, messing with radio settings, or whacking it.

All of it impairs the ability to safely operate a 3000+ lb death machine.

Keep in mind the above is the opinion of a guy that drinks (rarely), and burns (more frequently)...
I feel your pain Dicky, I used to live in Pompano Beach. I would much rather deal with the tards in California.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I feel your pain Dicky, I used to live in Pompano Beach. I would much rather deal with the tards in California.
I grew up in Laguna Beach, and went to college in Rhonert Park, I would much rather deal with Cali drivers too.

Pompano is very close to me now, I'm in Hollywood. I believe we had this conversation in the airport after Nats, damn the short term memory loss..
Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I grew up in Laguna Beach, and went to college in Rhonert Park, I would much rather deal with Cali drivers too.

Pompano is very close to me now, I'm in Hollywood. I believe we had this conversation in the airport after Nats, damn the short term memory loss..
There's a reason they call it dope.Although, I do remember the conversation.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Since this thread has gone astray anyhow.....

Why is it that people who smoke a few joints a week are labeled "potheads", but people who drink a few beers a week arent neccessarily labeled as "alcoholics"?

RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Since this thread has gone astray anyhow.....

Why is it that people who smoke a few joints a week are labeled "potheads", but people who drink a few beers a week arent neccessarily labeled as "alcoholics"?

Because the Government says alcohol is okay.

Maybe I should listen to them and quit burning and start drinking.

According to the Government, marijuana is more harmful than coke

Last edited by travis c.; 12-07-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Because the Government says alcohol is okay.

Maybe I should listen to them and quit burning and start drinking.

According to the Government, marijuana is more harmful than coke
No its just the government drinks alcohol so out lawing it would be like a gun owner fighting to take away guns
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

This thread is lame!!

You can not tell me that all of you have not driven distracted/impaired at some point in your driving life but the OP and almost everyone else wants to bash all pot heads for this one dip****. I hope everyone of you thinks of this thread the next time you get in a accdent, cause I know everyone of you are not perfect dirvers but just like to jump on the band wagen and bitch like all good citzens. Just cause you smell weed dose not mean that was the cause of the crash. It could of been a number of other things. People will never be safe or perfect you can keep wishing but at some point people will cry,kick, scream that its there way or no way. You all can keep your lableing and finger pointing just remember the finger will at some point be pointed at you.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
Yes it does!!!!

BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
Just cause you smell weed dose not mean that was the cause of the crash. It could of been a number of other things.
You have to admit that it certainly did not help his driving abilities....
Old 12-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You have to admit that it certainly did not help his driving abilities....
Ill admit that. Im just saying just cause a car smells like pot dose not mean its from smoke the weed it self can stink. I agree that driving impaired or distracted is a big no no. I work on freeways and roads I know the dangers I see it frist hand. I just have a real problem with the thread name and the mass lables people love to do and how everyone makes them selfs out to be perfect. Im sorry for the OP's loss of a car and the time loss out of there life to deal with this and glad no one was injured.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #99
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelspawn View Post

So what everyone who voted for it in cali must not use phones? No they as well see the danger in it. I live in BFE and that makes it worse because people like you become complacent and think since you have been doing it for sooo long you will never have an accident. Alcohol wise, that is the reason for limits. Its not a danger to just have a few, the point is when it becomes an impairment is the problem. Just like you eating, reading, and doing other shit and not focusing on the road 100%
Its that mentality that is the issue. Oh and could care less what your "packing" if someone hurts my family and it is because you are drunk, reading, on the phone whatever its on. I dont worry about shit like oh noes he might have a gun. It is love for ones family that makes a person react in a certain way and I have been there before.
Good luck out there not being safe and endangering all of our families.

Reb
So,you argue that when I'm on the phone I'm a danger to you.(if traveling same areas)

I then argue that your long hair is a distration and impaires your abilities(ussuming you have long hair)

Cuz you see,your hair can blow in your face at the wrong time,right when I;m hitting the brakes,then your inability to react fast enough results in a collision.

So I argue drivers with long hair is a danger to me on the road.

Or how about hadnicaped people,they may not have as fast a reacion time, cuz thier motion is slower.

YOu compensate your speed,distence btween you and other cars to allow for
your situation.

So if you are 1 car length behind me,doing 70 and not on the phone,you have a better chance of not reacting fast enough.

Than If I'm 3 car lenghths behind you,doing 65 and on the phone.

Its all a matter of opinion,but I would argue that is is a 1st amandment issue
You have no right to make me shut my mouth while in my car.

My mouth doesnt know its talking into the phone now does it
My eyes are not looking at the phone now are they
But you dont like it so I should stop

California
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

So you can dail a number or find a name in your phone with out looking? Whatever ear your phone is on, you can turn your whole body to look in that blind spot and still be looking ahead? When your phone rings You can find it with out looking for it?

I know phones have voise dial but you still got to look at it to find the button to push to speak that name or number.

What ever you do while driving you ARE distracted be it phones or turning the radio channel, reaching down for that cd you droped, eatting, puting makeup on ,lighting a cig all these thing have and will cause accedents.

Your long hair point is BS IMO. You are making a lame arguement there.

My point is you may not think you are not distracted on your phone but your not giving your full attention to the road are you. You may think your safe talking on the phone 3 cars links back but your not. I may have no right to make you shut your mouth in your own car but you have no right to endanger the rest of us with your not full attention driving.

You all see what I mean no 1 is a perfect driver You and your high horses may think you all are but you are not, as I am not. Acceadents will always happen its how we choose to handle them That make you a better person or not. Coming here bashing pot heads is not the right way IMO.