Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Reasons to support RCC....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
I am not saying that the site is not worth the $20. This is a free service, is what I am getting at.

I would think that the site owner would get upset with people giving others a hard time about not paying. It's kinda like bitchin on his behalf, even though he no problem with it.
After all, it is an option. Maybe he should cut way down on what you can do for free. Then people may be more opt to pay. Then again, I am sure there would be a lot less people on here as well.
It's not free though. There's a bunch of us that pay into it to support the ongoing maintenance and function of the site and then the freeloaders that don't pay. Sort of like paying your taxes and having the people on welfare live off of those funds If we all stopped paying, I doubt Jason and Badger would keep the site going for very long.

I think banning non-star holders out of certain sections is a good idea. Start with the buy/sell/trade forums and go from there
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You'll be taking Fred's job, so I expect top notch swinging. You also have to tell Fred he's been fired.
Fred, your swinging sucks, you are FIRED

I'll go get some new swingin' gloves when I get off of work, do you prefer sheep, lamb, or cow hide?
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Fred, your swinging sucks, you are FIRED

I'll go get some new swingin' gloves when I get off of work, do you prefer sheep, lamb, or cow hide?
No gloves please. You will want to get a tub of Bag Balm though...

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lame-o's without a star can twiddle goat balls.
I wondered what the line outside my door was for....

Quote:
Maybe he should cut way down on what you can do for free. Then people may be more opt to pay.
No, then people would be more apt to bitch
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
cherry bomb

to funny.

Now no one is gunna want to support. They will all be afraid of Duuuuude and his tub of goo
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No gloves please. You will want to get a tub of Bag Balm though...

Antiseptic? ruh roh... what did I get myself into?
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Pretty sure this is a free forum. Is it not??? Why pay if you do not want to? Make it a PAYING MEMBERS ONLY site if you want everyone to pony up. Till then.........
Consider yourself nominated for Asshat of the month...... Then after much considering, go post in this thread you cheap bastard.....
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #28
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
to funny.

Now no one is gunna want to support. They will all be afraid of Duuuuude and his tub of goo
I don't supply the tubs of balm. Had you been a proper nut swinger, you'd have known that. See why you got fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Antiseptic? ruh roh... what did I get myself into?
Its more about prevention and maintenance than it is about repair and disinfecting.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Its more about prevention and maintenance than it is about repair and disinfecting.
All set boss!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
It's not free though. There's a bunch of us that pay into it to support the ongoing maintenance and function of the site and then the freeloaders that don't pay. Sort of like paying your taxes and having the people on welfare live off of those funds If we all stopped paying, I doubt Jason and Badger would keep the site going for very long.

I think banning non-star holders out of certain sections is a good idea. Start with the buy/sell/trade forums and go from there

I was not saying that operating this site is free, I am saying that joining the site is free. Again, if he had a problem with people joining his site and not paying, he would make it a pay-to-join site. Cut back the benefits of a non-star holding member all you want.
If I felt that paying for this site was beneficial to me, I would pay. So far, what I get for free, is enough for me. Don't bag on people for taking someone up on their offer for a free service.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
Consider yourself nominated for Asshat of the month...... Then after much considering, go post in this thread you cheap bastard.....
I don't have a star though.....can I still win???
It's not about being cheap. It's principal. Do not give an option if you don't want people to select it. It's like telling people they can shake your hand or kick you in the nuts, and then bitching about people kicking you in the nuts.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

RCC is free to join. Look around a little get some good info, realize it's a very valuable tool and a fun place to be apart of. So then you become a paying member because you realize nothing in this world is free and it costs money to keep the forum up and running.

I think there should be a free trial period for people to see if they like the forum enough to join. This would cost more money though and make being a paid member cost more.

I am happy to pay $20 a year or .05 cents a day to help keep this place alive. This place is like a big family and in every family there is always free loaders.

Last edited by cave-man; 12-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #33
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
You sound like the guy that takes all the pennies from the "give a penny take a penny" tray at the gas station.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Cut back the benefits of a non-star holding member all you want.
Your signature looks retarded because unlike those of us willing to help support this site you can not use BBcode in your signature...
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
You sound like the guy that takes all the pennies from the "give a penny take a penny" tray at the gas station.

WOW....you guys are amazing!

Really? That's your response? I am simply pointing out that it is a free service, and if they wanted everyone to pay, they would change the way it is set up. If it is offered for free, what would make someone want to pay? If services that I use get cut off due to the fact that you must pay to use them, I would put forth the money to get those services.

Will someone do the math on all the star holding members, vendors included, and figure out just how much this site rakes in a year??? Just curious on the number. People may be amazed. And not a rough estimate. Real deal number.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't have a star though.....can I still win???
It's not about being cheap. It's principal. Do not give an option if you don't want people to select it. It's like telling people they can shake your hand or kick you in the nuts, and then bitching about people kicking you in the nuts.

Trust me, anything I say on here is all in fun. I understand some people can't afford $20 but that's a small percentage of the people without stars. Most just won't do it because they think it won't benefit them, which couldn't be farther from the truth. If you've ever bought anything crawler related (and you have or else you wouldn't be here) chances are you could've already saved $20 or more buying it out of the classified section. Also, I know you can get all the tech help here you want for free but personally, I'll take more time trying to help someone with a star. Call me prejudiced but if I only have 5 minutes online and there's 2 people asking for help, I'll help the one with a star. Same as you'd help a friend move before you would for a stranger.

Anyway, go post up.... That's what it's there for, my present to RCC....
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Your signature looks retarded because unlike those of us willing to help support this site you can not use BBcode in your signature...

Oooohhh ouch! WTF???
Old 12-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Will someone do the math on all the star holding members, vendors included, and figure out just how much this site rakes in a year??? Just curious on the number. People may be amazed. And not a rough estimate. Real deal number.
In this capitalistic society I hope it is upwards of 6 figures... Doubtful, but it certainly makes more than enough to keep it running. The extra goes to things like the video equipment that is used at National level events, the swagger wagon Jason had built to keep the elements away from the broadcasting gear.

When all of that is said and done, if Jason and Badger end up with a few extra dollars in their pockets, WELL DONE!

how is that for nut riding?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I really hope Jason and Badger make a profit off of this forum it is after all a business.
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Show up at a national level event and you will see that the money donated by the members of this site goes to WAY more things than the maintenance of the site. You can also meet some of the members and join the "jock rider" club....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote