Thread: Reasons to support RCC....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #41
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
WOW....you guys are amazing!

Really? That's your response?

Not at all just figuring out what type of person you are. The way you respond it sounds like you are the type of person that thinks the world owes you something, the type that would take the money out of a wallet before turning it in. The type to put himself before all others.

It doesn't even necessarily have to do with the star, but the way you approach and view the website.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
WOW....you guys are amazing!
There, I fixed your post for you.......
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Will someone do the math on all the star holding members, vendors included, and figure out just how much this site rakes in a year??? Just curious on the number. People may be amazed. And not a rough estimate. Real deal number.

its upwords of 25k a year rough numbers but I bet im close.

So you got the cost of running this site all the camra equipment(2 set I belive one for west and one for east) including a van to hall it all around in hotals for the camra crew I.E. mostly jason and Badger. Add all that up for a year with all the events they attend/run, all of this is for US btw and don't for get the RCC swag. If they do ended up with a few dollors in there pocket at the end of the year they earned it.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I agree with all the reasons already stated, but I'd like to add as a reason to support:

Hot Chick Avatars
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Not at all just figuring out what type of person you are. The way you respond it sounds like you are the type of person that thinks the world owes you something, the type that would take the money out of a wallet before turning it in. The type to put himself before all others.

It doesn't even necessarily have to do with the star, but the way you approach and view the website.

Keep goin........
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Hot Chick Avatars
But you don't have to pay to see them, only to add your own.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
But you don't have to pay to see them, only to add your own.
But you pay to support it If you're not freeloadin'

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 12-22-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
But you pay to support it If you're not freelaodin'
That would be the whole direction of this thread captain obvious...

holy shit, for once it's not me joo know i lub joo meng.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to add that a Star makes a nice Christmas or B-Day gift for your crawlin' buddies too

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 12-22-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #50
RCC Addict

So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay? I do not got to comps, I do not watch the videos, It has nothing to do with me. For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that. Quit trying to get people that don't use those services to pay for them for you.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay? I do not got to comps, I do not watch the videos, It has nothing to do with me. For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that. Quit trying to get people that don't use those services to pay for them for you.

Its voluntary, pay or don't. I really appreciate and value the RCC community here and want to see it stay alive for a long time. Thats why I upgraded the star this year. Could've blown $50 on something stupid but instead I supported my favorite place to hang out at - RCC
Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
God forbid a guy try to get a little more cash into the pockets of the other guys that makes such a great place for us to rip on each other (forget all the good stuff here)

It's a thread that a donating member started in the chit chat section to try and get more donations to the site. The OP has nothing to gain from it.

Quit trying to tell us to quit trying

this is fun for 15 more minutes, then it's time to stop nut riding and go home to play with my pregnant wife's swollen boobs

Last edited by DickyT; 12-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Being a decent sized forum owner myself I know the appreciation and help the $$ brings. Plus for me its a way to show my support.

Not to mention the work that goes into the forum behind the scenes--I know that all to well
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If you really don't like the idea--then don't and carry on---really....

I once told ya every action has a reaction....
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay? I do not go to comps, I do not watch the videos, It has nothing to do with me. For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that. Quit trying to get people that don't use those services to pay for them for you.
I've been on here for three years and not once since then to now have I ever been to a comp or seen a video or anything, but I would still pay for this, why? because of all the knowledge and help I have gotten here, even when I was a super noob, they still helped on things that I couldn't understand or gave advice so that I didn't end up screwing something up or getting my finger cut off
it doesn't matter if they don't give you materialistic items, you should be paying for all the help and advice they give.

and just wondering but do you ever give change to those red cross buckets you see in front of stores? if you do, it's the same as here. your helping for the better good of this community
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #56
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
...For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that.
I think it's fair to say that even if a supporting star was double, those that have one would still pay for it. All the Spinning Gold stars are more than double.

I think it's also fair to say that you wouldn't buy one even if it was $1....like you said it's about principle.

It's true you don't have to pay for anything....actually I like your honesty. But you also said if you felt paying for the site was beneficial to you, you would pay. If what you get here isn't beneficial, why do you keep coming back?

By the way, you started this thread, correct?

Anyone live in or around the Fullerton, CA area?

Just saying.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 12-22-2010 at 03:42 PM.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #57
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave-man View Post
I am happy to pay $20 a year or .05 cents a day to help keep this place alive.
Mods get paid .05 cents a day to keep this place looking the way it does. Seeing a star under a username shows me you appreciate the work we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Not to mention the work that goes into the forum behind the scenes--I know that all to well
I'm both addicted, and committed to this place. And it is work. Apparently I don't mind doing it though, and I have my fun..
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #58
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Here's another reason to support this site!

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281139
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quick stats from the main page:

2,518,814 posts

209,074 threads

45,595 members

At this moment there's 774 people online and the pages still load very quickly. A lot of those 45 thousand people also have pictures hosted on the site along with countless other things that are possible here.

Do you realize how much bandwidth all this shit uses? I have no idea what all of it costs but I'd be willing to bet it's not cheap. Just another thing that adds to the expenses of RCC. Then take into account all the work they do just to keep the site running smoothly. Personally I wouldn't do anything work related for less than my hourly wage, which is pretty high. If it was me running this site, I'd expect to make a little something for myself and I'd probably want more than they make, if anything.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #60
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
then it's time to stop nut riding and go home to play with my pregnant wife's swollen boobs
Bag Balm.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote