Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Reasons to support RCC....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #61
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
At this moment there's 774 people online and the pages still load very quickly. A lot of those 45 thousand people also have pictures hosted on the site along with countless other things that are possible here.

Do you realize how much bandwidth all this shit uses? I have no idea what all of it costs but I'd be willing to bet it's not cheap.
Yup. Was it this year or last year that new servers were bought to keep all this happening at an acceptable pace? Hmmm...wonder how that was paid for? Last time I checked "principals" weren't an accepted currency...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Mods get paid .05 cents a day to keep this place looking the way it does. Seeing a star under a username shows me you appreciate the work we do.

I'm both addicted, and committed to this place. And it is work. Apparently I don't mind doing it though, and I have my fun..
Do you do some of the site work?
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #63
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Do you do some of the site work?
Nay. That's all badger. I just do the custodial stuff... constantly cleaning up the messes around here making it look presentable.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

I appreciate RCC, its a good place for information. There are Aholes and many of them. There are Nice people and many of them. As a supporting member, I don't really give a crap if you support the site or not, its your choice. Tell me something. If this was a Pay site, and you were looking for information that could only be found here, would you pay?? Do you not appreciate the limitless information that is found on this site??

Imagine this site not existing, and the only way for you to get this information was from your trusty local hobby shop guy who is into nitro truggies and helicopters. Would you drive around town spending gas money and making long distance phone calls to hobby shops and places that have a little knowledge about crawling??
What about that killer deal on a like new Honcho scaler that you were just getting ready to buy. Some guy is liquidating it here on the site for 150 bucks! You were getting ready to drop 250 on a new one and you pick his up for 100 less. Is that not worth the 20 bucks it cost to support this site?? If it wasn't for this site, deals like that would not be possible.

The information alone on this site is enough for me to empty out my couch cushions for 20 bucks in change.

I'm not telling you to quit your bitchin, i'm not like that. But I am going to tell you to sit back, take a breath and relax. Getting all worked up about this is not going to get you anywhere. More and more people here are going to feed your fire and that is what they do. Just drop it. You're not hurting the feelings of the RCC owners by not paying. Its not a big deal.

I'm not a RCC nut swinger either (trust me, it annoys me too). Just a guy who likes playing with toy trucks and I appreciate the info and entertainment that this site provides.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

to support RCC is.....$1.60 a month.

Wonder how much RCCs server cost a month.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
Pretty sure this is a free forum. Is it not??? Why pay if you do not want to? Make it a PAYING MEMBERS ONLY site if you want everyone to pony up. Till then.........
Dirk Digler said it best: "I hate you already"

I think new guys should get a 60-90 day guest/trial period. After that if they can't decide it is worth 20 bucks to stay. Bye.......
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Nay. That's all badger. I just do the custodial stuff... constantly cleaning up the messes around here making it look presentable.

So you miss the fun stuff then
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I think it's fair to say that even if a supporting star was double, those that have one would still pay for it. All the Spinning Gold stars are more than double.

I think it's also fair to say that you wouldn't buy one even if it was $1....like you said it's about principle.

It's true you don't have to pay for anything....actually I like your honesty. But you also said if you felt paying for the site was beneficial to you, you would pay. If what you get here isn't beneficial, why do you keep coming back?

By the way, you started this thread, correct?

Anyone live in or around the Fullerton, CA area?

Just saying.
Yep. I started that. It is part of the free service they provide here. If I had a use for the benefits you get for being a paying member, I would do it. As of now, I do not need it.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post

I think new guys should get a 60-90 day guest/trial period. After that if they can't decide it is worth 20 bucks to stay. Bye.......

That's fine. You guys are obviously missing it. Try reading what is written and not just skimming through it. If it were a PAY SITE I would be a paying member. Easy enough to understand? The services I use on here are free to me, so I do not find a need to pay for further services in which I do not want to use. Guess I should burn in hell for that......
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #70
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
So you miss the fun stuff then
And I'm probably thankful that I do.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #71
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Yep. I started that. It is part of the free service they provide here. If I had a use for the benefits you get for being a paying member, I would do it. As of now, I do not need it.

You missed my point. Do you not think information you got in that thread was beneficial?

Actually I'm on your side. I don't think anyone here should make you feel pressured to support this site by buying a star. And you are correct that Jason and Badger have it set up that way for a reason. I just don't buy your argument about this site not being beneficial.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #72
Suck it up!

Not buying a star? Fine.

Quote:
I am not saying that the site is not worth the $20. This is a free service, is what I am getting at.

Trying to defend your non-star buying rationality to a dedicated star buying member(s)? Lame.

Like EeePee said, a star is a way of saying "thanks" to those that own, run, and maintain this site. Although, you'd probably look at it as nut-swinging.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Not buying a star? Fine.

Trying to defend your non-star buying rationality to a dedicated star buying member(s)? Lame.

Like EeePee said, a star is a way of saying "thanks" to those that own, run, and maintain this site. Although, you'd probably look at it as nut-swinging.
Your big on nut swinging today are you feeling lonely?
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #74
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan View Post
Your big on nut swinging today are you feeling lonely?
Why, you need something to do?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Why, you need something to do?
no thanks I'm allergic to nuts and nut by products
punkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #76
cherry bomb

larger PM box is one of my favorite features. 100pm's was not enough in my opinion, so gold star was meant to be.

also, it specs 15second wait time between searches it's actualy 5, how awesome is that.

hope you enjoy your 90second wait PHILBILLY, almost enough time to ....... just sayin
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
I'd go postal if something happened to RCC. Seriously.
There's always ClodTalk.......
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Not gonna chew anyone one out, or bitch about the no star holders. If you don't want to pay then don't. Like has been said its set up that way.
One reason I give mine is to make sure the site keeps going and get to read through threads like this everyday. Its the people here that I keep coming back for. There is some funny crap that goes on here and its pretty cheap entertainment.
I donate to some local charities(like Toys for Tots) and some National ones(Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Diabetes Assn.) and dont get anything back from them but a good feeling(well maybe some back from the Elk foundation). Its called a philanthropic(sp?) gift.
So dont buy a star if you dont want to, Im sure there is some tech out there from someone that has never bought a star. It takes all the members here to make this community.

P.S. Thanks Jason and Badger and everyone else who makes this place what it is.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
You missed my point. Do you not think information you got in that thread was beneficial?

Actually I'm on your side. I don't think anyone here should make you feel pressured to support this site by buying a star. And you are correct that Jason and Badger have it set up that way for a reason. I just don't buy your argument about this site not being beneficial.

Okay. I see. I came across wrong. This site IS beneficial. I fully agree. I was more talking about the features I would receive by being a star holding member. The features I have at my disposal right now are sufficient and free, so that is the means of my argument.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Will someone do the math on all the star holding members, vendors included, and figure out just how much this site rakes in a year???
Income from us users is 1 thing....you seem to forget the cost and overhead to run a Forum.

This isn't billybob's 4 user forum. Supporting the PM's, images, links, information and letting you search takes huge amounts of processing and bandwidth. Be they hosting their own servers, then they need to buy servers and some sort of extremely high end service to allow so many users to simultaneous access the features.

I am in IT and I shutter to think of the daily bandwidth required to run such a forum.

Quote:
So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay?
Everytime you post you just used more bandwidth. Everytime to click another thread to read...you use more bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Dirk is my hero!
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote