Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Reasons to support RCC....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #101
RCC Addict

i think the site is well worth the $20 not for free,but to enter the contests and hellz if nothing else just for the pics,builds,and info you can gain on here.

well there went my 2 of my pennies.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #102
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLBILLY View Post
So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay? I do not got to comps, I do not watch the videos, It has nothing to do with me. For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that. Quit trying to get people that don't use those services to pay for them for you.
If you read you use the site,if you search you use the site,if you post you use the site. I think the free stuff is for a reason,its to get you introduced.

My opinion is mixed about people who should and shouldnt pay

I see that people may not like it here,so give them a free door fee
then they casn get in,check it out and see if its a fit

If your one of thise poeple that log on like once or twice a month,well I guess I can see your arguement to not pay.

And if your a minor I cant expect you to pay

But if your here on a daily or weekly basis then I think you should contribute.
Granted some people are on real tight budgets,and maybe 20 aint just laying around to spare.But after 6 months or so I would think someone could drop the coin to contribute.

I think I waited like a week before I paid up,cuz I noticed imediatly the info was so benificial,and most people so willing to share.
To be honest I nosed around in past threads and kinda read the progression
and the topics from past yrs.
It makes for some good reading.

A book is like 5-20 bucks,This site never runs out of topic,there is alot of good reads.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #103
Try to Bend it

Like some one else has posted it is $1.60 a month. I am certain I could find more than $20 in coins under the seat of my car.

You have bought a sh!t load of gear in the classifieds. The money you have saved there alone is probably enough to buy a 3 gold stars, And when it comes right down to it you would never have saved that cash if it were not for RCC. Give back to site that has given so much to you, or just continue to wear the tag of a whinging little bitch.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

i got a star and i am a cheap bastard

love the site
love the info
has gave me much in site in the RC world

this site rocks hands down best place for info
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

So basically what you're saying is you're a troll here..

You feed on any info that is beneficial (oops, wrong word.. I meant free) to you.

You start arguments why you should be (and are) allowed to have all this info for free.

Lastly, you continue to harp to an entire forum of people that you are right (and the only one in your corner I might add) and all of us are looking at it wrong.

If you don't want to buy a star, then don't. Posting up in a thread like this saying that you deserve this info for free, that it is a free site, if it was meant to be a paid service it would be, etc etc etc... That's just asking for a fight, and pretty much reads spot on with the definition of a troll to me. So if you don't wanna pay, great. Go don't pay somewhere else and let the guys that actually enjoy giving back to a site that has helped them countless times have their fun.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

I like RCC so much, I started buying Gold Stars... but mainly for the larger avatars.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
I like RCC so much, I started buying Gold Stars... but mainly for the larger avatars.
I thank you for getting a larger avatar too....
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #108
Try to Bend it

2JSC- I am sure i speak for most in saying thank you for buying a gold star.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #109
Suck it up!

A little bit of philanthropy goes a long ways.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
A little bit of philanthropy goes a long ways.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #111
Suck it up!

Hey, I was nice enough to let DickyT be my testicular tactician, doesn't that count for anything?

I also make shiny metal parts. The world needs shiny metal parts.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Yeah sure.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I thank you for getting a larger avatar too....
Larger--what--what were we talking about
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Really.....

For what? Don't have an option to join a site for free if you want money.. I haven't paid for your site either. Why should I? I get even more options that I don't need or want? Phonebooks aren't free to make either. Do you give them money for giving you a free phonebook?

Besides. How many people said they would leave your site if you made it a paying members only site? Quite a few, and lots of them have been members since the beginning.
Some times I just don't understand you and your logical reasoning because you make no sense.

I will put it simple for you. "you support the site and what it stands for"--thats as simple as it gets. If you don't want to support it then fine--don't--thats as simple as it gets but don't sit here and bitch about it.

As for my site sure people bitched about my decision but guess what--many many many stayed and a bunch of them support my choice and they chose to help me support the site.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
So basically what you're saying is you're a troll here..

You feed on any info that is beneficial (oops, wrong word.. I meant free) to you.

You start arguments why you should be (and are) allowed to have all this info for free.

Lastly, you continue to harp to an entire forum of people that you are right (and the only one in your corner I might add) and all of us are looking at it wrong.
Very perfectly fitting points.

Quote:
LOL I thought you were donated the Gold Stars so we could all lose track of WTF is going on in this trainwreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Some times I just don't understand you and your logical reasoning because you make no sense.
He's a troll, hes here to spread info falsely and try to philibuster topics to make him looks superior when in fact IRL he is a quiet nerd type afraid of the world. Trolls online believe they rule.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So for the guy that has nothing to do with any of the extras, he should still pay? I do not got to comps, I do not watch the videos, It has nothing to do with me. For those of you who feel he should get more money for the things you benefit from, perhaps you should give him more than the minimum due. Think about that. Quit trying to get people that don't use those services to pay for them for you.

It's your right not to have a star, It's our right to offer a little encouragement to the non donators to donate.

I have no issue with anyone not having a star, the site is free after all. My entire issue with what you present comes in the last line of your above post. Why should we quit trying to get people to support the site? If you don't want to fine, but what gives you the right to stiffle the efforts of others that are just trying to help this site grow?

In my eyes what Colquitt did in the original post is on par with the Salvation Santa's. At no point did he say that anyone must donate, he just pointed out a few good reasons to donate. Where is the issue in that?
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Where's Stangkilla already,,,,I want to see he's avatar.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Come on guys don't you see we are all stupid for being paying members. Its all about principal why work or pay for something when you can get it for free? Im seriously thinking about quiting my job and going on well fare. It's free right? I wont have a house payment and there will always be food in my fridge.

God bless America the land of the FREE. (I think this has been taken way out of context by many people)
cave-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
WHO IS SHE!!!!!!!!!!

I just re-newed my subscription a month or 2 ago. 4th or 5th time, so roughly $100 bucks i have sent to RCC. I'm not counting though, it's for a good cause so i don't sweat it. I know how hard these guys bust their ass for us, and frankly speaking, with out RCC, for all i know we would probably still be building TLT comp rigs. The amounts of information and knowledge i have gained off the site are worth lots more in my eyes. And the site itself has expanded our hobby greatly, from big companies turning their heads to the crawling market, to joe schmoe puttin out some kick ass products to us from his house.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
LOL I thought you were donated the Gold Stars so we could all lose track of WTF is going on in this trainwreck.
I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk379 View Post
WHO IS SHE!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't tell ya.