Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gun and knife picture thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #701
Come and take them!®

Default Re: Gun and knife picture thread!

Gotta love Texas.
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #702
Rock Crawler

Sound like the Germans could have used a fjew of those girls on the street new years evening

So you want to assert your medieval views on women on me ? well my muslim friend allow me to introduce you to a 21 century woman,,,,,,, that will blow your brain out
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #703
Quarry Creeper

I picked up my new shotgun today. I went and looked and handled some different guns in my price range, and the 930 was the closest in terms of fit for me. I also got a good price on the two barrel combo setup, about $60 off MSRP and I purchased the lifetime warranty from Bud's also.

As usual, a complete tear down was the first order of business. I completely tore it down, cleaned all the factory goop out of there, lightly lubed what needed it, made sure my gas piston rings were 180 out, de-burred by recoil spring and plunger, and polished the chamber using a bore mop and rod chucked into my cordless drill on low speed, and some JB bore bright. I also put in the .250 drop stock shim as out of the box it was just a tad high for me, and it fits like a glove now. Anxious to go bust some clays Saturday!

From this

To this

18.5" setup

28" setup (have a white bead on order, not crazy about the fiber optic front)
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:10 PM   #704
Pebble Pounder

G23 in alien gear cloak tuck 3.0, XD9 subcompact, psa freedom melonite barrel utg pro super slim hand guard truglo tru brite on Anderson lower and moe stock, psa chf ultralight moe kit magpul mbus pro rear sight on Anderson lower and exos defense ti7 stock
Attached Images

yotapower07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #705
Quarry Creeper

Remington 5r .308, Short Action Customs barrel and action services, Badger rings, rail, drop mag conversion, Timney trigger, Bushnell ERS scope, Harris bipod, and McMillan stock
Attached Images

Last edited by Kev808; 01-15-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Kev808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:25 PM   #706
Quarry Creeper

^^Nice stuff guys!

Figured I'd come back and give an after action report on the new 930.

Got together with some friends to shoot a couple boxes of clay pigeons over the weekend. So I obviously ran the 28" barrel first up. I was shooting cheap wally world Federal 7.5 shot low velocity target ammo. I had one failure to feed in the first few mags, and the gun ran like a champ after that. And with the .250 drop spacer, once I got warmed up, it was dead on for me.

After that I swapped to the 18.5" barrel for some fun. Supposedly the low velocity target ammo is the nemesis of any short barreled gas semi auto. But I'm happy to repot that my 930 will run through mag dumps with the cheap stuff as fast as you can fan the trigger, not one hiccup. I also tested out some of the Fedral flight control 00 buck and was highly impressed with it. Around 1.5" groups at 20yds out of the smoothbore barrel, very impressive.

Full disclosure, my Glock choked on a round too, and that's the first time ever, and I mean EVER. It was also running the cheap Federal red box stuff at the time. Coincidence or ammo QC issues?

The one shell that failed to feed in the 930 had two faint score marks in the plastic that matched the lifter ramps exactly. So when I brought it home I tore it down and my lifter had a couple small raised rough spots left over from machining. So I carefully filed those down to match the rest of the profile of the rails, radiused any sharp corners, then proceeded to polish the whole lifter while I was at it to make reloads quicker and easier and hopefully make feeding smoother as well.

I couldn't be happier overall though. I ran 80 rounds through it and had one issue with cheapo ammo on a brand new not broken in gun. It fits me perfectly also. I've always heard that an ill fitting shotgun is what casues bruising of the shoulder, and my Dad's Benelli always left me black and blue for a couple days. Not that I cared or it hurt mind you, but the 930 doesn't do it, not one mark. Can't wait to go back out!

Lifter all done

And a short vid with the 18.5" barrel and the cheap stuff.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #707
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post
Gotta love Texas.

An do you hear of Bomb threats or anything like that in that area?
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #708
Quarry Creeper

My light mount and Meprolight front bead showed up today, so I got those installed. Took some time to get the bead to index properly, but it's good and the washer I had to add under it works well with the drop shim in the stock with the non vent rib 18.5 barrel. I took the light off my AR, Viking tactics VTAC light mount with a Foursevens Maelstrom. It's weapon rated, 350 lumens OTF, and has seen time on the AR and held up fine, but I may swap it out for a Streamlight TLR in the future though, simply because it's smaller and more streamlined. I have the light programmed for high or strobe, currently set in strobe mode, and the thumb button falls just where it should for me.

Tried to get a shot of Meprolight bead, tough to do, bit it works well.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-01-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Images far too large
Old 01-23-2016, 09:43 PM   #709

USMC CQBP 1911 in 45 ACP

I'm a gunsmith & machinist by trade so I'm just gonna take a big ole dump in this thread, all are guns I've built...
USMCThaxton86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:45 PM   #710

Govt 1911 in 45 ACP built & engraved for Medal of Honor recipient.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #711

At the 2013 Virginia F-Open State Match -Won 2nd place
Badger Ordnance M2008 in 6.5 Lapua Improved
26" Barlien 1-8" twist
AIAX Chassis
Schmidt & Bender 5-25
Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #712

Patriot Ornance AR10 that I rebarreled in .260 for a friend.
Note to anyone willing to read this, don't buy a POF rifle lol
Old 02-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #713
Quarry Creeper

I've been eyeing one of these for a while now, and after an aftermarket part issue rendered the 930 useless on one of our informal skeet shooting days, I ended up shooting a friends that day, a LOT. Turns out, I can still bust birds with it once I adjust to how fast the short barrels swing at the ranges our thrower will toss a bird. I also really enjoyed the mechanical interaction with it vs a SA, and the nostalgia of it for some reason, so I found one at a good deal and snagged it. I did opt for the supreme model with the nice rubber butt pad and screw in chokes, along with nicer furniture. Ran about 50rds through it yesterday before the rain set in, and couldn't be happier with it. And for hunting around here, the brush and laurel are THICK, so it being short and light is a plus, and for overlapping seasons, it's nice since you can run two different types of ammo in each barrel, and choose which one to fire.

I'll break out the good camera for some better pics at some point.

Stoeger coach gun supreme

Found this discreet carry case that works perfect once broken down too, that's an iPhone 4 for size comparison. Great travel gun.

Last edited by hpiguy; 03-01-2016 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Images far far beyond too large
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #714
Rock Crawler

Finished my 80% lower today. Manually drilled the holes. Should have cnc'd them, like I did the rest. Still pretty happy with it, for my first, it came out alright. Gonna get cerakoted but, not sure what color I want, yet. Gonna make a muzzle brake tomorrow, if I have time. Need to design a better hand guard, too.

Last edited by KJ10; 02-24-2016 at 09:14 PM.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:58 PM   #715
Quarry Creeper

Paid to setup a trust today, gotta get it witnessed and notarized next week.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #716
I wanna be Dave

Ruger GP100 .357 with 3" barrel. Home made leather holster.
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 03-01-2016 at 03:17 PM.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #717
I wanna be Dave

Quick holster throw together

Ksh team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #718

I don't usually document to the public what is in my gun safes, but this one was a fun build I may or may not keep.

Went from this

To this in a few hours.

I haven't had a chance to run any brass in it yet
5.56/.223 spikes lower and random parts from Brownells. 20 inch flutter bull barrel and some magpul stuffs, supper smooth custom trigger and still working on the bolt. It fits a little snug but break in might fix most of that

Raising boys into RealMen!!
Cavedave_185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #719
I wanna be Dave

Any lever action guys?

I'm going to order a Rossi 8+1 stainless steel 92 in .44m. I'm not sure why, but I must have one. I'm torn between one of these and a Marlin 1895gbl 45-70. But everyone I've talked to lately says the new Marlins are junk nowadays. Thoughts on a new Marlin?
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #720
Quarry Creeper

I don't own any, but wouldn't mind having a nice lever gun. Something in me just digs the old traditional weapons of days gone by. Also, just my opinion, but for not a lot more money you could buy a Henry.

Tags
fire power!, second amendment