Notices

Thread: Scale Nats cancelled??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #201
Moderator Rule Breaker

Default Re: Scale Nats cancelled??

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Shrink rays aren't even real, much like your awesomeness. Scale hater!
That sig quality.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Frankly, is this even the proper venue to make remarks against the idea of scale competition? If you don't like it, fine. But many of us are scale nuts who also love competition and believe the scale rules do a mighty fine job of providing us a suitable venue for our hobby.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #203
20K Club

Quote:
It's my job to uncover the hidden underlayings that are the facts of this scale conspiracy! My awesomeness cannot be disputed, there are rumors that it will be added to the periodic table in early 2012.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #204
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Damn I missed this chapter!

Norm this is what I mean. A true scale rig (think shrink ray type shit) would not be able to compete with a rig built to win scale comps. The thing is that scale is all about making something look as realistic as you can. As you do that you get closer and closer to the point of making a truck less and less capable.

I will say that someone who thinks it should be about competing and not making them just be more realistic is in reality not the true scale nut ;)

The rules do as good a job as they can but it's just trying to hide the fact that if someone is just truely competitive they can build a cheater truck and have a much better shot at winning then the real hardcore guys that just want their stuff to damn near fool you in pictures.

I completely understand what Josh is saying. I dont want to get off the main topic at hand here but to sum up with Josh is saying that a SCX10 would mop up my blue lux in a heart beat if they went head to head...

Greater scale appearance: Blue lux>scx10
Greater performance: Blue lux < scx10

I guess everyone forgot about the "scale cheater rigs" that people were building to compete with the scale classes a few years back.

The guys have done the best they can with the rules, with any competition guys will try and push the limits of the rules to have a better advantage.

I did attend a scale nats, Ben had a friend of his fund my plane ticket out there because at the time there was nooooo way I could have afforded it, not to mention that once there I wasnt even old to rent a car.

I have shared my opinions with how that event went with people who I feel should here it...All I will say is, that I havent made a real effort to go back and if I were to choose between this and going back to Nats I would go to Nats...and I dont even own a comp rig any more
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #205
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Frankly, is this even the proper venue to make remarks against the idea of scale competition? If you don't like it, fine. But many of us are scale nuts who also love competition and believe the scale rules do a mighty fine job of providing us a suitable venue for our hobby.
I like scale and competing. I enjoy doing the two together like the rest of us. The rules do a fine job of making it a level enough field. However for anyone who's sole goal was to win and didn't care about scale as much as some of us do then they could still have a decent advantage. I was discussing this last night and it was said "just because you can doesn't mean you should". I think most people in scale competing get that, and that's why it still works.

And hell yes this is the place! Derailing threads is most funner and shit.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #206
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I guess everyone forgot about the "scale cheater rigs" that people were building to compete with the scale classes a few years back.

The guys have done the best they can with the rules, with any competition guys will try and push the limits of the rules to have a better advantage.
And that's why the rules were written, to try and prevent those cheater rigs from being in scale comps. Actually, cheater rig isn't really the right term, they all met the rules of the day, they just pushed the limits. With the rules in place now, it more or less ensures that your rig looks scale to a degree.

I definitely agree that some people build for winning concourse, some build for winning comps. There are a few talented folks on here that can do both, but usually a builder compromises one way or the other. In the end, it's their rig, and if they're enjoying it that's what matters
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
It's my job to uncover the hidden underlayings that are the facts of this scale conspiracy! My awesomeness cannot be disputed, there are rumors that it will be added to the periodic table in early 2012.
They've discovered imaginarium?
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #208
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #209
06 Super National Champ

Two words: Pointes West

We had a helluva time years ago with the guys from Scale 4x4 putting on events there.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #210
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
And that's why the rules were written, to try and prevent those cheater rigs from being in scale comps. Actually, cheater rig isn't really the right term, they all met the rules of the day, they just pushed the limits.
I think the rules are ok, but the scale points and how they are used are way out of whack. The difference between a 20 minimum point truck and 40 point truck is just to narrow of a metric. The spread should be more like 20-200.

And I also don't agree with how the points are used to determine total score at the end of the day, but I'll save that for another thread derailment.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Greater scale appearance: Blue lux>scx10
Greater performance: Blue lux < scx10

Well put. I have never entered a "scale comp", been to a couple though. Most of my scale rigs would end up beat to sh-- and not even be able to do the courses with out a hand of god everywhere.

I know.

Maybe do a scale comp class.

And a... if your rig can trick the eye class.

Not many would be in the later choice.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

We had a helluva time years ago with the guys from Scale 4x4 putting on events there.
That was a good time
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #213
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I think the rules are ok, but the scale points and how they are used are way out of whack. The difference between a 20 minimum point truck and 40 point truck is just to narrow of a metric. The spread should be more like 20-200.

And I also don't agree with how the points are used to determine total score at the end of the day, but I'll save that for another thread derailment.
PM me, I'd love to hear your ideas.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #214
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post

Those were great times! No drama at all! Good friends, good food, great crawlers! We had crawling, flying, boats and bashers in one day! And some of the best pictures were taken there for RC Driver! No huge giveaways, no money, no stealing, no fussing....Just great times
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #215
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Those were great times! No drama at all! Good friends, good food, great crawlers! We had crawling, flying, boats and bashers in one day! And some of the best pictures were taken there for RC Driver! No huge giveaways, no money, no stealing, no fussing....Just great times
Do miss that place, been down there twice.

max power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #216
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
They've discovered imaginarium?
Bullshitonium?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #217
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
He not ban.

Take look he got on yesterday.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...moger-2845.htm

Maybe it better for him to stay quiet.
You know why he logged on right?

Because Aaron got banned.

Only thing is now, he cant post as Aaron.

No new post from ginger jew hood rat.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #218
www.team3sixrc.com

I dont know how to copy messages from FB and my cell phone to post here. you would of loved it. sorry.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #219
~THE SCALE SHOP~

print screen button!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #220
www.team3sixrc.com

Well the facebook one from last night is satins little scrimmage. I don't think that can be posted here. I will leave that up to badger.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/354613-scale-nats-cancelled.html
Posted By For Type Date
2012 Scale Nats... - Page 2 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 12-20-2011 05:34 PM

Scale Nats cancelled?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale Nats Video......... BENDER Videos! 29 06-08-2008 07:29 PM
Scale rigs at the Nats 1BadJeepBruiser RC Rock Crawling Worlds 50 08-21-2007 11:22 AM