Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Scale Nats cancelled??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #341
RCC Addict

Good deal. Glad you guys could get stuff worked out to hold it this year. And 6 hours closer may mean we can get more guys to make the road trip. Any idea on cost per class and how many rigs per class yet?

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #342
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Scale Nats cancelled??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Good deal. Glad you guys could get stuff worked out to hold it this year. And 6 hours closer may mean we can get more guys to make the road trip. Any idea on cost per class and how many rigs per class yet?

Not sure about our exact costs yet, but we are trying to keep it in the $45 per class range. I think we are going to cap it at 40 rigs per class plus judges. Judges will get free entry and a free hot lunch (and will have to pass a 2012 SORCCA rules test before they are allowed to judge). I'm 98% sure we are going to have a Boy Scout group up there doing burgers, hotdogs and chili. We will be sure to allow at least 20 entries in each class from states other than Washington and Oregon. I just don't want it to get too out of control....so we'll see what kind of response we get when we open the registration. Not sure when that will be, but we should be able to get our special spot in the competitions section of the forum real soon.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #343
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Not sure about our exact costs yet, but we are trying to keep it in the $45 per class range. I think we are going to cap it at 40 rigs per class plus judges. Judges will get free entry and a free hot lunch (and will have to pass a 2012 SORCCA rules test before they are allowed to judge). I'm 98% sure we are going to have a Boy Scout group up there doing burgers, hotdogs and chili. We will be sure to allow at least 20 entries in each class from states other than Washington and Oregon. I just don't want it to get too out of control....so we'll see what kind of response we get when we open the registration. Not sure when that will be, but we should be able to get our special spot in the competitions section of the forum real soon.
Good deal. With those numbers im sure there will be a car or two from sacramento. Thanks and will keep an eye out for regiatration. I guess ill need to reread the book of rules

fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #344
Donkey Punch Champion!

In thanks room booked.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #345
Pebble Pounder

FYI this is all the parking within a mile of the comp location

I cant think of anywhere close that you could park an RV or travel trailer and camp either.
BBCorvette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #346
Rock Crawler

Im thinking road trip.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #347
Quarry Creeper

Florida to Oregon isn't that far, if only all those states along the mississippi river and rockies weren't all in the way....
speed ghilliesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #348
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed ghilliesniper View Post
Florida to Oregon isn't that far, if only all those states along the mississippi river and rockies weren't all in the way....
Still might be closer than me.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #349
RCC Addict

DTP direct flights into PDX you just have to hop across a small puddle.

Tried to book a room but some guy named Baller had booked the whole place for himself?
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #350
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCorvette18 View Post
FYI this is all the parking within a mile of the comp location

I cant think of anywhere close that you could park an RV or travel trailer and camp either.
Yep, approximately 50 parking spots.

I checked and Battleground Lake State Park is about 10 minutes away, so if someone wants to camp they can. Not sure about RV camping there, and if you stayed there you would need a runaround vehicle to get to and from the comp site. They do have some cabins for $55 a night. Might be fun.

Battle Ground Lake State Park
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #351
Rock Crawler

Portland would be between both sites correct?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #352
RCC Addict

Looks like a good low cost option for people too. They show cabins for $55/night looks like limited facilities though
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #353
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post
Portland would be between both sites correct?
Yes.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #354
Rock Crawler

That would work out perfect then.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #355
Rock Crawler

How is this even a nationals event when there is no series to follow and compete in through out the year... Sounds like its just a scale comp to me... Nothing to suggest a NATIONALS event...

So this year it's a 12 hr drive instead of 15 to get ripped off. All for 12 gates of complete unorganized boredom.. Make sure you have 20 ft of winch line to hang your selves with..

Just call it what it is....a really expensive scale winch fest out in the middle of no where, that anybody can buy their way into... Nothing to do with a Nationals event..

Last edited by DORK VADER; 01-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #356
I wanna be Dave

JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #357
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
How is this even a nationals event when there is no series to follow and compete in through out the year... Sounds like it just a scale comp to me... Nothing to suggest a NATIONALS event...

Unlike the "other" Scale Nats? This will be the ONE event for scale trucks. Kinda like the other, which you did or did not compete in?

So this year it's a 12 hr drive instead of 15 to get ripped off. All for 12 gates of complete unorganized boredom.. Make sure you have 20 ft of winch line to hang your selves with..

The reason this event has moved is due to the previous version being a ripoff. If you aren't interested, please don't make the trip. However, THIS event will be held to a much higher standard. You will have people INVLOLVED who care more about the event than lining their pockets and sending you into their store to spend MORE.

Just call it what it is....a really expensive scale winch fest out in the middle of no where, that anybody can buy their way into... Nothing to do with a Nationals event..
Your just mad you don't have a Quicksand winch huh?
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #358
Rock Crawler

1.Yes I was there, and I'm hurt you didn't notice..

2.Ok...hopefully not a higher price per class... Are you going to start a series for drivers to follow that will lead into a real Nationals event ??

3.Yes...unless all the drama connected with the QS winch is included...

Last edited by DORK VADER; 01-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #359
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
How is this even a nationals event when there is no series to follow and compete in through out the year... Sounds like it just a scale comp to me... Nothing to suggest a NATIONALS event...

Wow, someone had a bad weekend. It's not a Nationals.....its a Championship. There's a big difference . The reason we are doing this is that I want it done right. I know how to put on an event, and with help from the other great club members from the NW, I know I can do it right. True there isn't a series leading up to this competition, but scale competitions are more about fun and getting together with your buddies and seeing who the best driver is. This will draw in the best drivers from around the country (mostly because there aren't many big scale comps to attend). I plan to go a little easier on course design this year......and hopefully it will be dry. Also with 10 gates per course, 4 courses per class, and 3 classes, that's 120 gates not 12 . Hopefully in the future we can have regional series leading up to a championship, but until then just enjoy it for what it is. Would you feel better if I called it the Northwest Scale Jambaroo? I'll change it if it makes you feel better. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yourself in Montana last year, but this one will be better.....I promise. Later, Tim.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #360
I wanna be Dave

QUOTE FROM DORK VADER
Remember all who are complaining... When you assume, you make an ass out of yourselves... and ruin a feeler thread. If you don't like the idea than move on to the next event thread instead of whining this thread to death..

On that note, I don't like driving for hours just to camp next the freeway either, if I wanted that I would go camp out under an overpass in Sac... So with that being said you guy's should change the location JUST FOR MEEEE !!!
Take your own addvice

MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/354613-scale-nats-cancelled.html
Posted By For Type Date
2012 Scale Nats... - Page 2 - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 12-20-2011 05:34 PM

Scale Nats cancelled?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale Nats Video......... BENDER Videos! 29 06-08-2008 07:29 PM
Scale rigs at the Nats 1BadJeepBruiser RC Rock Crawling Worlds 50 08-21-2007 11:22 AM