Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: please read this , I am reaching out !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default please read this , I am reaching out !

This a kind of a long story , I will make it short as I can . I work with a brave little man's father. He came by the house one day. After seeing the rccrawler stickers on my yj , he asked if I was into this stuff. Then what he told me I will never forget. His son is payton thorton (5-year-old Payton Thornton) this a link please google his name and read up.
This little miracle boy has bravley faced and lived through more pain than any one should ever have to see in a life time. He is bound to a power wheels like chair and even the smallest ingury could be beyound ,,,,,
Any way , some one gave him a traxxas rc nitro powered truck . With all the scar tissue in his hands he has a very hard time to control it and it hurts him to play with it. Not being able to do a lot of things every one else takes for granted , this has become his thing, when he is not able to run his truck , he watches videos of rc trucks on line. I thought that was great ! Then his father started to ask me questions about rc trucks. Payton can bearly hold or operate the remote, the nitro truck is soo fast that his dad is scared he will hit himself with is and be in the hospital , or worse.
So I took it upon myself to try to get this brave little guy a truck to meet his needs and be safe for him to have as well as be able to control , with out pain or frustration.
The worlds leader in rc turned us down , cold , a huge name in crawling has picked up the flag , to give him a complete truck , but that has been since before thanksgiving .
I am reaching out to anu one that reads this to help in any way. he likes toyota,jeeps ,and chevy trucks.
Biscuit has donated a dx6I radio that will allow him to run the truck off of one stick
I have a set of clod axles , some wheels , some bodys
I have nothing else , He will need a charger , some large cap. 7.4 packs , we need servo or two , chassis , motors and speed controll , to build him a big slow go anywhere tough clod . if you wish to help or donate anything to his truck build please post up.
in the event that the whole truck shows up , we can get a second reciver so he can have two
thank you for your time.
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: please read this , I am reaching out !

wow 148 reads , and nothing ! The crawlers normally help out . I have axles , some ok wheels ok tires , ok body ,
Does any one have a stock , or after market or home made chassis that will hold clod axles , they would be willing to donate ? Every one is lipo , does any one have a nicad charger they no longer need ? Any traxxas water proof servos ? big stick packs ? I can not afford to do this my self , I simply do not have the money , to do it all my self , Thanks again biscuit for the radio .
Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I think people are very cautious responding to posts like this, especially after this went on:

Special Wanted Ad for Local Kid
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Suck it up!

Yeah...still a little gun shy on the donating thing...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

can a traxas vxl esc and brushless motor work?????
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have a million dollars laying around that i'm not using...just tell me where to sent it(if that will help?)
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Yeah...still a little gun shy on the donating thing...
i feel the same after that crazyness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
I think people are very cautious responding to posts like this, especially after this went on:

Special Wanted Ad for Local Kid
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
wow 148 reads , and nothing ! The crawlers normally help out . I have axles , some ok wheels ok tires , ok body ,
Does any one have a stock , or after market or home made chassis that will hold clod axles , they would be willing to donate ? Every one is lipo , does any one have a nicad charger they no longer need ? Any traxxas water proof servos ? big stick packs ? I can not afford to do this my self , I simply do not have the money , to do it all my self , Thanks again biscuit for the radio .
I think i few people have been alittle shy because so many people got hit so hard and are still waiting on the out come of the past problem...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

If some respected members that support RCC validated Alabamaman and his claims then more people might be inclined to donate. There has been a lot of scum on this site lately.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Can you sell the Traxxas nitro truck to get some funds, or trade it?
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
If some respected members that support RCC validated Alabamaman and his claims then more people might be inclined to donate. There has been a lot of scum on this site lately.
good idea, now that im up to speed on the BS.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

It's terrible that some idiot can take advantage of peoples good nature and ruin it for the people who genuinely want to help someone out.

Quote:
I agree, if someone reputable can verify it's all good than I have some stuff I could spare. Looks promising though, he's been a member for 7 years
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Not to sound like an ass,but Can you prove this with like a video and you and the kid maybe say something good about Rcc maybe your self become a star membe' hate to see people get burned again and again and again..
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I am not sure on the traxxas , I would hope after years of bieng in this sport I would not need any one to speak on my behalf , but ok . AS for the brushless system , that was a awesome offer from you , and thank you. But I was thinking of doing him two traxxas water proof servos and a water proof esc , and two stock motors , His father does not want him to have a fast truck for fear of hitting him , what kind of piece of sh** would use some one like Payton that has been though all of this for some parts of this nature. Never mind I know how people are , and I understand your concerns . I had no knowledge of some on on here doing any sort of scam.
Also looking for advice , on build , can a stock traxxas lx5 water proof esc handle two 23 turn emaxx motors , with out gettting to hot and shutting down ? I can try to trade some of the rc stuff I have left over to get what stuff his truck might need .
Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

when , if we get this truck going , I will have some pics of him with it to post on here . I trully understand everyones concerns , but as of now he still has no idea of what we are trying to do for him . SOme one will see it and speak up for me I am sure . I am anything but shaddy . I wish I had enough junk to get it rolling for him . His dad wanted him to have a safer truck that he could control . The medical bills that go beyound insurrance are staggering.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
X2. I am willing to help but anyone can type what this guy did. Sucks that it has come to this but it is what it is.

If his family is going through hard times, do you think food and clothes might be better then some toys? Just a thought, let us know.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaman View Post
I am not sure on the traxxas , I would hope after years of bieng in this sport I would not need any one to speak on my behalf , but ok . AS for the brushless system , that was a awesome offer from you , and thank you. But I was thinking of doing him two traxxas water proof servos and a water proof esc , and two stock motors , His father does not want him to have a fast truck for fear of hitting him , what kind of piece of sh** would use some one like Payton that has been though all of this for some parts of this nature. Never mind I know how people are , and I understand your concerns . I had no knowledge of some on on here doing any sort of scam.
Also looking for advice , on build , can a stock traxxas lx5 water proof esc handle two 23 turn emaxx motors , with out gettting to hot and shutting down ? I can try to trade some of the rc stuff I have left over to get what stuff his truck might need .
ok you can turn down tha throttle ya know.im gunna trust ya,this is what i got for the lil guy. a tuber traxas servo the esc and motor and some 2.2 tires.can he use this stuff?
Attached Images

Last edited by richardgarrett56; 01-20-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

unfortunatly there has been some real crappy things lately...

I cant remember who it was but, a couple years back, one of the machinist on here built some custom knobs for a stick radio to help a member with hand problems. If anyone can think of who it was, might be a good idea. Sounds like this kid might be in the same boat. They were basically big nurled shifter knobs so he didnt have to grab a small stick.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
... a couple years back, one of the machinist on here built some custom knobs for a stick radio to help a member with hand problems. If anyone can think of who it was, might be a good idea..
Someone With a Lathe
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Wow for the doubters here, Alabamaman (Jay) has been a member on here since 2004 a lot longer than alot of the smartbutts that have some negative things to say. And to be honest alot of you other crawlers that have been to LRC have actually met Jay and comped with him. Also here ya go for Jays crediability, Try Austin Dunn AKA Gatekeeper he is a close friend of Jays as well as Biscuit, myself,and a fewhundred more localy that will stand up for him in a minute!.

If asking for help requires a star then by all means use mine and if in doubt please feel free to check my feedback here as well as Helifreak.com, RCtech.net, ebay.

Jay is and has been a standup guy that would give you something you need in a heartbeat without asking for money first and he would never ask or dog you to be paid.

This is really a disappointment that our community has dropped the ball for a good guy and a good cause because of a few peoples comments who wasnt even involved in the other incidents as well as the one new guy that wasnt even a member at the time. Special thanks to RichardGarrett56 for standing up !!!!
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
Who's your Daddy-0!

I've done deals with Jay also. Always a stand up guy
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote

please read this , I am reaching out ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please read. Kamikaze Chit Chat 189 06-23-2009 02:54 AM
read read read hardhead Chit Chat 11 09-04-2008 11:34 AM
Just read it. Crawlsalot Chit Chat 9 05-26-2006 03:22 PM
Scale Clod? Project reaching finish Pictures RandyatBBY Tamiya Clod Buster 11 10-23-2004 08:23 PM