Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Job Interview help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
Defy Gravity

Default Re: Job Interview help.

it had been a long time for me as well. last interview was in college, and i may or may not have been drunk. also a lot different than applying for something like a summer internship. this was way less intense, i'm sure that the meeting with the hiring company will make me sweat a bit, but its not something you can mess up on at all. this was just 30 minutes of discussion really, i did exactly what i do playing league darts, stepped up to the line and threw my skills out there. the tardiness thing showed up (of course), and i've always been the "on time is 10 minutes late type". hell or high water i'll make it there, if i have to leave at 5 and drive through a white out, its nothing new to me there.

to summarize, confident, but still hoping the interview with the hiring company goes well.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 12-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
Defy Gravity

i got it! orientation tomorrow and start thursday morning!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

"...yeah the waiting is the hardest part..."
Apologies to Tom Petty

Just read the whole post, good info by all. Sometimes in just comes down to a gut feeling by the interviewer. I sat in on an interview for a guy that was going to be working with me, my boss said he was going to hire him anyways, just seeing how we hit it off.

Hope it turns out well for you!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #44
Defy Gravity

well, i'm hoping this all goes well. i'm a bit in the sky now knowing that i got the one opening, but i know that come thursday, its game face time. i'm there to do the best job i can, and also to learn as much as i can while doing it. but for today, i'm happy with being off the wall happy
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
well, i'm hoping this all goes well. i'm a bit in the sky now knowing that i got the one opening, but i know that come thursday, its game face time. i'm there to do the best job i can, and also to learn as much as i can while doing it. but for today, i'm happy with being off the wall happy
Congrats man
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
Defy Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
Congrats man
thanks man! and again, thank you to all of the people that gave some stellar advice in this thread
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Fake boobs for the win!
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

congrats!
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #49
Defy Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Fake boobs for the win!
didn't even have to whip out the fakeys for this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
congrats!
thanks again, once i get the name of the hr head at the actual hiring company, i will be sending letter out
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Nice!

I worked for a medical device startup for 4 years, worst interview of my life. Luckily for me a guy I met in school worked there and told them that I was the smartest guy in our class and that got me the job. It was a great job, I bet you will have some great extras while working there. We had a stocked kitchen, free food brought in all the time, they took us to sports games, all kinds of cool stuff. The downside is that they expect a lot from you but if you arent afraid to work hard then you will be good to go.

Worst question they asked:
What are some similarities between a Duck and a Refrigerator?

Wow, seriously? A good minute of awkward silence and I told them that I would have to get back to them on that one. It was about a good hour of interviews with a bunch of different groups of people but they hired me on the spot. Employee number 10 but unfortunately with startups it can all come crashing down very quickly.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #51
Defy Gravity

update:

first day of work today, typical safety brief followed by ESD procedures. this is not a startup company like i was told at the temp agency. this is an established company that knows exactly how to make a very quality product.

spent the morning doing test joints, a little different equipment than i'm used to, but feeling good about that by lunch. after lunch, get pulled aside by the head of the soldering department for a tour. tons of very interesting stuff i never thought i would see in real life, i make note of my enthusiasm for the menial tasks most people hate. spend the rest of the day on the hand assembly line placing components for later wave soldering. i get paired up with a very nice girl around my age, the day goes quickly while i have a blast placing resistors and leds (yes. i am that boring.).

all in all, the first day was a lot of hand holding like one would expect, but i also enjoyed every second. apparently, this company plays "jump man" to find the best fit for each employee, i have no problem with that at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Congrats, I hope it works well for you.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

Job Interview help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't sleep, job interview tomorrow calikingcrawler Chit Chat 24 06-07-2012 09:05 PM
Job Interview! chops1sc Chit Chat 1 01-13-2010 05:26 PM
Job interview in the morning soundcolor Chit Chat 15 08-12-2009 11:47 AM