Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #201
dnf

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I have absolutely no problem with your kid having access to and shooting guns so long as he has been trained and is well aware of what they are capable of, which it sounds like he is. I have a problem with the chance of someone who isn't trained or capable having that same access.

Say someone comes into your house when you aren't there, takes those guns you've got laying around, and robs/kills someone you know, or maybe they even hang around and wait for you to come home.
If they want my guns and ammo they will get it.....I cant stop it

"all a lock does, is keep an honnest man honest"

they can take the entire cabinet, and open it later

if someone breaks into your house, and your pit gets out, is it your fault?
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Ric View Post
Hell Yea
This is what i was saying earlier about the media and brain washing.

To me i see this as a guy insecure to the point of crazy, yet rather than what i'd consider the usual reply (i.e. seek a mental health expert) instead he's encouraged.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but as a guy who's travelled the world and has never once in his civilian life carried a concealed weapon.

It just seems crazy to me that a person could be THAT insecure that they wouldn't go anywhere unless they had a gun with them.

It's like basing your life and restricting the movements of you and your family for a 1 in a million chance that you might be frightened.
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #203
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
If they want my guns and ammo they will get it.....I cant stop it

"all a lock does, is keep an honnest man honest"

they can take the entire cabinet, and open it later
Bullshit.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #204
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Ric View Post
I do NOT live in Europe, so I dont care what their laws are, and I dont plan on EVER even visiting
The point is if gun sales are restricted it DOES prevent criminals getting them.
Sure a determined crim could probably find a gun with a few bullets, but for most that'd be extremely difficult.

A semi automatic assault rifle, no way jose.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #205
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Mate I never mentioned anything about banning anything.

My question was about gun being locked in gun safes when at home.

Quick question though, do you support legalising ALL weapons, AAA, fully automatic, grenade launchers etc?
yes, IMO its a ban on its being out of not in use.....

the weapons you mention, they are legal now, so yes I continue to support that.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #206
Suck it up!

Quote:
The point is if gun sales are restricted it DOES prevent criminals getting them.
Sure a determined crim could probably find a gun with a few bullets, but for most that'd be extremely difficult.

A semi automatic assault rifle, no way jose.
But they have to be SEVERELY restricted, almost to the point of banning them entirely. That is not what we want.

Plus our close proximity to Mexico means that we can ban all guns sales nationwide and they will still come across the border and be available to anyone who wants one.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I was sshooting grade on a job in denton tx they day the bomb went of in OK. I felt the ground shake under my feet.
it was about an hr later when we herd the news, that we realized what we felt that day......
its a real threat, its not hard, and if one means for a killer is to difficult to aquire, they will find another source for thier distruction.

Its a vilide remark, dont diregard.
Speaking as a person whose job revolves around explosives and explosive detection i can say in my professional opinion and experience you are wrong.

Constructing a bomb of any kind is difficult, constructing one that works and works as it should is extremely difficult.

It would need months if not years of planning, reading testing and stock piling.

As many of the components are on watch lists he would have had to have been extremely cunning, intelligent and deceitful to create such a device.

FACTS are though he used guns.
Could have, would have, should have are all pointless, it's HE DID what we are talking about and ways to possibly prevent something like this from happening again.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #208
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Come on.
We are having a reasonable chat here between what i thought were reasonable adults.

Even the most staunch gun supporter can see that if guns are locked away many of these tragedy's would be prevented in the future.

No matter what CSI you've been watching says making a fert bomb is extremely difficult as is getting hold of the supplies.

If my kids in a school thats about to be attacked by this kid i'd happily take my chances with fire as opposed to a semi automatic assault rifle, as i'm sure any sane person would.
I can buy ammonium nitrate on Amazon for christ sake. I can buy all the diesel fuel I want. Guess what ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel equal, ANFO. Gee I am sure a detononation device could not be figured out.

You also talk about "locked up" and safes like they are some impenetrable fortress. Guys on other sites have had break ins with stolen safes and even safes that have been broken into in their home. Vehicle safes that have been broken into or ripped completely out of the vehicle. Immediate family members in the same household often know the safe combos or know where to find them. I am sure I can't get into a safe with the full machine shop I have access to.

Gotta love the antis, they always have the answers. But in reality they do not know jack.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #209
dnf

Quote:
This is what i was saying earlier about the media and brain washing.

To me i see this as a guy insecure to the point of crazy, yet rather than what i'd consider the usual reply (i.e. seek a mental health expert) instead he's encouraged.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but as a guy who's travelled the world and has never once in his civilian life carried a concealed weapon.

It just seems crazy to me that a person could be THAT insecure that they wouldn't go anywhere unless they had a gun with them.

It's like basing your life and restricting the movements of you and your family for a 1 in a million chance that you might be frightened.
well I dont know how many "hairy" situations you have been in, but I have been in several.

I have had weapons pulled on me before, and I have pulled them before.

I searched///looked the uk gets contrabands weapons all teh time
russia, iran, izreal....I figured as much

guns are readily available for anyone with cash, and ill entent.
and with stricter laws like yours, come the invention of weapons like the cell phone gun....thanks..

Last edited by rock hard; 12-18-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

Bottom line if someone wants to do harm, they will. Whether it be a rifle, knife, broken bottle, brick or handful of rocks to stone someone. And not the good kinda stoned either.

People do it, people with a history of instability should be more closely watched. Especially in the vicinity of the aforementioned tools of violence.

But the simple fact that some are placing a soap box on top of kids' graves to further their agenda is the disgusting part.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #211
dnf

Quote:
Speaking as a person whose job revolves around explosives and explosive detection i can say in my professional opinion and experience you are wrong.

Constructing a bomb of any kind is difficult, constructing one that works and works as it should is extremely difficult.

It would need months if not years of planning, reading testing and stock piling.

As many of the components are on watch lists he would have had to have been extremely cunning, intelligent and deceitful to create such a device.

FACTS are though he used guns.
Could have, would have, should have are all pointless, it's HE DID what we are talking about and ways to possibly prevent something like this from happening again.
I was there, I lived it.( though not as close as others )...look up the oklahoma federal building.....
it was not a sufisticated device.....it was devestaing though.

attackek children too ( I guess maybe that was the 1st time kids had been targeted like this )?
at least the 1st time I can recall

Last edited by rock hard; 12-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yes, IMO its a ban on its being out of not in use.....

the weapons you mention, they are legal now, so yes I continue to support that.
I'm sorry mate but i refuse to continue discussing this with you any more.

Anyone who believes all firearms should be unrestricted has opinions just to far from my own to make any discussion on the subject pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
But they have to be SEVERELY restricted, almost to the point of banning them entirely. That is not what we want.

Plus our close proximity to Mexico means that we can ban all guns sales nationwide and they will still come across the border and be available to anyone who wants one.

Not my intention of suggestion to ban anything, my suggestion was control of licensing, having to have a gun safe to get a license and the police coming to your home to check the security and safe before issuing a license for said weapon.

My post was just a response.

With regards the Mexico and guns, it's actually the other way around.
Mexican gangs import thousands of guns yearly from the US as Texas has extremely loose gun laws compared to Mexico.

I watched a documentary where the Mexican police followed the history of seized guns used in crimes and over 90% were bought from the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
I can buy ammonium nitrate on Amazon for christ sake. I can buy all the diesel fuel I want. Guess what ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel equal, ANFO. Gee I am sure a detononation device could not be figured out.
Roll your eyes as much as you want, the reality is you have absolutely no idea what your talking about other than you've seen on TV.

I am talking from personal experience that it's not that easy.

Ohhh and try ordering enough supplies from Amazon to build a bomb and the knock at the door won't be the delivery man it's be the feds ;)

Quote:
You also talk about "locked up" and safes like they are some impenetrable fortress. Guys on other sites have had break ins with stolen safes and even safes that have been broken into in their home. Vehicle safes that have been broken into or ripped completely out of the vehicle. Immediate family members in the same household often know the safe combos or know where to find them.
Again where is your logic?

If crims break into 100 houses without safes and guns loose, how many guns will they get = 100

If crims break into 100 homes WITH safes how many guns do you think they'll get = 10?

Just as a point of reference 10 crims with guns is better than 100 crims with gun.

Fact is though in this particular case if the guns were locked up and parents were responsible gun owners we probably wouldn't be having this chat.

Quote:
Gotta love the antis, they always have the answers. But in reality they do not know jack.
Who's anti?

I'm not suggesting banning anything or anti anything.

I shoot and hunt and enjoy it.

I would just prefer to shoot and hunt knowing it's not at the expense of kids lives in the future.

If folks can't act responsibly with guns, which it's obvious they can't then SOMETHING needs to be done.
As doing nothing will just see history repeated again and again and again.

Is that what you want to see, more of these tragedy's, just because folks go stark raving crazy once you talk about having gun safes?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #213
I wanna be Dave

There is nothing wrong with semi auto rifles.
Doing away with being able to go buy a new M4 fixes nothing.
Guns do not shoot themselves.
Dumb ASS people are the problem.

Some people do not have a clue.
I shot a pistol match a couple of weeks ago in 2 different classes with 2 different pistols.
One that holds 17plus 1 and the other was a single stack STI 1911 that holds 10plus 1.
there was 4 courses of fire for the day and each course I had a extra reload with the single stack and was only a couple seconds slower for the day total.
Reloads are not that hard or slow so what the hell does limiting round count accomplish?

Next I keep seeing people say that a AR15/M4 is not good for hunting.
Can someone tell me why the hell not.
They are damn accurate from in your face targets to several hundred yards and they have plenty of knock down power in 5.56/223 to take all sorts of small game and in my state legal to take deer.Then you can swap uppers to say my 450 upper and take any game that walks on earth.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #214
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Bottom line if someone wants to do harm, they will. Whether it be a rifle, knife, broken bottle, brick or handful of rocks to stone someone. And not the good kinda stoned either.
Completely agree

So shouldn't we as a society try and at least LIMIT the amount of harm these people can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
People do it, people with a history of instability should be more closely watched. Especially in the vicinity of the aforementioned tools of violence.

But the simple fact that some are placing a soap box on top of kids' graves to further their agenda is the disgusting part.
Don't see anyone on a soap box meself, just people trying to come to terms with it and some discussing the best ways to prevent it happening again.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #215
Old guy

I think we should start spanking our kids when they need a little spat.
We need to start keeping score in Teeball.
Make kids responsible for their actions.
Teach them nothing is free you have to work for it.

I still think Mental Health is the fix and everyone knowing the signs. More talk less drugs.
If people hear some body talking about doing something crazy, people need to tell some body.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
There is nothing wrong with semi auto rifles.
Doing away with being able to go buy a new M4 fixes nothing.
Guns do not shoot themselves.
Dumb ASS people are the problem.
Point i'm making i if said dumb ass people didn't have access to said M4's a LOT more kids would have made it home that night
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #217
dnf

Quote:
I'm sorry mate but i refuse to continue discussing this with you any more.

Anyone who believes all firearms should be unrestricted has opinions just to far from my own to make any discussion on the subject pointless.
your inability to swalloow the truth is frsutrating, yet I deal with it.

here is a final edjucation for you

1st off
full auto weapns are legal here is the usa, yu must pass extensive background
and relenquish some of your search andf seizer rights

knob creek machine gun shoot - Bing Videos

the oklahoma city bombing was not a delicat/difficult device.
at least not for a person with motive and intent.

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

guns are obtainable in england...sorry, but you simply cant stop criminals
all your loaws did was stop the honest

Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you | UK news | The Guardian

gun controle facts ( info/data gathered mostley from the clinton era )
GUN CONTROL FACT-SHEET (2004) - Gun Owners of America

Last edited by rock hard; 12-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Point i'm making i if said dumb ass people didn't have access to said M4's a LOT more kids would have made it home that night
How can you say that?
That situation could have ended the same with about any firearm.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #219
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Roll your eyes as much as you want, the reality is you have absolutely no idea what your talking about other than you've seen on TV.

I am talking from personal experience that it's not that easy.

Ohhh and try ordering enough supplies from Amazon to build a bomb and the knock at the door won't be the delivery man it's be the feds ;)
We use roughly 8,000,000,000 lbs of explosives in the US every year even if you can't make it you can get it one way or another. BTW I used amazon as an example there are so many sources it is not even funny. Again the US is not Europe.(thank god for that) Those exploding gun targets (tannerite) that I am sure your masters in Europe don't allow you to have we can get those all over. The components for tannerite are legal to buy. And I know exactly what "personal experience" you claim to have. LOL.

Last edited by dkf; 12-18-2012 at 08:46 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

All this crap is ridiculous.
Next someone is going to say razors cause to many cuts when shaving so we need to ban them and all look like the guys on Duck Dynasty instead of learning to shave.

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM