Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #301
Suck it up!

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
Those of you on the whole "something has to be done" bandwagon are pawns in the chess game. People are so gullible and predictable...
Do you not think that certain people should be restricted or prevented access to weaponry? To me, that is something that has to be done...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #302
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
I spelled it correctly for you
Thanks!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #303
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Problem is the NRA have brainwashed folks into believing they NEED a gun and to be without one is "un American"
You have no clue what you're talking about when you make such a statement about the NRA !!! They don't brainwash folks into believing they NEED a gun, they fight for our rights as garanteed by our 2nd Amendment to own one!
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #304
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Do you not think that certain people should be restricted or prevented access to weaponry? To me, that is something that has to be done...
They already are.
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #305
RCC Addict

Quote:
Without question this can be improved. The issue is they want to take away and change what is available. I have yet to hear the Politicians make any comment on better back ground checks.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #306
RCC Addict

Quote:
They already are.
Yes, you have to have a license and have a background check to own a firearm. A convicted felon cannot own a firearm. In Illinois anyways.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #307
RCC Addict

I live in California one of the most difficult states to obtain weapons. If anyone has filled out a Purchase form for a gun here knows what I mean. It is a joke really the questions they ask. Are you a Felon ? Do you have mental illness ? Are you a illegal resident ? And so on.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #308
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Yes, you have to have a license and have a background check to own a firearm. A convicted felon cannot own a firearm. In Illinois anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
I live in California one of the most difficult states to obtain weapons. If anyone has filled out a Purchase form for a gun here knows what I mean. It is a joke really the questions they ask. Are you a Felon ? Do you have mental illness ? Are you a illegal resident ? And so on.
then what's the next step if questionnaire is not working?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #309
Suck it up!

Quote:
They already are.
True, but apparently not well enough. No sane, sober person has ever gone anywhere and started shooting the place up. Ever. Yet most of the time they can still legal purchase and own firearms. To me, that is the problem here.

If you can't pass the test you can't legally drive a car. If you get caught using that car under the influence of some sort of substance, you can no longer legally drive.

What exam do you have to pass to simply own a firearm? What training is required? What penalties are there if you are in possession of a firearm while intoxicated?

Automotive related deaths are about on par with gun related deaths (homicide, suicide, and accidental) per year, but there are far, far more vehicles in use in the public per day.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #310
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
then what's the next step if questionnaire is not working?
Prevent psycho retarded crazy homicidal people from having children and eventually, they will be no more.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #311
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Prevent psycho retarded crazy homicidal people from having children and eventually, they will be no more.
You can't breed out insanity.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #312
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
True, but apparently not well enough. No sane, sober person has ever gone anywhere and started shooting the place up. Ever. Yet most of the time they can still legal purchase and own firearms. To me, that is the problem here.

If you can't pass the test you can't legally drive a car. If you get caught using that car under the influence of some sort of substance, you can no longer legally drive.

What exam do you have to pass to simply own a firearm? What training is required? What penalties are there if you are in possession of a firearm while intoxicated?

Automotive related deaths are about on par with gun related deaths (homicide, suicide, and accidental) per year, but there are far, far more vehicles in use in the public per day.
Your point is flawed b/c the legal gun owners aren't the ones causing the problems. Seems like what we already have in place IS working.

Again, there is no law that can be written to keep lawbreakers from breaking the laws.

Unless and until someone can make bad people become good people and completely find a way to do away with crime, there will never be an answer to "something has to be done."
Old 12-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #313
RCC Addict

I just want to state. It is not the Gun or the type of Gun that did this Horrible act. It is the person behind it. You don't blame the nail for the house falling down.
I do feel that a better screening of individuals is needed. Also the owners should be able to show that they know and can operate the tool to a required level. I would even go as far as proper security and storage of said weapons.
If you are controlling your weapons and secure them when not in use. Then I would also consider getting penalized if someone obtained one of my weapons and did bodily injury to someone.
I think the discussion must be open for sure on all matters. But, taking away types of weapons is obsurd.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #314

Breeding just makes it worse. The government wants our guns badly look at Hitler, they want they so they can fully rape us. Look up "democide" governments ate the biggest murders.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM
alpimax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #315
Suck it up!

Quote:
Your point is flawed b/c the legal gun owners aren't the ones causing the problems. Seems like what we already have in place IS working.
I understand that perfectly, but a legal gun owner is not the same as a responsible gun owner. There is nothing in place to ensure that the person buying a firearm, while not a felon or nutter, is not just a block headed irresponsible dumbass.

Here in Arkansas I can buy and own any gun on the market without license, training, or registration. As long as I am over 18, not a felon, have not been officially deemed mentally defective, or involuntarily admitted to a mental institution, I am good to go. Does that really seem like a good thing?

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 12-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #316
RCC Addict

Quote:
You can't breed out insanity.
Ding Ding!

There will always be crazies.
Will we ever look at the root problem? (most people are discontent.)
When I have all I need I am content (in general.)
The more I have to struggle the more discontent I am.
When I am dicontent & effed with is when I react poorly.
People are in a state of fear, confusion, & discontent.
Well what do you know more people are going over the edge of sanity.
This civilization is breaking down. People always go nuts when where they live turns to $hi#.
Rome is burning & we get to watch.
Live free or die
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #317
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post

Problem is the NRA have brainwashed folks into believing they NEED a gun and to be without one is "un American"
UnAmerican you say. Its our right!!!!!!!!! Don't talk about what you don't understand. How dare you say we are being selfish about it. We were raised with the belief and constitutional right to have the arms that we have.

If some guy wants to have a 1000 Horsepower super car that goes 210MPH, who is there to say he can't have one?? Its his right! Does he need one? Nope. Does he want one?? Yep! Why is that? Because he can!

Because HE HAS THE RIGHT TO!!

Our country was founded on God and Guns. When God and Guns are gone, our country will fail. That is why we are standing up and fighting for the only thing we have left!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #318

If the school was like this, http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html that Manchurian candidate would of been taken down
alpimax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #319
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I understand that perfectly, but a legal gun owner is not the same as a responsible gun owner. There is nothing in place to ensure that the person buying a firearm, while not a felon or nutter, is not just a block headed irresponsible dumbass.

Here in Arkansas I can buy and own any gun on the market without license, training, or registration. As long as I am over 18, not a felon, have not been officially deemed mentally defective, or involuntarily admitted to a mental institution, I am good to go. Does that really seem like a good thing?
Well, once you get that crystal ball dialed in to foresee what someone's mental status is/ or will be in the future, let us know, but until then, you are just chasing your tail with what-ifs with no possible resolution.

The people that legally own weapons are NOT the problem. I'm beginning to have to repeat myself.

It is so painful to me to have to point out the obvious. If someone is planning to do harm, they aren't going to legally purchase a weapon with a paper trail that leads back to them. Come on, guys.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #320
Scale Detail Engineering

I think you like to repeat yourself because everyone is saying the same thing but you seem to believe you are the only one that is correct.

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM