Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell?

"it's just a ride" -Bill Hicks.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

He was a very clever man. What a way with words.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

mawahaha. people do wrong and live a hard life... or should behind bars. not my job. people do good and should live a easy life.. still doesn't happen to the best of us. im not religious nor atheist. I am who I am. IMHO do what you want. sometimes... you will feel bad or sick about your bad decisions. hey that's you..

oh... so religion is something you have faith in or believe in? I believe in drifting and rock crawling, cant be a religion.

is religion something you know or live? I live as a mechanic and know some things about drifting and rock crawling.

words are words as are beliefs, as are feelings, as are human beings. I may be rambling.. but deep down someone might see the same chit I do.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:40 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Coming from a family that went to church every Wednesday night and Sunday, I'd have to say I was raised Southern Baptist, but was never forced to attend church, I accepted it as the "in" thing to do because all the kids I knew went to church. Plus there were a lot of hot girls I had crushes on that went, and it was a fun time learning about the bible, a man named Jesus, and his father. Good times. Learned a lot about what we should do to lead a good, productive life. Thought I found Jesus when I was 15 or 16 while at a Billy Grahm (sp?) get together and was Baptized soon after. Life was good.

Then I grew up. Sorry, I don't believe anymore. I don't attend church, I don't pray, I don't care. Life has a way of making you grow up. And no amount of praying and faith can change that. There is nothing to look forward to but closing your eyes and slipping into nothingness. Can I prove this? No, but with no one to talk to that has truly died, no one can disprove this. But in my opinion, that is truly heaven, no pain, no remorse, no anger, doubt, sadness, happiness, guilt, shyness, fear or emotions. Sorry, we are all in a race to die. Some finish before others, but the race is never ending. Will there be disappointment when we find out there are no pearly gates or 72 virgins, or whatever else any other religion promises? No. We won't give a damn at all. It's death, I'm sure we will get over it.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Si Seņor, Creo. I'm not the most christian christian, but he's there. I have had encounters and I know 110% he's there.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #87
Pebble Pounder

What gets me is the church around the corner is full of women dressed like sIuts.
The school that it is part of, has sIutty mums parking where they want and driving
arrogantly.

Ironically for people being so "christian" they seem very selfish.The 1million dollar
add on to the school doesn't help.Mean while the kids in the government schools struggle.

It all seems kind of wrong.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sorry, we are all in a race to die.
so no matter what, we all WILL lose....now I know what that lost cause saying now means ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #89
Scale Detail Engineering

I came up with a theory a few months ago while discussing some of my dislikes for organized religion and the way women are treated/portrayed in them:

Considering that many of the original religions from around the world were focused on female deities and priestess... which gave women a place of power, I belive that the middle eastern Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) were created as a way for men to have power over women/take power away from women.

Consider the spread of Christianity... they destroyed/converted all the Pagan religions and burned priestess as witches... and then put men (priest) in charge.

I mean, come on... the origin story in the Bible immediately cast women as evil temptresses that corrupt men. Thus, bringing on punishment for all of eternity.

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." - Marcus Aurelius
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #91
RCC Addict

I know you don't have to believe something for it to be true.

Never assume you know it be true or not. Thats why we have words like "believe", and "faith".

We all have "free will". Thats why bad things happen to good people. God didnt do it, people did.

Follow the word, not the follower,

and never think you know more than God.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
I know you don't have to believe something for it to be true.

Never assume you know it be true or not. Thats why we have words like "believe", and "faith".

We all have "free will". Thats why bad things happen to good people. God didnt do it, people did.

Follow the word, not the follower,

and never think you know more than God.
Been drinkin again Karl?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Been drinkin again Karl?
Apparently. That quote from the usual suspects pretty well sums up a good bit of scripture. To paraphrase, the greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the world he didnt exist.

So we should have faith and belief in god and anyone or anything that says he doesnt exist is a message from the devil. Smells like a sweet con job to me that has killed more people than any disease or plague and made millions of people hand over billions if not trillions of dollars.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1 View Post
Coming from a family that went to church every Wednesday night and Sunday, I'd have to say I was raised Southern Baptist, but was never forced to attend church, I accepted it as the "in" thing to do because all the kids I knew went to church. Plus there were a lot of hot girls I had crushes on that went, and it was a fun time learning about the bible, a man named Jesus, and his father. Good times. Learned a lot about what we should do to lead a good, productive life. Thought I found Jesus when I was 15 or 16 while at a Billy Grahm (sp?) get together and was Baptized soon after. Life was good.

Then I grew up. Sorry, I don't believe anymore. I don't attend church, I don't pray, I don't care. Life has a way of making you grow up. And no amount of praying and faith can change that. There is nothing to look forward to but closing your eyes and slipping into nothingness. Can I prove this? No, but with no one to talk to that has truly died, no one can disprove this. But in my opinion, that is truly heaven, no pain, no remorse, no anger, doubt, sadness, happiness, guilt, shyness, fear or emotions. Sorry, we are all in a race to die. Some finish before others, but the race is never ending. Will there be disappointment when we find out there are no pearly gates or 72 virgins, or whatever else any other religion promises? No. We won't give a damn at all. It's death, I'm sure we will get over it.

I grew up in much the same way aside from a non-denominational church and I was forced to go. Not in an abusive way, but come on when youre in grade school your parents pretty much have the say so.

I think this brings up an interesting thought though. Id love to see some statistics on how many people that were raised in a strict christian upbringing from birth until 18-20 still follow that lifestyle. As Ive gotten older and through my personal experiences it seems to me there are a lot of folks 30+ that had zero religious upbringing and fall on religion later in life just because of becoming overwhelmed by life problems.

That ratio would be interesting to see.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 03-05-2014 at 04:04 PM.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

seems to me there are a lot of folks 30+ that had zero religious upbringing and fall on religion later in life just because of becoming overwhelmed by life problems.

That ratio would be interesting to see.
This is me. My dad died when I was 5 and my step dad died when I was 17, so I was FTW why me, theres no God.

I was baptised as a Baptists but never went back to church after I was 8.

My wife is Catholic, and now that I'm in my mid 40's with 2 kids. I've been going to Catholic church for the last 4 years.

I can honestly say it has changed my life. Most of my hate and anger is a lot mellower these days. I has taught me to be more respectful and nicer to others. But I still have a problem with all the money, every Sunday the Church is always preaching about needing money for some organization or another.
59sled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #96
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
I can honestly say it has changed my life. Most of my hate and anger is a lot mellower these days. I has taught me to be more respectful and nicer to others.
God is good for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
But I still have a problem with all the money, every Sunday the Church is always preaching about needing money for some organization or another.
Religion is good for that.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Hey if youre going to church to get you through life, great. By all means there are worse crutches.

Thats fine but it doesnt make religion any less ridiculous. Only when it makes people want to start wars or inflict society with it does it become a problem, at least for me.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 03-05-2014 at 06:35 PM.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

To me I don't really care how Jesus and God got here. To each there own on their religious beliefs, I am not going to tell anyone that theres is right or wrong.
It's more about just having some kind of faith.
59sled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

I have faith, that one day I will die and truly not give a damn about anything. But Honestly the Idea of Mister Rodgers and Freddy Kruger fighting over my soul really died a long time ago.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Apparently. That quote from the usual suspects pretty well sums up a good bit of scripture. To paraphrase, the greatest trick the devil ever played was to convince the world he didnt exist.

So we should have faith and belief in god and anyone or anything that says he doesnt exist is a message from the devil. Smells like a sweet con job to me that has killed more people than any disease or plague and made millions of people hand over billions if not trillions of dollars.

Sounds like the con is working perfect. Good job proving it
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Do you believe in God,Heaven or Hell? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heaven or Hell? ToddG General Crawlers 10 03-05-2012 11:58 AM
Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 29 06-28-2011 05:14 PM
Rock Heaven Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 9 08-19-2006 08:53 PM
God giveth god taketh away lodikrawlingkiller Chit Chat 9 04-27-2005 01:20 PM