Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat
Loading

Notices

Thread: PC Sim Racing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #1481
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah i was hoping for some info on what some items do too.

to remap a button that already has something. hit "clear" on the conflicting control, then map the button you want. you may even have to clear the pause on a different device. like keyboard first.

i hate the blame/question the driver, as it works fine in the 16 other games on steam.
I can clear the button, but I can't tie the handbrake to it for some reason. I'm lost. I should write an email to Codemasters and then hole my breath.

I understand that, but sometimes drivers and games don't play nicely together and have weird glitches that don't exist anywhere else.

Could you do a screen recording and show me what you mean? If you give me the car, stage, etc I'd try to recreate it on my screen.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2019, 12:17 PM   #1482
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

yeah ill try to do that tonight.

did some research and found the fix for your handbrake issue
























https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-ra...rake-v1-5.html
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #1483
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 480
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

I know that Nvidia releases new drivers constantly. Especially when new AAA titles are coming out. I have no idea about other vendors.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #1484
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

im on a poverty AMD
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:12 PM   #1485
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 480
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

It could be the GPU driver, but it's rare. I'm running Nvidia drivers from a LONG time ago. As that's the best performing drivers I've had for VR. I do need to update though, as there are some new driver related features I'm now missing out on. Have you calibrated your brightness in game? Or does it have a gamma correction option in game?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #1486
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

i did try playing with the in game brightness slider. (no gamma, but essentially the same)
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #1487
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah ill try to do that tonight.

did some research and found the fix for your handbrake issue

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-ra...rake-v1-5.html
Haha! Funny guy! Just let me drill holes in my wooden computer desk to mount it.

If I ever get a sim rig I'll have a handbrake for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
It could be the GPU driver, but it's rare. I'm running Nvidia drivers from a LONG time ago. As that's the best performing drivers I've had for VR. I do need to update though, as there are some new driver related features I'm now missing out on. Have you calibrated your brightness in game? Or does it have a gamma correction option in game?
I agree - it's rare. But I have had two or three occasions where updating the GPU driver fixed display issues on my computer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
im on a poverty AMD
I remember the good ol' days when AMD was king.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #1488
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

desk+ 2x4 block + handbrake ftw
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #1489
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Here are some DR2 screenshots to show you how I'm seeing it with the shadows.






JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #1490
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

I have to say those screenshots look a lot darker on my work PC compared to my home PC. I don't have the brightest on my home PC adjusted, but that monitor is much better than my work monitor.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #1491
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

i just was about to say the same! they looked great on home PC, now work PC the dark/night areas are totally black!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #1492
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

started my DR2 career last night. i found it MUCH easier than the "historic series" i had been testing in free play.
but im sure the first location it probly the easiest.
currently running brightness at 130% to combat shadows. havent done a full night stage yet with that setting.
i noticed the windsheild dirt turning into opaque black in the shadows like it was before still.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #1493
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
started my DR2 career last night. i found it MUCH easier than the "historic series" i had been testing in free play.
but im sure the first location it probly the easiest.
currently running brightness at 130% to combat shadows. havent done a full night stage yet with that setting.
i noticed the windsheild dirt turning into opaque black in the shadows like it was before still.
The career is odd to me. There doesn't seem to be any organization or progression. You can pick rally or rally cross, but then you can pick any class? Or is that just because I pre-ordered the big bundle and got the "free" extra cars to start?

I already finished a rally cross class and it didn't seem to unlock anything. Right now I only see two classes - FWD and AWD. I'm hoping I can unlock RWD, but maybe that won't happen. I don't know which cars do and do not race rally cross in real life. I was hoping, at least, the krosskarts would be unlocked as a rally cross class!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #1494
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

yeah i had to start with a H1 class FWD POS. so i will have to earn money to be able to buy higher class cars. hence working my way up.
i also cant compete in half of the daily/weekly challenges because i dont own any cars in those higher classes.

i think im up to about $41k in money right now.

im not a big rally cross fan. i prefer stage rallys and there (older) cars.

i just dont care for the rally cross, or modern rally cars. all tiny 3 door hatches. just dont do anything for me.

i doubt ill spend any time in them in DR2
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #1495
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah i had to start with a H1 class FWD POS. so i will have to earn money to be able to buy higher class cars. hence working my way up.
i also cant compete in half of the daily/weekly challenges because i dont own any cars in those higher classes.

i think im up to about $41k in money right now.

im not a big rally cross fan. i prefer stage rallys and there (older) cars.

i just dont care for the rally cross, or modern rally cars. all tiny 3 door hatches. just dont do anything for me.

i doubt ill spend any time in them in DR2
I'm surprised you don't like rally cross being a track guy and all. I love it.

I do agree older rally cars are much cooler. There's nothing exciting about an AWD Fiesta. Sure, I'd love to drive one because the performance is incredible, but the looks just aren't there.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #1496
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 480
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm surprised you don't like rally cross being a track guy and all. I love it.

I do agree older rally cars are much cooler. There's nothing exciting about an AWD Fiesta. Sure, I'd love to drive one because the performance is incredible, but the looks just aren't there.
Please, for the love of God, tell me you aren't sim racing in chase cam. If you're not, then you can't see the car anyway.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #1497
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,512
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Please, for the love of God, tell me you aren't sim racing in chase cam. If you're not, then you can't see the car anyway.
No. I meant drive one in real life. And, as a fan, watching ugly rally cars isn't as fun as watching good looking cars. I mean, as car guys, we aren't drawn to ugly cars. Looks matter.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #1498
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

this has randy written all over it
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #1499
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 480
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

LOL, nah, not for me. Don't get me wrong, roomscale play is pretty revolutionary as far as gaming is concerned, and it's fun as hell. But I play video games to relax and unwind, not work my ass off. I will say PVP shooters like that are incredible in VR. But, you WILL wake up sore as hell the next day from video games. Besides, I gave up my roomscale play area to make room for a treadmill last year.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #1500
~THE SCALE SHOP~
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KILLEEN TX
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: PC Sim Racing

<--- no f ucking clue what you just said.
other than the last 8 words where your trying not to get chubby like me.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



PC Sim Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROJECT CARS sim game slowlearner Chit Chat 14 08-07-2013 11:51 AM
Any sim racers on here? Hellbilly Chit Chat 30 07-10-2008 10:12 AM
Flight Sim in Google Earth SlinkySam Chit Chat 2 09-03-2007 02:02 PM
rock crawling sim or game? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 2 11-20-2006 10:10 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com