Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Do we have an "Awesome" thread yet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Do we have an "Awesome" thread yet?

end thread
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #302
I wanna be Dave

Never heard of the h2r until now. How have I missed that thing....?

First thought was have they ran the Isle?

https://youtu.be/LUeHtww5rVI
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Never heard of the h2r until now. How have I missed that thing....?

First thought was have they ran the Isle?

https://youtu.be/LUeHtww5rVI
The H2R was announced a few years ago now and I think it's been in production for a couple of years. It's a supercharged 4 cylinder with a claimed 300 horsepower.

I'd take it down the runway and hold it wide open, but not on the Isle of Man. Those guys are a different level of crazy!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #304
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The H2R was announced a few years ago now and I think it's been in production for a couple of years. It's a supercharged 4 cylinder with a claimed 300 horsepower.

I'd take it down the runway and hold it wide open, but not on the Isle of Man. Those guys are a different level of crazy!

I read the Wiki on it and said ‘gotdamn’ our loud. Coworker was like WTF? Showed him and he said it, too.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #305
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Seems like the best way to describe that bike is to compare it to the Hellcats, tester all came away from the tests the same way, laughing, somewhat terrified, and amazed it didn't kill them.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #306
Quarry Creeper

The H2R is indeed cool, especially considering it's a factory bike. If you want that in a street bike though, it won't be an H2R, as it's a track only bike.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #307
Quarry Creeper

How about a car running it down, and passing it?

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #308
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i didnt want to ruin everyones enjoyment and bring that up. a bike is great for initial accelleration, but at a quick point past the 1/4 mile, sheer horse power is all the matters, not power to weight.
there was a short film made for YT a few years back i always remember. maybe had tanner foust in it. maybe even US top gear was a hot crotch rocket and a stock vette. didnt take long for pure power to catch the bike. was kind of a chase scene thing, crossing a long bridge.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #309
Quarry Creeper

To be fair, the Top Gear thing was a low geared naked stunt bike vs the Vette. But...

I was commenting yesterday with a friend about how the time has finally come that buying a liter bike no longer guarantees you an dust anything on the road. Cars are just incredible these days, and with a full factory warranty too. Throw in some corners, and the bike is doomed for sure.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
To be fair, the Top Gear thing was a low geared naked stunt bike vs the Vette. But...

I was commenting yesterday with a friend about how the time has finally come that buying a liter bike no longer guarantees you an dust anything on the road. Cars are just incredible these days, and with a full factory warranty too. Throw in some corners, and the bike is doomed for sure.
Considering the weak skill set of most sportbike riders out there today, you're absolutely right.

Nothing like hearing a bike take off from a stoplight and then ride the clutch shifting into every gear
WetpantsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Default Do we have an "Awesome" thread yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetpantsMcGee View Post
Considering the weak skill set of most sportbike riders out there today, you're absolutely right.

Nothing like hearing a bike take off from a stoplight and then ride the clutch shifting into every gear

Or shift short in the RPMs like it would be a car and start bogging down around 3rd gear.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:50 AM   #312

Quote:
How about a car running it down, and passing it?
That's not a GT-R. That's a 1,350 horsepower GT-R versus a stock H2R no less. Put a stock GTR in there and re-run it and the result would be closer to the video I posted.

There are always scenarios that favor motorcycles and other scenarios that favor cars, but on the street and on a typical track an average street motorcycle is going to spank an average street car. Hyper cars are getting near race cars so that is another exception.

Once you start modifying them or putting them in other situations the car gains the advantage because it has a much greater traction and much more horsepower. A good example is F1 cars versus MotoGP bikes. The F1 cars are going to win. See the video below. But the scenarios in the videos above, like half mile straights, isn't something the average person is ever going to encounter.

I'll stick to my statement that motorcycles are the best performance bang for your buck - bar none. With that being said, you have to have the huevos to ride them.

Me? I love both!

Old 09-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #313
Quarry Creeper

You do realize the H2R is a track only race bike right? And that it's power to weight ratio is something like 1.7:1, 300HP and 476lbs. The GTR is still at a disadvantage according to those numbers. You can't cherry pick a homologated race bike, and then say well you can only bring a stock car that barely makes more power than the bike. And again, on any track with a moderate amount of curves, a motorcycle will get destroyed by even a stock C7 corvette due to the handling. The car has probably 100 times the contact patch of the bike, and will always go through a corner faster than the bike will. It's simply physics. I love motos, but they definitely have their limitations no different than anything else.

And I've told many people, the closest you'll ever come to knowing what a bullet feels like is riding a modern sport bike. They are insane, snarling, fire breathing beasts that will try to kill you every chance they get. But it's a feeling you won't forget. It's mind boggling acceleration, and very addictive. And the reason I never bought one. I'd have been in jail, or in the ground, and I knew it. LOL
Old 09-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #314

Quote:
You do realize the H2R is a track only race bike right? And that it's power to weight ratio is something like 1.7:1, 300HP and 476lbs. The GTR is still at a disadvantage according to those numbers. You can't cherry pick a homologated race bike, and then say well you can only bring a stock car that barely makes more power than the bike. And again, on any track with a moderate amount of curves, a motorcycle will get destroyed by even a stock C7 corvette due to the handling. The car has probably 100 times the contact patch of the bike, and will always go through a corner faster than the bike will. It's simply physics. I love motos, but they definitely have their limitations no different than anything else.

And I've told many people, the closest you'll ever come to knowing what a bullet feels like is riding a modern sport bike. They are insane, snarling, fire breathing beasts that will try to kill you every chance they get. But it's a feeling you won't forget. It's mind boggling acceleration, and very addictive. And the reason I never bought one. I'd have been in jail, or in the ground, and I knew it. LOL
True, it is a track only bike. Most track cars don't have 1,300 horsepower. Although one could argue most track bikes don't have 300 horsepower either!

I disagree about street cars automatically being faster on tracks than street cars though. I've seen plenty of tests over the years where street legal motorcycles beat street legal cars on tracks. Once you add race tires and more horsepower the cars start becoming faster.

I kinda feel bad for people that never ride motorcycles. They don't know what they're missing.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #315
Rock Crawler

Nights are getting longer...

Old 09-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #316
Rock Crawler

I am sorry, but people driving like that on public roads, i just want them to kill them self and as fast as possible please.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Nights are getting longer...
Hasn't the Ghostrider been caught and stopped yet?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #318
Quarry Creeper

Ghost Rider died quite a few years ago if memory serves.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #319
I wanna be Dave

Awesomeness on its way...

Gonna be out at the Circuit of the Americas for the FIA World RallyCross Championship races tomorrow, courtesy of my good friend (and once again co-worker! still stoked about how THAT worked out!!):

Miatardo!

https://www.worldrxusa.com/

World Rallycross Event FAQ | Circuit of The Americas

With "Cars & Coffee" beforehand, no less...

Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #320
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hasn't the Ghostrider been caught and stopped yet?
Who knows.

Quote:
Ghost Rider died quite a few years ago if memory serves.
Turborider.

Do we have an "Awesome" thread yet? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
BADDMANS C1 called 50Cal """XR10 up grade""" baddman 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 08-27-2012 11:56 PM