Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #3141
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

...you all know by now that I never post pictures...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of 8 lug KNK slotted mags https://teamknkhardware.com/5-slot-1...-style-19.html They're just like the 16.5" wheels I bought for my dad's '78 K25 over 20 years ago and I still have his truck! I'm afraid that means I'm gonna have to build another rc around these wheels. If there's one thing I've learned from this hobby it's: if you think you want something, just buy it! Things get discontinued pretty quickly if you wait around.

On that same note: I waited too long to buy the High Altitude Performance Capra chassis and then they were gone. I got lucky and scored a new one from the classifieds here. Hopefully it helps breathe new life into my Capra... because it's always been "just okay" to me.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #3142
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Ugg! Every time I tell myself no more rigs...for awhile, another great deal pops up! Yeah eventually these new axles will be under a new build! I've been eyeing the GSpeed G-Shot!

Great buy on the SMT Kit! That would have been impossible to pass on! I didn't see that deal!

I grabbed a set of the purple v3 cf rails when they released. Im goina build a gshot build soon myself. Im kind of on the search for capra axles at the moment for that build. But the ar45s are next choice if i cant find any
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:16 PM   #3143
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
...you all know by now that I never post pictures...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of 8 lug KNK slotted mags https://teamknkhardware.com/5-slot-1...-style-19.html They're just like the 16.5" wheels I bought for my dad's '78 K25 over 20 years ago and I still have his truck! I'm afraid that means I'm gonna have to build another rc around these wheels. If there's one thing I've learned from this hobby it's: if you think you want something, just buy it! Things get discontinued pretty quickly if you wait around.

On that same note: I waited too long to buy the High Altitude Performance Capra chassis and then they were gone. I got lucky and scored a new one from the classifieds here. Hopefully it helps breathe new life into my Capra... because it's always been "just okay" to me.
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:16 AM   #3144
Go Buckeyes!

New tags have arrived! The ones on the bottom are just stickers without the vinyl backing. Also picked up some Bigfoot "Hide and Seek" scale stickers. RC Plate Shop threw in some "RC 4Life" stickers for free.

Name:  IMG_8531 (2).jpg
Views: 331
Size:  180.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I grabbed a set of the purple v3 cf rails when they released. Im goina build a gshot build soon myself. Im kind of on the search for capra axles at the moment for that build. But the ar45s are next choice if i cant find any
Nice! Those purple rails sure do look purdy! I don't have a set of those fancy colored CF rails yet. Love the look of them and wanting to get an order in for a set soon.

I did steal my Capra axles from my Capra awhile back to use on a still unfinished G-rig. Probably use them for a G-Shot build. I do see that the Capra axles are a HOT item now and are hard to find! I'll keep an eye out for ya!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:49 AM   #3145
RCC Addict

Quote:
New tags have arrived! The ones on the bottom are just stickers without the vinyl backing. Also picked up some Bigfoot "Hide and Seek" scale stickers. RC Plate Shop threw in some "RC 4Life" stickers for free.

Attachment 400122

Nice! Those purple rails sure do look purdy! I don't have a set of those fancy colored CF rails yet. Love the look of them and wanting to get an order in for a set soon.

I did steal my Capra axles from my Capra awhile back to use on a still unfinished G-rig. Probably use them for a G-Shot build. I do see that the Capra axles are a HOT item now and are hard to find! I'll keep an eye out for ya!

I also noticed that. A lot of the stock components are backorder on rpp and amain.

I wish axial would offer all of their axles as kit versions, ar45p’s, Capra, and ar44 ( i know ar44’s exist already, but we need updated ring gears and lockers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:39 PM   #3146
RCC Addict

Quote:

Attachment 400122

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I also noticed that. A lot of the stock components are backorder on rpp and amain.

I wish axial would offer all of their axles as kit versions, ar45p’s, Capra, and ar44 ( i know ar44’s exist already, but we need updated ring gears and lockers)

Brian, the blue rails really pop in the sunlight, theyd look good stickin out from a cab only build. The purple ones are purple no matter wat light lol. I lovem!

Twade, i agree, axial should make kits ot of all their axle setups. Alot of use would rather custom build, i think, than to have to buy an rtr n strip it of the parts we want.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #3147
Rock Crawler

Oh I think they would make a ton if they offered axle kits.

I've been getting my plates off of eBay but I'm gonna have to show some love to RC Plate Shop on my rigs that don't have plates yet.

Last edited by Goro Majima; 04-30-2022 at 12:43 AM.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:11 PM   #3148
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Oh I think they would make a ton of they offered axle kits.

I've been getting my plates off of eBay but I'm gonna have to show some love to RC Plate Shop on my rigs that don't have plates yet.

I can recommend them!

Old 04-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #3149
I wanna be Dave

I would say I feel a 'draft' coming on, but, it's more like a 'drift'...car, that is.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:16 AM   #3150
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Yeah, check them out. They have a ton of State plate options and cool scale stickers too!
Old 05-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #3151
Rock Crawler

April has been a very busy 1:1 car month.
Sold 2, traded 1, and bought 1 I've been looking for for 5yrs.

A red 2 door Standard cab SWB V-8 Dodge 4x4.
Found a 1999 V-8 5spd dodge 4 days after being listed on Facebook and I look Everyday. WTH?

My nephew has one and kept thinking about selling it but it was between his Dad (my older bro) and him debating.
They both have newer CrewCab Dodge Diesel 1 tons and they like driving the Lil red dodge for driving around.
Soo, I found my own.

Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #3152
Go Buckeyes!

My order of IERC parts has arrived for the GK-Ecto build. >> B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build

Name:  IMG_8616 (2).jpg
Views: 249
Size:  182.4 KB
Old 05-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #3153
Go Buckeyes!

Something cool just got dropped off at the shop today.

Ordered a couple whip antennae from Bad Andy at Twisted Tree RC. Cool little springy whips for my GK-Ecto and Phoenix rigs.

Can’t wait to see these in action out on the trails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2022, 02:36 AM   #3154
I wanna be Dave

1.9 wheels for an upcoming build. Not exact, but they’ll work for now.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:31 PM   #3155
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
"Hun, it has an 'innie'. I wanted an 'outie'.".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:10 AM   #3156
Rock Crawler

I could never find V1 available so it's a pleasure to own V2!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:43 AM   #3157
Go Buckeyes!

I was finally able to get my hands on a set of the Team Garage Hack TGH-HH H.O. V1.1 E.B.R. Edition Wheels for my GSpeed V1-C1 build. They are currently in stock and on sale. The V1 wheels is being replaced with a V2 design.

B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Name:  IMG_8671 (2).jpg
Views: 104
Size:  180.0 KB
Old 05-07-2022, 11:45 AM   #3158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
"Hun, it has an 'innie'. I wanted an 'outie'.".

Hahaha

Old 05-07-2022, 02:41 PM   #3159
RCC Addict

Well i preordered the new mamba micro x2 awhile back from castle. It showed yesterday that it hit my acct. I was suprised to see it in the mailbox today. They shipped it quick, almost teleprted it to me lol. Its tiny compared to the mamba x. Im goina pair it with a HH revolver 1000kv in a gshot build. The slate 2850kv will go into another rig later

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #3160
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Well i preordered the new mamba micro x2 awhile back from castle. It showed yesterday that it hit my acct. I was suprised to see it in the mailbox today. They shipped it quick, almost teleprted it to me lol. Its tiny compared to the mamba x. Im goina pair it with a HH revolver 1000kv in a gshot build. The slate 2850kv will go into another rig later

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

4s power!!!

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM