Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2023, 01:22 PM   #3681
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Finally broke down and got a new printer. Decided to try the Tronxy Crux 1, it had a few nice differences over my ender.

Silent mother board
Direct drive extruder
Smaller footprint
Man, that thing looks tiny...like, possibly smaller than the Prusa Mini. The real question is, how do prints look?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM   #3682
I wanna be Dave

Picked up a few more goodies for my 4-Tec 3.0 as well as a stick pack for my old SCX10 and a 3s for other things today.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 08:12 PM   #3683
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Man, that thing looks tiny...like, possibly smaller than the Prusa Mini. The real question is, how do prints look?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Unfortunately I’ve only printed a calibration cube, which was spot on, despite have a couple lifted corners. Print quality was better then my ender 3 ever was, but definitely need more prints to see if that stays true.

It is small for sure, and that’s one of the reasons I got it. I just don’t ever print anything very big, and I hated not being able to use my work bench while the printer was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:06 PM   #3684
RCC Addict

Just got back from my 3rd day at ECC in Leesburg AL. Had a blast as always.

I picked up a gmade buffalo pickup 'partial' kit. The guy made me a deal i couldnt refuse, said he didnt wanna have to pack it back home with him lol. Missing links, body, wheels n tires, n im sure a few other things. But for $20 bucks, whos complaining, right?

At the raffle, i came home with a new project to start. Got a GK comp chassis. Not sure where im headed with it yet. Trx4 portals, or maybe some knockoff capra axles? We'll see how things play out.

Got some stickers while i was at it

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 06:45 PM   #3685
RCC Addict

napped a new pull xl5-12t. Gonna run the lcg slash No Prep build this year in the stock 12T class.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:01 PM   #3686
Quarry Creeper

We bought a new window AC unit, Toshiba, wireless temp sensing remote, etc, much needed. A set of Kobalt 24V cordless hedge clippers, and a Bug A Salt 3.0 fiber optic edition. I've been on porch patrol all evening, so much fun. And, she's laughed at my sniping bugs all eveing.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:04 PM   #3687
RCC Addict

Default Pics of your latest purchase

Oh yeah I picked up a gatekeeper on sale, plus a coupon code, $230 to my front door. Donated the cage to my son since his is broken, and slapped on a pw cab. Just need to solder on an xt60 slap a quick paint job on, and we’re off to the races… or rocks I guess.

Old 05-23-2023, 06:29 AM   #3688
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Oh yeah I picked up a gatekeeper on sale, plus a coupon code, $230 to my front door.

Nice buy at a great price! The Gatekeeper has been my rig of choice for builds here lately since they can be had at a ridiculously low price.

Looks great so far and looking forward to seeing more!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #3689
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice buy at a great price! The Gatekeeper has been my rig of choice for builds here lately since they can be had at a ridiculously low price.

Looks great so far and looking forward to seeing more!

Couldn’t afford not to buy it! I’ve never really put much time into the element chassis, my son has been learning to drive on his GK for over a year now and it’s held up surprising well. I’m excited to run this along with my base camp, and Phoenix this summer.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:36 AM   #3690
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
We bought a new window AC unit, Toshiba, wireless temp sensing remote, etc, much needed. A set of Kobalt 24V cordless hedge clippers, and a Bug A Salt 3.0 fiber optic edition. I've been on porch patrol all evening, so much fun. And, she's laughed at my sniping bugs all eveing.
I gotta get me one of them Bug-A-Salt guns. I remember seeing them a few years back and then just last week while at my local Sam's Club seeing them in the garden section. Lord knows I have plenty of spiders and flies I could kill!

Quote:
Couldn’t afford not to buy it! I’ve never really put much time into the element chassis, my son has been learning to drive on his GK for over a year now and it’s held up surprising well. I’m excited to run this along with my base camp, and Phoenix this summer.

Yeah right, hard to pass them up at that price! I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the GK compared to the others when you get some run time on it.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:43 PM   #3691
Go Buckeyes!

Went to local Hobbytown today and this little guy followed me home. The pic makes it look like a mustard color, but it is actually the new tan color. Looks much better in person.

I’ll be using this chassis for my Bond Spectre build that I’m currently working on.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:57 PM   #3692
RCC Addict

couple items for my drift rig.

and a pic of the magnetic mounts and wing

Last edited by Timmahh; 05-25-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:19 PM   #3693
RCC Addict

With a big purchase coming soon, I ordered some printer parts for a printer I don’t even have yet.

Pics of big purchase (for me) coming hopefully soon

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:39 PM   #3694
I wanna be Dave

Latest purchase is a big of an 'oddity'...but, only because I'm not only not using it on the vehicle it was designed for, but I'm not even using on the same vehicle type, or on a vehicle from the same manufacturer.

The parts are a service mount for the B6.2 buggy from Team Associated. While I'll be using it on is the Rlaarlo AK-917, a 1/10 speedrun car w/a Porsche 917 body. In the stock position, the servo is mounted on the chassis, on the right side, just behind the front wheel, with the Rx mounted on top of the servo. The ESC is positive directly behind the servo, with the motor directly behind that. As you can see from the photo, below, there really isn't any "spare room". As-is, installing a larger ESC and/or longer motor is impossible. So, what to do, what to do..........

The 'solution' is to relocate the servo, mounting it on top of the center brace. A few others with this vehicle have already done this...but, they've custom fabricated pieces to do this. I don't have the tools/machines to do so. Instead, using the AE servo mount, one screw can go through the servo mount CF plate, through the brace, and into the (orange) brace mount. As for a second screw, just need to drill a 3mm hole in the appropriate location, and countersink the hole. No "custom fabrication" needed, and I save a LOT of time.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:45 PM   #3695
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I gotta get me one of them Bug-A-Salt guns. I remember seeing them a few years back and then just last week while at my local Sam's Club seeing them in the garden section. Lord knows I have plenty of spiders and flies I could kill!
It's a lot of fun if you keep your expectations in check. Once the work day is done, we're on our own schedule, and can sit on the porch till dark shooting things. LOL
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:29 PM   #3696
RCC Addict

No the new purchase is not my mom…. I upgraded form a rusty 100k+ mile 2009 cobalt ls to a brand new 23 Jetta se
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:31 PM   #3697
Go Buckeyes!

Picked up a Vanquish VFD Twin with machined gear set and alum gear plates for a price that I could never turn down! Found it for sale on FB Marketplace. Someone was piecing out a Phoenix straight axle kit. This will be going in a brand new build coming soon!

Also while shopping at Amain, I picked up a (EDIT) >>>Fusion<<< SE 1800kv 2in1. This will most likely be going in my Phoenix and the 1200kv that is in there will be going in another build.

Name:  IMG_0994(1).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  179.7 KB

Last edited by B-MOW71; 06-01-2023 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:37 PM   #3698
I wanna be Dave

Dude.

I have a serious question.......

Why do you always refer to them as Fushions?

Enquiring minds wanna know!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:40 PM   #3699
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Dude.

x2! At first I thought it was a typo but then again who misspells it like that?? Haha
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:51 PM   #3700
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
x2! At first I thought it was a typo but then again who misspells it like that?? Haha
Because I'm an idiot and can't read! Not sure why my brain keeps telling me to put an "h" in the word!

I may have to get a chalkboard out and write this "Fusion, fusion, fusion..." until I get it right! Just like I did when I was a kid in school.

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM