Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2023, 10:54 AM   #3761
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Rad H-Tech adjustable tow hitch from Korea (~$35).
I have the one on the left. As for the H-Tech, cool design.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2023, 03:01 PM   #3762
Rock Crawler

Tiny bolts. Lots of them.

bgredjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:52 PM   #3763
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a Lego person...but, I AM a Star Wars fan. I've though about getting the Millennium Falcon Ultimate Collector Series set (75192) for a while...but, it's $850 price was way more than I'm willing to spend.

A couple days ago, I found one being offered through Mercari, through their "make an offer" purchasing option (it did not have a Buy Now/Add to Cart option, and I could see the seller was trying/hoping to get $570). I offered $500. Unfortunately, this morning, I received a "good news/bad news" email, informing me that someone outbid me...by $13. I figured, I'll just apply the old "it probably wasn't meant to be" philosophy, and forget about it.

For whatever reason, this afternoon, I checked Mercari again, and discovered a just-listed set...for under $400. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to adding this to me collection of Star Wars items.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 09-09-2023, 08:21 PM   #3764
RCC Addict

Picked up a HW 4100 Max10 Combo. Put the 4100 in place of the 3300kv motor in the combo I put in my Tamiya XV-01.
The 3300 combo (with the new esc that came with the 4100) may end up in either a TA RC10GT-5 I got gifted to me, or maybe my Duratrax DX450 which is in conversion to Cafe Racer mode. Will have to revisit my 13ish year old post on it and give it a full update soon. I want to start on the body panels first.

Just need to get the body setup and painted.
Then I'll be onto the Promoto.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:09 PM   #3765
I wanna be Dave

Prepping to upgrade my SonicWake. Got a bunch of Red (unfortunately, the lighting make the parts look somewhat orange) anodized hardware from RC Boat Bitz in Australia.

Old 09-23-2023, 12:23 PM   #3766
Go Buckeyes!

Birthday gift from Mrs. BMOW! Nice new shiny red Traxxas TRX4-m Cheyenne High Trail and a set of low trans gears. The brass rings were also bought, but won’t work with these stock wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:10 PM   #3767
RCC Addict

Tx phone holder from Spectrum so when the Android Dashboard app is ready I can use it, also I should be able to record with it as well making recording running easier.

Also got a Grafx set from HMDesignMoto for the Promoto MX.
Hard to tell in these pics as I forgot to get a few pics of them before I installed, but its the Grafix for a 1982 Maiko MEGA2 (though I don't have a MEGA2 sticker for it YET).

Old 09-23-2023, 04:55 PM   #3768
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Birthday gift from Mrs. BMOW! Nice new shiny red Traxxas TRX4-m Cheyenne High Trail and a set of low trans gears. The brass rings were also bought, but won’t work with these stock wheels.
Nice gift and happy birthday! It's my brother inlaw's birthday today and he's actually getting into the RC stuff now thanks to someone (me lol). My sis got him a Kyosho Mini Z Defender, and snagged a Rubicon on sale as well for my niece! So they'll trail around together. And now that they have 1/24's, maybe I should get the 4Runner version when they visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Tx phone holder from Spectrum so when the Android Dashboard app is ready I can use it, also I should be able to record with it as well making recording running easier.

Also got a Grafx set from HMDesignMoto for the Promoto MX.
Hard to tell in these pics as I forgot to get a few pics of them before I installed, but its the Grafix for a 1982 Maiko MEGA2 (though I don't have a MEGA2 sticker for it YET).
These bikes just look like a different kind of fun. Seeing someone launch one of these off of a ramp and put a fat dent into a car's quarter panel won't ever get old
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 05:22 PM   #3769
Rock Crawler

Saw NSDRC released this and had to give them more of my money. Pretty cool they made a sticker sheet to match as well. As far as what rig this will go in is absolutely up in the air. Most likely will be for the future but definitely an awesome piece to have on hand.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:27 PM   #3770
RCC Addict

Hope you had a great birthday, Brian. Not sure your age but at this point I just mark em off as "I didn't kill myself in the last 365 days and no one else got me either!" Nice lookin' rig there. Those are just so sweet!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 11:47 PM   #3771
Quarry Creeper

I ordered one of these as a fathers day gift for myself. Hopefully it'll be here in a couple of weeks. Been debating buying one for years.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 11:48 PM   #3772
RCC Addict

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:27 PM   #3773
Rock Crawler

Bought some 1" thick wood dowels to shorten shelving heights from around 13.25" to 10".
Old 09-25-2023, 06:14 AM   #3774
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Nice gift and happy birthday! It's my brother inlaw's birthday today and he's actually getting into the RC stuff now thanks to someone (me lol). My sis got him a Kyosho Mini Z Defender, and snagged a Rubicon on sale as well for my niece! So they'll trail around together. And now that they have 1/24's, maybe I should get the 4Runner version when they visit
Thanks Goro!

Great to hear the fam is getting hooked on R/C! The little mini's are fun little rigs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Hope you had a great birthday, Brian. Not sure your age but at this point I just mark em off as "I didn't kill myself in the last 365 days and no one else got me either!" Nice lookin' rig there. Those are just so sweet!
Thanks drifter!

I'm on year #52. I give a little hint in my name (BMOW71 = 1971)

These little TRX4-m's are great and are becoming my favorites!

Quote:
Bought some 1" thick wood dowels to shorten shelving heights from around 13.25" to 10".
Nice idea with the dowel rods! That is now giving me ideas!

Sweet collection of Toyota's!
Old 10-05-2023, 06:10 AM   #3775
Go Buckeyes!

New VP goodies arrived yesterday. Picked up a set of F10T black housings that were on sale last week with the "tuesdaylive" promo code. Savings of $72.50 was hard to pass up. These are going on my new Fordyce build.

Also picked up the 2023 Breast Cancer Awareness 25T Pink servo horn. Was wanting to get a set of the pink BCA KMC KM445 Impact 1.9 wheels, but have yet to find them in stock. Hoping to get them before October passes us by!

Name:  IMG_2512.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  178.7 KB
Old 10-05-2023, 10:16 PM   #3776
RCC Addict

Old 10-08-2023, 04:26 PM   #3777
Rock Crawler

Some stuff for the fork lift project. The 3 gear with dig is for something else.

The $60 AR44 rep axles are complete trash as I've read, but in my fork lift situation they are perfect. Only need the rear, and it's also open diff which is even better. Had a little binding on giving the pinion a few turns, but I backed the diff cover off just slightly and it's good.

The front axle just horrible. Binding on turning both the knuckles and pinion. Instant scale shop item.

I'd like to think these are some pros of the value of this axle kit. They are complete axles, panhard is on driver side if that's needed, comes with metal driveshafts as well as wheel hexes. If the bearings are fully interchangeable with AR44s then that's also a good thing.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:35 PM   #3778
RCC Addict

Treal Footpegs for the LOSI Promoto MX in black.
I have more Treal items on the way from Amain for the Promoto.
And yes, if you were not aware, Amain is now selling TREAL gear and they qualify for the Amain discounts.

The stock pegs will move over to the DX450 Cafe Racer I need to get to the body on.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:57 PM   #3779
RCC Addict

Amains on point lately.
Ordered on the 4th.
Shipped from Chico Ca on the 5th
Arrive to me in Mid-Michigan today on the 9th.

Swingarm
Knuckle for rear shock
Triple Tree
Fork Lugs
F Brake Caliper.

Crazy how large these Promoto Parts are really>
Way bigger than the Duratrax DX450 stuff .

Last edited by Timmahh; 10-09-2023 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:16 PM   #3780
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Amains on point lately.
Ordered on the 4th.
Shipped from Chico Ca on the 5th
Arrive to me in Mid-Michigan today on the 9th.
When is comes to Customer Service, Amain rocks...better than Traxxas, better than how Horizon Hobby used to be, and way better then how Horizon Hobby is now (the bigger they become, the worse their CS gets). Normally, I'm 'big' on supporting LHSs...but, as bad as the only LHS in Las Vegas is (Friendly Hobbies, referred to by many as Unfriendly Hobbies), many here prefer to shop from Amain.

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM