Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 06:25 AM   #601

Default Re: News thread

It's funny that people think the NRA is powerful. If they were we wouldn't have nearly the amount of regulations we currently have. And each year more guns rights are lost. So I'd love to hear how the NRA is powerful.

Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem. People blaming guns are part of the problem.

Guns have been around for a century and only recently have snowflakes had issues with them. People changed not guns.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #602
Pebble Pounder

They are powerful much like the AARP, that fear-mongers their members and mobilizes them to vote.

Guns have been around for a century? since 1918? Huh?
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:05 AM   #603
Suck it up!

Methinks somebody's been hitting the Tide a little hard.

However, I would enjoy seeing one of these century old unchanging guns...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #604
Pebble Pounder

Also, dumping $31 million into a presidential campaign is a pretty decent display of power. It's certainly more power than Joe Blow voter has.

NRA Contributions: How Much Politicians Like Roy Blunt Receive | Fortune

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-much-di...ending-2744440

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ending-n665056

In US elections, money equals power, and I would say the NRA has no lack of money.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #605
Suck it up!

And a larger percentage of their money comes from within the industry...
Old 02-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Instead of snide comments why don't you prove how the NRA is powerful? It's a group of "around" 5 million in a country of over 300 million. So less than 2% of the people in this country are members and you think they have some kind of say? Just because votes on certain laws go the NRA's way doesn't mean they were behind it.

Again, if the NRA was powerful there wouldn't be threats to take away guns every year when the snowflakes blame guns for shootings. We'd have a true Second Amendment that wasn't infringed upon. We'd be allowed to own fully automatic weapons like in years past. We wouldn't need background checks, etc, etc, etc.

Guns have evolved, obviously. But they were designed to kill and they still kill. That hasn't changed. People have changed how they are using them.

At least Florida used common sense this morning when they struck down the motion to ban "assault" rifles, but it comes at the expense of raising the age limit to purchase one. So why didn't the omnipotent NRA halt that in its tracks?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #607
Pebble Pounder

Simple... Looks at where their top money goes. They back people in traditionally "red' states where they can stockpile enough pols to have "seats at the table" so to speak. Enough seats to block anything major at a Federal level. If politicians didn't fear the NRA's power to mobilize it's voters, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #608
Rock Crawler

Liberals and democrats. They all are hypocrites. The NRA uses their power to get things their way, but the democrats and liberals all have an act, they make gun laws, not because they care about what has happened, but to look good and get more votes. Some examples are, they are dissing the founding fathers for having slaves, but the democrats were some of the worst slave owners to date, or allowing illegals to come into our country and vote, they use it to gain power in the government. They could care less about people, but live for power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #609
Pebble Pounder

I also find irony in the fact that the NRA backed the Nation Firearms Act of 1934 (regulation of machine guns, sawed off shotguns and suppressors - "gangster weapons"), one of the first major federal gun laws, in the wake of the Prohibition-era crime wave. In fact, they backed most legislation up until around the 1970s.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:27 AM   #610
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

The COLT M1911, Mechanically unchanged for over a century and its semi-auto.

Last edited by Correll; 02-28-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #611
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It's funny that people think the NRA is powerful. If they were we wouldn't have nearly the amount of regulations we currently have. And each year more guns rights are lost. So I'd love to hear how the NRA is powerful.

Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem. People blaming guns are part of the problem.

Guns have been around for a century and only recently have snowflakes had issues with them. People changed not guns.
As a CA gun owner...the NRA doesn’t seem too powerful to me...

In all seriousness, I doubt they have any more power than any other lobbying group that throws a bundle of cash at politicians.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #612
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatJeeper2017 View Post
allowing illegals to come into our country and vote

The GOP controls the House, the Senate, and the White House. Why haven't they stopped it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correll View Post
The Springfield M1911, Mechanically unchanged for over a century and its semi-auto.
Dang. You got me there.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #613
Rock Crawler

15 year old article but, it's as relevant today as when it was written.... Maybe more-so. Still won't change the minds of certain snowflakes though, I'd wager.

https://jim.com/cowards.htm
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #614
RCC Addict

Guess I'll throw gas on the fire. To what extent is gaming culpable to people becoming desensitized and demoralized? I'll bet a lot, perhaps most of the whack jobbers doing this crap were gamers. Pandora's box now open.....
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #615
Rock Crawler

Oh, and the 1911 was first built by Colt, not Springfield, designed by J. M. Browning around 1903-05. The Colt .45 revolver is even older, and unchanged. Henry hasn't changed the lever action rifle in almost 150 years. Guns really haven't changed much.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #616
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Guess I'll throw gas on the fire. To what extent is gaming culpable to people becoming desensitized and demoralized? I'll bet a lot, perhaps most of the whack jobbers doing this crap were gamers. Pandora's box now open.....
I've been playing videogames since the 70s. Never made me shoot anyone. (Lack of) Parenting is more likely.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #617
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
I've been playing videogames since the 70s. Never made me shoot anyone. (Lack of) Parenting is more likely.
True for you, me and 99% of gun owners can all say the same thing about shooting, however, I will staind with my statement about whack jobbers and gaming. Sadly, they seem to go hand in hand. Young guys anyhow. Sucks.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #618
Rock Crawler

Quote:
True for you, me and 99% of gun owners can all say the same thing about shooting, however, I will staind with my statement about whack jobbers and gaming. Sadly, they seem to go hand in hand. Young guys anyhow. Sucks.
I think it has more to do with how they are treated by their peers, and the morals (not) instilled by their parents. My son plays all those games and I have zero concern that he will become an "active shooter."
Old 02-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #619
Suck it up!

Quote:
Oh, and the 1911 was first built by Colt, not Springfield, designed by J. M. Browning around 1903-05. The Colt .45 revolver is even older, and unchanged. Henry hasn't changed the lever action rifle in almost 150 years. Guns really haven't changed much.
A good solid design will last generations, no doubt, but you can't say that they haven't changed. The core concept may stay the same, but technology always progresses.

Quote:
I think it has more to do with how they are treated by their peers, and the morals (not) instilled by their parents. My son plays all those games and I have zero concern that he will become an "active shooter."

There's always a small percentage of kids that are drawn to violence because of developmental issues, but for the most part, yeah. You reap what you sow.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #620
Suck it up!

Quote:
It's no different than when we were young and shooting each other with cap guns. I can't even begin to count the hours my friends and I spent running around the neighborhood pretending to kill each other.

Having said that, there is a level of intensity and frustration with todays gaming that is much greater than anything I remember from my childhood.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM