Notices

Thread: RCC's slow demise?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: RCC's slow demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't get the Subaru hate. At least it's not a freaking' Honda or Toyota!
Tundra drivers are the worst.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #262
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
My oldest brother delivered beer in the mid 90's so I had ALL the advertising propaganda, posters etc. Molson came out with ice, there was a coors light ice and coors light dry too. He still has the Molson goalie stick hanging in his shop.
I guess it was a part of the ‘cold filtered’ trend that the big breweries rolled out back in the 90’s.

Thankfully Bottled beer has gotten way more flavourful since then.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #263
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
My .02...

Facebook is certainly draining membership, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as culling the herd. Those with short attention spans and a deep need to post toy truck selfies are better there than here. Leave RCC to the builders and fabbers.

Facebook is certainly pulling away vendors, and that is a bad thing. They offer an incredible amount of exposure for essentially no cost. Having been a vendor here and on FB, and looking at it purely from a cost/profit perspective, RCC falls way, way short. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the spirit of community we used to have has gone away. It's certainly not like it used to be. Lowering the entry fee to become a vendor here might help, but not so much that it becomes a free for all.

I like the like button. It really streamlines threads, and you don't have to wade through pages of compliments to get to the stuff that actually matters.

I'm on the fence about opening the classifieds section up. Having to be a somewhat invested/established member to access them just seems like a smart thing to do. For everybody. Yes, PP gives us a certain degree of protection, but there are still plenty of douchebags that are willing to take the chance.

FB just makes it so easy to do a lot of things, things that a message board can't compete with. RCC can't go toe to toe with FB, nor should it try, but we do still have some advantages, we just need to work them.
I "LIKE" everything you said except for the part about short attention spans... though I forget why now.

Classifieds for n00bz = untrustworthy selling platform, lots of slimy dealz, ugly PayPal disputes, negative feedback to wade through before purchasing, and unhappy RCC peeps, so that's a negatory big brother.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #264
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I guess it was a part of the ‘cold filtered’ trend that the big breweries rolled out back in the 90’s.

Thankfully Bottled beer has gotten way more flavourful since then.
Wtf? If I want flavor I'll drink kool aid. Beer is for catching a buzz, booze is for getting fawked up. I don't kid myself and play the beer snob game like literally 90% of those around me. If I drink it is for a result and that ain't a trip to flavor town I'll tell ya that.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #265
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Wtf? If I want flavor I'll drink kool aid. Beer is for catching a buzz, booze is for getting fawked up. I don't kid myself and play the beer snob game like literally 90% of those around me. If I drink it is for a result and that ain't a trip to flavor town I'll tell ya that.
WTF? You mean to say is kool aid is LSD for children. People don’t actually drink that shit dude. It was advertised by a pitcher of liquid LSD smashing through a wall.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #266
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
WTF? You mean to say is kool aid is LSD for children. People don’t actually drink that shit dude. It was advertised by a pitcher of liquid LSD smashing through a wall.
I drink it and I've never done acid. Love me some red or purple...
Old 12-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #267
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
I drink it and I've never done acid. Love me some red or purple...
I rest my case.

I will stick with the beer
Old 12-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #268
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
I "LIKE" everything you said except for the part about short attention spans... though I forget why now.
You were probably going to...oh...look at that...uhh

Quote:
Classifieds for n00bz = untrustworthy selling platform, lots of slimy dealz, ugly PayPal disputes, negative feedback to wade through before purchasing, and unhappy RCC peeps, so that's a negatory big brother.
Yup. I understand the need/want for a more robust marketplace, but I don't think it'd be worth the cost.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #269

Quote:
My oldest brother delivered beer in the mid 90's so I had ALL the advertising propaganda, posters etc. Molson came out with ice, there was a coors light ice and coors light dry too. He still has the Molson goalie stick hanging in his shop.
I thought everybody had a Molson hockey sign. I have a Molson goalie sign somewhere in my RC room...

Pretty cool, ah?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #270
Slow is the new Fast

Molson has always sponsored Hockey. Too bad their beer tastes like bilge water.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #271
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I thought everybody had a Molson hockey sign. I have a Molson goalie sign somewhere in my RC room...

Pretty cool, ah?

I had a huge collection of metal embossed & screen printed beer signs. One of them was Molson with a big raised maple leaf.

Every once in a while I'll find a pin or pen from back then. Most commonly zima swag. They handed that out like candy, i had boxes of it and zima hats.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #272
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I had a huge collection of metal embossed & screen printed beer signs. One of them was Molson with a big raised maple leaf.

Every once in a while I'll find a pin or pen from back then. Most commonly zima swag. They handed that out like candy, i had boxes of it and zima hats.
Amazing!
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #273
MODERATOR™

I got a Natty Ice beer bitch cause I drink so much of it.

My own personal slow demise.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #274
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Fawking EHH right Bud, Natty Ice and some Ice fishing. Reeling in dem pike all day long and slammin back Natty..
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #275
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I agree- it would very quickly become as sketchy as clicking on a CL ad. Some of the other non-RC forums that I go to aren't nearly moderated as this one, and they've become saturated in "land mines" simply because there's no one that gives a crap to keep things in order. I'm glad for the few mods that we have on here that constantly give their time to help keep this place a good place to enjoy.

Last edited by BigSki; 12-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #276
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Hurry up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:15 AM   #277
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
Hurry up...
Give it a rest, stalker. You got nothing.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #278
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
.... I can see my post went right over your head and you literally took it for the actual words written and not the meaning that correlates to the issues going on.
Perhaps once you're here a bit longer and read much of the forum you'll better understand.

I'll give you a hint to start your crusade so you don't have to read between the lines too much.
Much of the demise to this forum and all forums is as I said, economy related to people's spare time and how it's used.
...and used elsewhere, such as at other sites. The facebook group format is certainly lacking, particularly on the busier groups, but there is lots to see and discuss.
Quote:
but.... with me saying "jump ship and leave now"... that's the biggest downfall to the forum now... NEGATIVITY. It helps nothing, negativity only breeds more negativity and it will drag anything down. Who wants to be somewhere where everyone is always down and talking mostly about how awful things are whether or not they are terrible or not.
My thinking is, if people want to be nothing but negative all the time, then take the door.
Outside of this thread I have not seen this negativity that you allude to in the sections that I frequent. What I see is how quiet those sections are.
Quote:
The other issue is.... if someone wants to piss & moan about how awful something is and do nothing, then they have no right to bitch. If something appears to be wrong, step up and make the difference and help change it. Be positive, make positive posts, be THE CHANGE you complain about.
Although..... that doesn't happen with most who complain about stuff because it's much easier to sit back and bitch and act like they know all the answers then it is to step up and help.
What's that term????...... armchair quarterback? Or is it know-it-all?

Change only comes from people willing to make the effort.
You are talking as if RCC is a user-driven community, when it is not. Unless I am mistaken, changes only come at the whim of the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
My .02...

Facebook is certainly draining membership, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Think of it as culling the herd. Those with short attention spans and a deep need to post toy truck selfies are better there than here. Leave RCC to the builders and fabbers.
OTOH, that is where we will find the next batch of builders and fabbers and - with the proliferation of 3D printing and such, makers.
Quote:
Facebook is certainly pulling away vendors, and that is a bad thing. They offer an incredible amount of exposure for essentially no cost. Having been a vendor here and on FB, and looking at it purely from a cost/profit perspective, RCC falls way, way short. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the spirit of community we used to have has gone away. It's certainly not like it used to be. Lowering the entry fee to become a vendor here might help, but not so much that it becomes a free for all.
I am not sure what the solution is, but I can see a fabber-maker-type member here would not be impressed with having the ban-hammer waved at them should they openly contemplate selling a few of their widgets without having first forked over the US$100 vendors fee, particularly to a site that sees so little traffic, and with so many other far more busier and friendlier venues available to them.

Unfortunately, this is the type of content that could make this site more popular.
Quote:

I like the like button. It really streamlines threads, and you don't have to wade through pages of compliments to get to the stuff that actually matters.
Indeed, and I inferred from the rules when I joined last year that such posts could be interpreted as simply bumping up one's post count, and could be subject to moderation.
Quote:
I'm on the fence about opening the classifieds section up. Having to be a somewhat invested/established member to access them just seems like a smart thing to do. For everybody. Yes, PP gives us a certain degree of protection, but there are still plenty of douchebags that are willing to take the chance.
I am not in the US, and I would not stray out of my local craigslist listings, so the classifieds here are of no use to me.
Quote:
FB just makes it so easy to do a lot of things, things that a message board can't compete with. RCC can't go toe to toe with FB, nor should it try, but we do still have some advantages, we just need to work them.
By 'we' I presume you mean the owner and the admin staff.

I'll hang around and see if anything develops, or if there is only going to be a rearrangement of the deck chairs.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote

RCC's slow demise? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to understand bunt motor s demise.. 04zrx Electronics 5 03-31-2013 06:11 AM
RCC's coverage and photos badger Competitions 61 07-02-2008 09:50 AM
RCC's pictures from Montana. badger Competitions 36 06-03-2008 05:13 PM