Notices

Thread: RCC's slow demise?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2017, 06:04 AM   #201
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCC's slow demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
He's working as a produce clerk in a grocery store i think. Between that and video games he's absent from here a lot.

I used to be an admin on a local wheeling board. We had all kinds of fun, it was my E-home. When the site owner was gone the place was awesome, whenever he was around it was a shit show because he tried way too hard to fit in. He was a helluva lot like farva.

Super troopers farva?...lol. I thought eepee was delivering to grocery stores. I thinks it’s funny when he corrects me with one word, then I gotta figure out what I typed wrong from the limited interaction. Yay! Internet games, ya I’m a loser.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #202
Sinking with the ship

RC Crawler Classifieds

Prime example....
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #203
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
it dosent help when a certain jobless mod throws in his smart ass comments and put everyone down.
When a mod with a high post count jumps in and literally tells everyone to leave, it goes a long way to solving the mystery of why a forum is suffering. Good luck everyone.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
RC Crawler Classifieds

Prime example....
why dont you see the bst as a perk to being a contributing member of the forum?

theres no need to change it, as the people who typically post 'wheres the bst' have absolutely zero interest in anything but buying shit for cheap.

also.. youve been around awhile, why did scale4x4 change their bst rules? was it because it was too easy for any yahoo to rip people off? methinks so...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #205
I wanna be Dave

I'm only in this thread because of the SuperTroopers reference...

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #206
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
why dont you see the bst as a perk to being a contributing member of the forum?

theres no need to change it, as the people who typically post 'wheres the bst' have absolutely zero interest in anything but buying shit for cheap.

also.. youve been around awhile, why did scale4x4 change their bst rules? was it because it was too easy for any yahoo to rip people off? methinks so...
No one is ripping people off now a days if you pay with PayPal and aren’t an asshole and pay with friends and family...

Your are right... been here for a while... but hey what the **** do I know right ?

It’s amazing how so many people really don’t give a shit about making this place better...

I’m done now... tired of going in circles
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
it dosent help when a certain jobless mod throws in his smart ass comments and put everyone down.
10+ years moderating this forum I am sure he knows somethings far better than we do.

This forum is not going to die because, instant gratification lacks depth.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
When a mod with a high post count jumps in and literally tells everyone to leave, it goes a long way to solving the mystery of why a forum is suffering. Good luck everyone.
.... I can see my post went right over your head and you literally took it for the actual words written and not the meaning that correlates to the issues going on.
Perhaps once you're here a bit longer and read much of the forum you'll better understand.

I'll give you a hint to start your crusade so you don't have to read between the lines too much.
Much of the demise to this forum and all forums is as I said, economy related to people's spare time and how it's used.
but.... with me saying "jump ship and leave now"... that's the biggest downfall to the forum now... NEGATIVITY. It helps nothing, negativity only breeds more negativity and it will drag anything down. Who wants to be somewhere where everyone is always down and talking mostly about how awful things are whether or not they are terrible or not.
My thinking is, if people want to be nothing but negative all the time, then take the door.

The other issue is.... if someone wants to piss & moan about how awful something is and do nothing, then they have no right to bitch. If something appears to be wrong, step up and make the difference and help change it. Be positive, make positive posts, be THE CHANGE you complain about.
Although..... that doesn't happen with most who complain about stuff because it's much easier to sit back and bitch and act like they know all the answers then it is to step up and help.
What's that term????...... armchair quarterback? Or is it know-it-all?

Change only comes from people willing to make the effort.

And to anyone complaining about a certain mod that is supposedly unemployed and plays video games all day..... if anyone did even 1/10 of what he's done to help this forum over his years, they'd probably be bald from pulling their hair out dealing with some of the adult children that come through these doors. I know I have my fair share of pulled out hair.
Y'all only get to see the cleaned up and approved stuff that remains after moderating takes place and most have no clue the endless hours it takes to keep this place as clean and organized as it even is.

Ok, off my soapbox. Y'all can return to your complaining.

Last edited by THX_138; 12-17-2017 at 10:23 AM.
THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
10+ years moderating this forum I am sure he knows somethings far better than we do.

This forum is not going to die because, instant gratification lacks depth.

I work with guys that have 30 years behind the wheel that still suck at it. Experience doesn't always equate to skill.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #210
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I work with guys that have 30 years behind the wheel that still suck at it. Experience doesn't always equate to skill.
Skill is good for 'present'

Experience is good for 'future'
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post

Change only comes from people willing to make the effort.

Well the get on your magic text machine and tell the owner that people would like to see updates and there are people willing to help.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Well the get on your magic text machine and tell the owner that people would like to see updates and there are people willing to help.

I will agree, there is a new group here, new blood always helps to grow.

I’ve been around for a year here, so I’m new. You and PeePee are the ONLY mods or admins I’ve seen and heard from.
I’ve heard of Jason and Badger...... but wouldn’t know them from Jack.....

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #213
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
You and PeePee are the ONLY

Hang up and Drive
I'm assuming you mean THX_138
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #214
Slow is the new Fast

Personally, I think there is a good group of guys on here. It isn’t a huge group, but a helpful and mostly respectful one. As Jato once said, it is a group with some character. Sure on occasion and on certain topics guys sound like they are complaining, but so what, who feels truly comfortable having sunshine blown up their buttholes anyway. Sometimes it’s nice when someone affords you licence to vent a bit. It actually took me awhile to ‘get’ this place, while not sure I necessarily have yet, It has certainly grown on me.

Anyone else notice how Natedog stays out of these threads entirely?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #215
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Personally, I think there is a good group of guys on here. It isn’t a huge group, but a helpful and mostly respectful one. As Jato once said, it is a group with some character. Sure on occasion and on certain topics guys sound like they are complaining, but so what, who feels truly comfortable having sunshine blown up their buttholes anyway. Sometimes it’s nice when someone affords you licence to vent a bit. It actually took me awhile to ‘get’ this place, while not sure I necessarily have yet, It has certainly grown on me.

Anyone else notice how Natedog stays out of these threads entirely?

Forums/groups etc with no dissenting opinions aren't reality based and they do nothing but condition noobs to a false online reality.

I've been on pirate longer than rcc but they started the same, very rough around the edges but the best resource for knowledge online.

Natedog is too busy stalking me and liking my posts to posy his own opinion.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 12-17-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

One thing that I've taken note of, in regards to the site slowing down, is that it was primarily a crawler/comp site. Once the comp scene started slowing down for various reasons, people started putting together 'scalers' and started having fun again. Once that started growing in popularity, people were posting build threads between here and I think that the owners weren't overly thrilled about people spending more time on scale builds instead of comp crawlers so they sort of backed away from being involved with the day-to-day operations.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #217
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'd like to think that if he WAS here, he'd say:

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
LOL ! There almost isn't a day that I log in where I don't a new "likes" received
notification because he's dug deep into an old build thread from 5 years ago and found a reply that he hasn't tagged yet.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #219
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
LOL ! There almost isn't a day that I log in where I don't a new "likes" received
notification because he's dug deep into an old build thread from 5 years ago and found a reply that he hasn't tagged yet.
His post mining skills are impressive.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #220
Pebble Pounder

Jesus people, stop bitchin, stop slamming people, grow the fawk up, enjoy what we do have here . If that is not possible for you to do then move the f on. This thread is beyond stupid. Think about it.. A newbie looks around the forum and finds this thread.. Great way to show somebody how immature this place must be. Who would want to stick around with shit like this on here.

So if you are a newbie to this forum. Please disregard this thread its not what this place is about. Stick around and check it out. Welcome aboard and hope you get some helpful info and ideas to progress in this awesome hobbie.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote

RCC's slow demise? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to understand bunt motor s demise.. 04zrx Electronics 5 03-31-2013 06:11 AM
RCC's coverage and photos badger Competitions 61 07-02-2008 09:50 AM
RCC's pictures from Montana. badger Competitions 36 06-03-2008 05:13 PM