Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: RCC's slow demise?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #181

Default Re: RCC's slow demise?

To all you people saying RCC is a slowly sinking ship...

Please jump now and save yourself the horrible torture of sinking with it.
Jump now and never log back in again.

What's killing RCC many ask?
Nothing.... is the answer.
However, the constant naysaying sure does bring it a negative atmosphere that drags everyone down. If ya can't be positive about the hobby, PLEASE jump ship now and quit poisoning the rest that enjoy it here and enjoy the hobby and helping it grow.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #182
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
To all you people saying RCC is a slowly sinking ship...

Please jump now and save yourself the horrible torture of sinking with it.
Jump now and never log back in again.

What's killing RCC many ask?
Nothing.... is the answer.
However, the constant naysaying sure does bring it a negative atmosphere that drags everyone down. If ya can't be positive about the hobby, PLEASE jump ship now and quit poisoning the rest that enjoy it here and enjoy the hobby and helping it grow.
So you see zero issues with the volume or traffic and posts around here at all? You think it’s a busy as say even 5 years ago ?

Just curious as to your thoughts on this... being your probably the most active mod.

Also, you have no recommendations for improvements ?
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
So you see zero issues with the volume or traffic and posts around here at all? You think it’s a busy as say even 5 years ago ?

Just curious as to your thoughts on this... being your probably the most active mod.

Most active? Uhhh only active that does anything worth doing that I've noticed.

I get what he's saying but without the ability to have swap in new mods or any other admin function we're pretty well locked into what we have.

Is rcc as busy as 5 years ago? Of course not, no classical forums are, none. It's just how things are these days.

Thx you need to take your concerns to Jason and get this place back on track! What's that? Jason hasn't answered pms from anyone in a year or more? Huh, sounds like we should be very positive and upbeat doesn't it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #184

this topic comes up over and over. i agree to a point but dont forget that back in the good ol days this place was full of cocky ****s who put eepee to shame.

keep the bst a perk for contributing members, encourage vendor participation and start cross promoting giveaways, builds, and tech content via fb and insta.

and market this place as the final resource for the guys who 'get it', keep the attention whores and lightbar bros on facebook until they grow enough in the hobby to appreciate a place like this.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #185

Quote:

Not nearly any forum is as active as 5 years ago.
I do not blame that on anything but the economy and world in general. When the economy picks up like it is lately hobbies fall off a bit.
When money gets tight like it was for about 8 years running people tend to spend more time at home, online and with hobbies , all on a much cheaper level to occupy their spare time then 1:1 sports and hobbies, travel, work overtime etc...

Does the forum need some adjustments? I fully agree it does, but I also fully understand the rseasons it's where it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Most active? Uhhh only active that does anything worth doing that I've noticed.

I get what he's saying but without the ability to have swap in new mods or any other admin function we're pretty well locked into what we have.

Is rcc as busy as 5 years ago? Of course not, no classical forums are, none. It's just how things are these days.

Thx you need to take your concerns to Jason and get this place back on track! What's that? Jason hasn't answered pms from anyone in a year or more? Huh, sounds like we should be very positive and upbeat doesn't it.
Believe it or not Jason corresponds with me regularly whenever I message or text him, most always instantly. I can't vouch for the lack of response to regular members, but honestly, an admin shouldn't be dealing with anyone but their mods unless a very serious issue arises.
I do feel there should be a few changes here and there, but also understand what Jason is doing.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #186
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
...market this place as the final resource for the guys who 'get it', keep the attention whores and lightbar bros on facebook until they grow enough in the hobby to appreciate a place like this.
#flexfriday
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #187
Sinking with the ship

But yet Facebook is booming with posts all day long...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I do feel there should be a few changes here and there, but also understand what Jason is doing.

What he's doing? Oh you mean swapping ads and ignoring those trying to help the forum with star drives and give aways like RCbros? I understand that life happens and hobbies change but there is a time and place when ya gotta do something different
Old 12-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #189
Suck it up!

Quote:
But yet Facebook is booming with posts all day long...
FB is built for fast moving traffic, not the deep engagement and slow progression that you find in places such as this.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #190
Rock Crawler

Sooooo... back to the important issues at hand... vaping subaru bang bros and tits...
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #191
Trying to have Fun Again

Damb there is alot of old school members still kicking around on here!
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post
Damb there is alot of old school members still kicking around on here!
Who the hell you calling 'old', say that crap again and I'll beat you with my walker...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Sooooo... back to the important issues at hand... vaping subaru bang bros and tits...
and bacon.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #194
RCC Addict

Quote:
Believe it or not Jason corresponds with me regularly whenever I message or text him, most always instantly. I can't vouch for the lack of response to regular members, but honestly, an admin shouldn't be dealing with anyone but their mods unless a very serious issue arises.
Do you think if you ask him, he might give you the privs to make any necessary changes around here, like renaming the "Redcat RS10" section to "Redcat Crawlers"? I've asked twice, once more than a year ago, and once about a month ago; no response. :(
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #195
I wanna be Dave

I've been on here fairly regularly for about 5 yrs. I hope it continues to serve the RC Crawling Community. There are a lot of dedicated users here with a wealth of experience and technical expertise. I have learned a heck of a lot from these forums and the users here. I raced RC as a kid. My last RC vehicle back then was an Associated RC10 - Gold Tub. I was heavily in to the hobby. I was one of those kids who simply enjoyed building things and working on things. As a matter of fact, I still do, which is what saw me enter back in to the hobby those four or five years ago. If i've had a crappy day or i'm just stressed, nothing beats wrenching on a rig with a beer or two out in the garage. Or, crawling on some rocks with one. Anyway, I agree with a lot of the info in the above posts. As a "hobby", this is one that takes a good bit of dedication, mechanical ability/apptitude, not to mention a decent chunk of change, even for an entry level rig. I agree it's hard to grab the attention of kids these days as well when their phones seem all but glued to their hands. I'm not really sure what the answer is and I guess i'm rambling. But I hope with more budget friendly scale rigs continuing to be brought to the market, we'll see an up-tick in new, younger users who love the hobby like I did back in the day. And for the record, I absolutely loathe Facebook.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #196
20K Club

More than anything, I miss meeting all the people that i used to "know" on the forums. It was a tighter group, facebook is definitely a flash and go interaction.

I miss the uncountable number of hours that i spent here. I bet i was logged on and active during 25% of my work days before!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #197
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
More than anything, I miss meeting all the people that i used to "know" on the forums. It was a tighter group, facebook is definitely a flash and go interaction.

I miss the uncountable number of hours that i spent here. I bet i was logged on and active during 25% of my work days before!

Spend some time here, not just your latest YouTube ......Knowledge comes from experience..... You have both and are civil to most in your communication with them. I know just a thought

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #198
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Spend some time here, not just your latest YouTube ......Knowledge comes from experience..... You have both and are civil to most in your communication with them. I know just a thought

Hang up and Drive
I dont spend my day in front of a computer like i used to, thats the reason my activity changed mainly. I was doing the same youtube (actually much more often) when i was more active here too.

I also spend all day on this stuff now too, so it feels like im even more active even though its not as much on here.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #199
RCC Addict

it dosent help when a certain jobless mod throws in his smart ass comments and put everyone down.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #200
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
it dosent help when a certain jobless mod throws in his smart ass comments and put everyone down.
He's working as a produce clerk in a grocery store i think. Between that and video games he's absent from here a lot.

I used to be an admin on a local wheeling board. We had all kinds of fun, it was my E-home. When the site owner was gone the place was awesome, whenever he was around it was a shit show because he tried way too hard to fit in. He was a helluva lot like farva.

RCC's slow demise? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to understand bunt motor s demise.. 04zrx Electronics 5 03-31-2013 06:11 AM
RCC's coverage and photos badger Competitions 61 07-02-2008 09:50 AM
RCC's pictures from Montana. badger Competitions 36 06-03-2008 05:13 PM