Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #441
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rant Thread

Why is it so mother bleeping hard to give a cell phone company my money? I'm upgrading one of the devices on my account (my Mom's phone) and it's an absolute nightmare. My local store sucks and keeps nothing in stock, so I always have to do this online, and it's always this way. I got the plan changed, got the device upgrade done, and paid all via website chat. I was then forced to call customer service, and it took 45 minutes to get the shipping address changed from my address (account holder) to hers. 45 farking minutes, to get an address changed. And the girl I was talking to sounded like she had full blown TB, coughing like hell every 30sec during the process. She should have been sent home FFS, she's just going to get everyone else there sick as well, and she obviously can't focus on what she's doing anyway. God I hate cell phone providers.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #442
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Why is it so mother bleeping hard to give a cell phone company my money? I'm upgrading one of the devices on my account (my Mom's phone) and it's an absolute nightmare. My local store sucks and keeps nothing in stock, so I always have to do this online, and it's always this way. I got the plan changed, got the device upgrade done, and paid all via website chat. I was then forced to call customer service, and it took 45 minutes to get the shipping address changed from my address (account holder) to hers. 45 farking minutes, to get an address changed. And the girl I was talking to sounded like she had full blown TB, coughing like hell every 30sec during the process. She should have been sent home FFS, she's just going to get everyone else there sick as well, and she obviously can't focus on what she's doing anyway. God I hate cell phone providers.
Would you like to take a short survey following this call so we may get feedback regarding the service you received today? ;)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #443
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Would you like to take a short survey following this call so we may get feedback regarding the service you received today? ;)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
First time I've ever taken one actually, not that it will do any good. They need a negative points scale for these things.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #444
RCC Addict

I hope that every single person involved in unsolicited political calls or texts gets a flesh eating venereal disease.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #445
I wanna be Dave

F*ING COLD...

I have had the F*ING thing for three F*ING weeks... F*ING enough already!!!!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:08 AM   #446
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
F*ING COLD...

I hear you. I just got over one that lingered for about that long. I wasn't sick enough to be home but it was just enough of a cold to be constantly annoying.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #447
Rock Crawler

Quote:
F*ING COLD...

Three weeks is a long time, hope you get well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I hear you. I just got over one that lingered for about that long. I wasn't sick enough to be home but it was just enough of a cold to be constantly annoying.

Have the both of you tried taking a small amount of Vick’s vapour rub, and coating the inside of your nostrils before you go to sleep, I do it when ever I have a cold. I doesn’t get rid of the cold immediately, but you won’t wake up stuffy, and if you do, at least the mucus doesn’t make it hard to blow your nose when you wake up in the middle of the night.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #448
RCC Addict

Double header for me today.

#1 - RV. Two little letters...so much ass pain!

#2 - Came home from an event last evening to find a very old, small dog hobbling around in the yard. Had that death smell about it, only a matter of time. Great. Tried to get it moving along before the girl saw it, but no dice.

She spent 30 minutes going to all the neighbors asking if they had such a dog. No takers.

Let me interject here that I love dogs. Have always loved dogs. But I live in, and grew up in, a world of reality. In a more sane time, if you were someone who loved animals and you had or found one in pain or obviously injured or aged beyond reasonable assistance, you put it out of its misery. You didn't allow it to suffer needlessly. When I reach that point, I hope someone shoots me in the head as well.

So...girl calls animal control because it's 2018 and people really BELIEVE that animals are equal to humans so that's what you have to do (did I mention I live out on the county?). Animal control is closed, recording says call 911. Really?? So she calls 911. They connect her to animal control. WTF? Animal control says, "Well, I can come out and look at it, but I don't know what I can do. I probably can't do anything until tomorrow". Huh. Credit to the girl, she says, "Well, what the hell am I talking to you for then??". AC says they'll be out anyway.

So the chick comes out, looks at the whining dog dragging its entire rear half around in the yard, exhibits her extensive training and power of observations by saying the dog is old and doesn't seem to be doing very well.

Here's the kicker...she says she'll take the dog back to the shelter and if it's still alive in the morning she'll let the vet know, although the vet only comes to the shelter once a week.

So thanks to the whiny, overly emotionally driven present mindset of people who no longer grasp what "humane" means, the poor old dog is likely now sitting in a cold cage not understanding what's happening to it, or hopefully passed on its own last night, while people follow some process that's supposed to better than a quick gunshot the dog would never even have heard.

Quoting Alanis Morissette, "I hate the world today".
Old 10-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #449
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I'm assuming your are talking about recreational vehicles and not some other abbreviation...

Every now and then, the wife talks about how she would like to have a boat to take up to Lake Winnipesaukee. My reaction is always "Hell NO!" I view boats the same way I view swimming pools: Holes in the ground/water that you throw money into.

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #450
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I'm assuming your are talking about recreational vehicles and not some other abbreviation...
Yes, as in oversized 2004 popup camper borrowed from the girl's brother and pulled behind a Durango. Do NOT do this.

Quote:
Every now and then, the wife talks about how she would like to have a boat to take up to Lake Winnipesaukee. My reaction is always "Hell NO!" I view boats the same way I view swimming pools: Holes in the ground/water that you throw money into.

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
Boats are a whole 'nuther rant. It's said the two happiest days in a man's life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells the boat.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #451
RCC Addict

Illegals... Not much to rant about but just so sick of this s#!t. Land of opportunity shouldn't mean "Safe haven from corrupt governments, where we can seek handouts, entitlement, babysitters for our kids ( You know... schools, face-book, and X-Box's), health-care, jobs, and so much more!"

And I swear to God, if I hear "Spanish speaking associate needed at customer service" one more time, I'm gonna explode!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #452
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

#2 - Came home from an event last evening to find a very old, small dog hobbling around in the yard. Had that death smell about it, only a matter of time. Great. Tried to get it moving along before the girl saw it, but no dice.

She spent 30 minutes going to all the neighbors asking if they had such a dog. No takers.

Let me interject here that I love dogs. Have always loved dogs. But I live in, and grew up in, a world of reality. In a more sane time, if you were someone who loved animals and you had or found one in pain or obviously injured or aged beyond reasonable assistance, you put it out of its misery. You didn't allow it to suffer needlessly. When I reach that point, I hope someone shoots me in the head as well.

So...girl calls animal control because it's 2018 and people really BELIEVE that animals are equal to humans so that's what you have to do (did I mention I live out on the county?). Animal control is closed, recording says call 911. Really?? So she calls 911. They connect her to animal control. WTF? Animal control says, "Well, I can come out and look at it, but I don't know what I can do. I probably can't do anything until tomorrow". Huh. Credit to the girl, she says, "Well, what the hell am I talking to you for then??". AC says they'll be out anyway.

So the chick comes out, looks at the whining dog dragging its entire rear half around in the yard, exhibits her extensive training and power of observations by saying the dog is old and doesn't seem to be doing very well.

Here's the kicker...she says she'll take the dog back to the shelter and if it's still alive in the morning she'll let the vet know, although the vet only comes to the shelter once a week.

So thanks to the whiny, overly emotionally driven present mindset of people who no longer grasp what "humane" means, the poor old dog is likely now sitting in a cold cage not understanding what's happening to it, or hopefully passed on its own last night, while people follow some process that's supposed to better than a quick gunshot the dog would never even have heard.

Quoting Alanis Morissette, "I hate the world today".
Would you do or think the same about your dad just because he's old and close to his end?

That girl deserves a pat on her back.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Illegals... Not much to rant about but just so sick of this s#!t. Land of opportunity shouldn't mean "Safe haven from corrupt governments, where we can seek handouts, entitlement, babysitters for our kids ( You know... schools, face-book, and X-Box's), health-care, jobs, and so much more!"

And I swear to God, if I hear "Spanish speaking associate needed at customer service" one more time, I'm gonna explode!
Trump needs to make English the official language of the US. It's been far too long. In the long run it would save tons of money. Road signs, government forms, etc would have to also be reprinted in Spanish. And I wouldn't have to press 1 for English. That ****ing irks me to no end!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #454
Quarry Creeper

I've been saying it for a long time...I'm fine with immigrants coming to this country to make a better life for them, and their families. I'm not OK with illegal aliens just walking in and demanding all kinds of shit.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #455
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Trump needs to make English the official language of the US. It's been far too long. In the long run it would save tons of money. Road signs, government forms, etc would have to also be reprinted in Spanish. And I wouldn't have to press 1 for English. That ****ing irks me to no end!
You know... I've run the gambit with these damned people asking me "Habla Espanol?". And even though I can speak a little bit of it, I almost always respond with "No". I've also had them actually get shitty with me when I've shrugged my shoulders. Even to the point that several times I've had them give me the whole "Gah!!" reaction... as if they're OFFENDED that I don't or won't! I've even had them try to grab hold of me and lead me around by the arm, prattling on and on in whatever Latino dialect... as if they're going to somehow gain my sympathy and convert me!

Retail is a bad enough way to make a few bucks but over the last several years it's become an absolutely horrid challenge with "immigrants" trashing everything, wasting employees time, and acting like complete pigs... all with absolutely no conscience, no self-control, no parental integrity, etc. Where I live, the white-trash holds a solid 2nd place distinction but securing the top spot are the self-entitled "immigrants".
Old 10-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
You know... I've run the gambit with these damned people asking me "Habla Espanol?". And even though I can speak a little bit of it, I almost always respond with "No". I've also had them actually get shitty with me when I've shrugged my shoulders. Even to the point that several times I've had them give me the whole "Gah!!" reaction... as if they're OFFENDED that I don't or won't! I've even had them try to grab hold of me and lead me around by the arm, prattling on and on in whatever Latino dialect... as if they're going to somehow gain my sympathy and convert me!

Retail is a bad enough way to make a few bucks but over the last several years it's become an absolutely horrid challenge with "immigrants" trashing everything, wasting employees time, and acting like complete pigs... all with absolutely no conscience, no self-control, no parental integrity, etc. Where I live, the white-trash holds a solid 2nd place distinction but securing the top spot are the self-entitled "immigrants".
The language barrier also becomes a safety issue and a potential legal issue.

When cops and paramedics respond to accidents, for example, the injured may only speak Spanish. It is not anybody citizen's responsibility IMO to speak anything other than Spanish. If Eduardo can't tell Mrs. Police Officer or Mr. EMT what is wrong I say let them be. But then that person or their family will get a lawyer involved and sue everybody to compensate them for not speaking Spanish. It's absolutely disgusting.

Way back when I was in high school they told me I needed a foreign language to graduate. I refused. I said that I wasn't taking a foreign language, period, and if that caused and issue with my graduation then we would have a real problem. And then they said they were looking out for my best interest and colleges probably wouldn't accept me without one. I said that I felt comfortable enough with my academic credentials that I didn't need a foreign language. And if a college didn't accept me because I didn't have a foreign language than I didn't want to go to that college. Needless to say I graduated from high school with honors and went to a major university, well-known for its engineering program, and I spent 2 or 3 years in their honors program until I voluntarily left that program (the work become more than the benefit of the program) and I graduated with an engineering degree all without a secondary language.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 10-22-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #457
RCC Addict

Absolutely! ^^^
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #458
I wanna be Dave

1 metro pcs does not have coverage inside my facility ( have to go outside )

2 my internet is limited to FB and YT at work. So i cant go on any forums on my laptop anymore. Wtf.. It should be the opposite way around!

(2 edit: after the firm email I sent to IT, my forums are back)

Last edited by CM9000; 10-22-2018 at 03:37 PM.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #459
I wanna be Dave

Engineers...

I work around a lot of engineers, some are good, but a lot are not. The worst are the ones that are arrogant and lazy, they KNOW the part is right until I go to install it and it doesn't fit. So after two weeks of machining time, delaying the project, and needlessly spending money, they could have avoid the issue all together if they would have just gotten up off their ass, left their office and actually taken a measurement before having the machine shop make the damn thing.

Oddly enough, I would like to use my GI Bill and get my engineering degree, but this is a terrible place for colleges. Having see first hand the products of the University of Idaho, I can say I would get a better education going back to junior high. We have an electronics engineer that does not understand Ohm's Law...

With that, here is a conversation that happened today between two of our engineers...

Engineer 1: Wow, I didn't think that those 10'x10' panels would be so big...

Engineer 2: How big did you think a 10'x10' panel would be?

Engineer 1:
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM   #460

Quote:
Engineers...

I work around a lot of engineers, some are good, but a lot are not. The worst are the ones that are arrogant and lazy, they KNOW the part is right until I go to install it and it doesn't fit. So after two weeks of machining time, delaying the project, and needlessly spending money, they could have avoid the issue all together if they would have just gotten up off their ass, left their office and actually taken a measurement before having the machine shop make the damn thing.

Oddly enough, I would like to use my GI Bill and get my engineering degree, but this is a terrible place for colleges. Having see first hand the products of the University of Idaho, I can say I would get a better education going back to junior high. We have an electronics engineer that does not understand Ohm's Law...

With that, here is a conversation that happened today between two of our engineers...

Engineer 1: Wow, I didn't think that those 10'x10' panels would be so big...

Engineer 2: How big did you think a 10'x10' panel would be?

Engineer 1:
A lot of people, period, aren't good. Engineers, doctors, trash men, cashiers, McDonald's workers, etc. That isn't exclusive to engineers.

But, yes, most engineers are notoriously lazy in one way or another.

Most people think they can do an engineer's job, but in reality most people can't. Do engineers make mistakes? Definitely. But they are humans after all.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 10-23-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM