Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #1441
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Where the hell does this crap stop?

Went to pay my insurance today... Policy renew time... Up $312 over last year. They say "Well the cost of claims has risen significantly and the cost of vehicles and parts has risen... blah blah... and if you look at other insurance companies and their rising rates, we're not going up as much as them". I get it but Judas Priest... my wife hasn't had a raise in over a year ... and it was a dollar... a f#@k!ng dollar!

And at the grocery... Jesus. I dunno how it is that there is nothing in place to put some kind of brakes on this insanity but I can't even afford a weeks worth of meals anymore.. much less snacks each week. And that's buying almost all off-brand/ store brand goods and coming home with hardly anything to put in the fridge/ pantry.

Fifty six years and I've NEVER seen prices on just about everything so out of control. Must just be me though because I swear... brand new decked-out TRD's and F250s, and high-end sedans as far as I can see. Dunno how people are able to be driving $70k vehicles these days. I haven't even been able to afford to do a much needed brake job on my wife's car for the past few months. Even a $20 HH motor is out of reach these days.

I'm just so damn sick of being squeezed at every turn.. rant over
I hear ya and I have had enough too! Sad what has become of this great country! I'm not sure how families with multiple kids are able to afford living these days. Luckily my kids are grown now and it is only the wife and I living in our home. This shit needs to end ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Listening to the Prez and the Cackles, the Constantly High VP try to tell me they've lowered our utility bills is utter fantasy land. We're governed by unserious people with no basis in realty. Until that changes, expect the screwing to continue.
This IS the problem! Them in the high castle that pretend to be in charge are living in the F--king twilight zone and we Americans are paying the price for their incompetence!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2023, 08:31 AM   #1442
Rock Stacker

Those who voted for this scumbag are just as much to blame.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:06 AM   #1443
Rock Crawler

I get all this way too well.

We live pretty modest based on our income. But thankfully I saw this coming. I knew during covid and especially when the results of the last presidential election came in exactly where we were headed and I called it right.

Sad thing is while we were staying with the wife's parents when we moved back to this area while getting situated and house hunting we paid for all groceries. Before and during initial covid. Bought a house and now we spend as much if not more just for the 4 of us for groceries and we were feeding 2 more adults plus when people came over back then.

If it wasn't for the fact my wife has gotten 15% in raises in the last 2 yrs and me about 25% between promotion and raises we'd be living no better than we were before moving here for new jobs.

Problem is this isn't going to change, not going to get "better" other than the rate of inflation may go back to normal. But prices aren't ever going to come back down cause population as a whole just pisses away money anyways. Only way things will really change is if people start flat out refusing to pay the insane prices for everything.

Government is only part of the problem and a pretty small part of it. The problem is people complaining but not taking real action like holding their money and going "cancel culture" on the companies pulling the bs. Along with voting using their brains, not whatever the TV tells them will make them a better person that week (goes for both sides, not just one)

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #1444
I wanna be Dave

Very annoyed...

I ordered a custom electronics product off of one of our best small-business vendors. I have done this sort of business with him before, and he really is a great guy to work with... This rant IS NOT about this vendor...

This vendor is VERY responsive, and it took two days between getting the money for the product, to customizing it for me, to getting it into the mail. Then I wait... As stated, I have done business with this guy before and normally receive the product in just a couple of days. After about 10 days after he said it was in the mail I start to get worried. I love living in this area, but the postal system here, for some reason, is jackf**kedretarded. Packages will arrive at the local hub, the get sent to Seattle, San Francisco, or even Denver, then get sent back. Sometimes this trip is made several times before the package gets on the correct truck. Finally, 12 days after it was put in the mail it arrives at my local post office.

There was a package slip in my box this morning (post office is open from 11-12 on Saturdays). With a little bounce in my step I walk up to the counter and hand the slip to the postal worker. She retrieves the package and needs to scan it, but it is not scanning and has to get another scanner. With package still out of reach I can see it does not seem quite right. What I ordered isn't terribly big, but there should be a noticeable bulge in the padded envelope, and I am not seeing any. Finally the bar-code scans and she hands me the envelope... There is a sticker on the package saying that it was inspected by customs, and the bottom of the envelope is cut open... and there is nothing in side.

I show the envelope to the postal worker and tell her there is nothing inside, and that it has been cut open. She, and the post master, both of which have proven themselves equally worthless, say there is nothing they can do except give me a phone number to call. I ask if there are any notes on the package in the computer, the post master tells me that I should have brought the open envelope to their attention before the package was scanned because they cannot look at its information anymore.

Needless to say, I am a very unhappy camper. The vendor, who is as prudent as he is professional insured the electronics, so hopefully he can get the money back. But, who knows how long that will take.

Last edited by Greatscott; 04-01-2023 at 07:31 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:21 AM   #1445
I wanna be Dave

Are people selling on eBay high?!

After seeing OSRC’s Telluride build, I got the itch to build something similar while leaving my Telluride as a pseudo scale trail truck. So searching eBay for a brushed Stampede 4x4 that is used, partially parted out, or some only nets vehicles that are comparable in price to a brand new, RTR truck from A-Main with full electronics, including batteries. Are people actually buying at prices like that or do eVay sellers have Vintage Mopar Syndrome and thing that they gave gold on their shelves?!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #1446
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Are people selling on eBay high?!

After seeing OSRC’s Telluride build, I got the itch to build something similar while leaving my Telluride as a pseudo scale trail truck. So searching eBay for a brushed Stampede 4x4 that is used, partially parted out, or some only nets vehicles that are comparable in price to a brand new, RTR truck from A-Main with full electronics, including batteries. Are people actually buying at prices like that or do eVay sellers have Vintage Mopar Syndrome and thing that they gave gold on their shelves?!

I think some of it comes down to eBay completely bending sellers over on fees.

I’m not sure how regular small business type stores can afford to sell there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 05:31 PM   #1447
I wanna be Dave

I just got off the phone with FEDEX... Not only did I use every sailor word I know, but I made a few up just for this occasion...

If you need assistance that is beyond the canned responses the computer expects, or, if you REALLY need to talk with a human, standby for some good times... If a heart attack was in my immediate future, I would have had it while I was trying to navigate their phone system... And, after so many tries of not being able to help you, FEDEX's phone system will hang up on you...
Old 02-01-2024, 12:01 AM   #1448
RCC Addict

Wow 9 months without any rants… well I got one. I’ve been in the market for a Klx110L and I can get one brand new out the door for around idk $4,000 so what makes these people think that their 2004 klx110 is worth $2500-3000.. I’d rather walk in out $1000 down and pay a $130 a month for a couple years and have something with a warranty. Then I find what looks like a pretty clean tastefully upgraded 2016 model for $1500 that needs a couple things, couldn’t reach him so my brother reached out, he replies, arrange a meetup with me, Then agrees to sell it to my brother the night before. Oh and it’s not a 2016, it’s a 2010 when he’s headed to pick it up he felt the need to disclose that. I can’t stand people smh

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:13 AM   #1449
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Wow 9 months without any rants… well I got one. I’ve been in the market for a Klx110L and I can get one brand new out the door for around idk $4,000 so what makes these people think that their 2004 klx110 is worth $2500-3000.. I’d rather walk in out $1000 down and pay a $130 a month for a couple years and have something with a warranty. Then I find what looks like a pretty clean tastefully upgraded 2016 model for $1500 that needs a couple things, couldn’t reach him so my brother reached out, he replies, arrange a meetup with me, Then agrees to sell it to my brother the night before. Oh and it’s not a 2016, it’s a 2010 when he’s headed to pick it up he felt the need to disclose that. I can’t stand people smh

Dunno man, so things are just way overpriced a crossed the board. There are some niches that have an overblow "I know what I got..." attitude.

Jeeps are a good example. I had a Wrangle 4-banger many moons ago. It ran well, game me 4WD when I needed it, and aside from the gas mileage, was a good commuter vehicle when you live in the back country. But, we decided we no longer needed it, and sold it.
Now I am wanting a 3rd vehicle, nothing fancy, something like my old Jeep. The prices for these things used are insane. A 1994 4-cyl Wrangler for $10k... wft? These things sit of FB Marketplace for months. Those that I have looked at need work beyond my skill, or are rotted out with Krylon over the top.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:17 AM   #1450

Turn off your effing high beams! I don't care that new cars have bright headlights and your POS 1999 Toyota Camry with the black primer quarter panel does not. Don't be a scumbag and install LED bulbs in halogen housings and then drive the eff around with your high beams on. I will blast you with my much brighter, 2024 headlights and I will drive directly at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
This is why I buy new vehicles. The used prices are way too close to brand new prices. And I know how much I abuse and neglect all of my vehicles. You do NOT want to own a 1:1 that I have owned. I can promise you that. I'll take new with a warranty. I tend to keep my vehicles for a minimum of 10 years anyway.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:26 PM   #1451
RCC Addict

Well I don’t know why I should be surprised. People who know me, know how shitty my luck is. People that don’t, doesn’t take long for them to realize it. Bought an 07 Tahoe off my buddy with known engine issues.. no big deal. Have the heads fixed. Then the rear end is making noise. Fix that and have it done tlc. Been driving it the last 3 days and everything was great until I drove put of town tonight. I’m 20 minutes from home and it starts making a tapping noise from deep inside the engine.. fml. Now I spend a bunch more money or I hope to baby Jesus it doesn’t set a check engine light so I can get it in my name and sell it to break even

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:09 AM   #1452
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Turn off your effing high beams! I don't care that new cars have bright headlights and your POS 1999 Toyota Camry with the black primer quarter panel does not. Don't be a scumbag and install LED bulbs in halogen housings and then drive the eff around with your high beams on. I will blast you with my much brighter, 2024 headlights and I will drive directly at you.
Up here in the woods of North 'Ho... A.K.A, "God's Country", our good-ol boys have discovered the joys of bolt-on LED light kits; this is, of course, right after they discovered the joys of electricity and indoor outhouses. But, I digress... These boys think any kind of inclement weather, from a mild mist to a full-blow blizzard is excuse enough to run these VERY BRIGHT LED lights in leu of their normal headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is why I buy new vehicles. The used prices are way too close to brand new prices. And I know how much I abuse and neglect all of my vehicles. You do NOT want to own a 1:1 that I have owned. I can promise you that. I'll take new with a warranty. I tend to keep my vehicles for a minimum of 10 years anyway.
Yup, I understand the mechanics of how a car operates, but I am not a mechanic. I can do the basics and turn wrenches with best of them, but diving into an engine, not for me. It does not matter how much I prep, I always make a mess, and I hate that. This is the reason I always buy new, and fully understand that I am paying more for that service.

Side rant, but related... People say you are stupid for buying an extended warranty. I very much disagree. I bought a lifetime bumper-to-pumper on my 2018 F-150, it ran me $3k. I have put over $23K of work on that warranty, and have more coming.

Last edited by Greatscott; 03-15-2024 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:17 AM   #1453
I wanna be Dave

I've had my Subaru so long it's had so many water pumps and timing belts the bolt holes are stripped and bolts are falling out with the treads still attached to the bolt like the timing belt tensioner pulley bolt that was fun lol
it's had so many clutches and I have had the engine out so many times I can't count but I have repaired the threads on the exhaust about 10 times already everything from taping new threads to buying repair studs and hellicoiling them and they still pulled out some of the engine bolts fell out along time ago good thing I don't need all of them lol
I don't sell my cars after I'm done with them there's nothing left to sell
the only rig I ever had that had a warranty the dealer canceled 2 weeks in to it or I should say tryed to cancel it the manager at the dealer got a little crazy on me and in big black marker wrote void on my warranty file 15 minutes later he got a call from the executive board warranty reinstated lol
but I still did my own work on that rig F Ford including rebuilding that engine

Last edited by ferp420; 03-15-2024 at 09:22 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:28 PM   #1454
I wanna be Dave

When I was taking college algebra in high school, I asked myself, "When am I ever going to use this?"

After retiring from one career, and in the middle of a second, I am taking college algebra again and asking myself, "When did I ever use this?"

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM