Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #21

Default Re: New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA

I just skimmed the page. It seems like somebody involved with SORRCA whined that these new rules were too similar and the guys gave up. I'm not surprised if that's true. SORRCA is the fun police of the hobby.

You only need one rule and that's wheel size. 1.55, 1.9 and 2.2. The more rules you add the more people you alienate.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Well according to Facebook they are back up and running again. Seems that all the people begging them to stay around worked. IMO if you are going to put something out there like this you better be ready for the drama/idiots, can't retreat at the first sign of a hiccup.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

a fix to having fun in tiny trucking again would be to run the scale rules associated with RCCA (WRCCA). its as simple as it can get folks. I, myself, will not ever go to a sorrca based event.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Reading through the rules, I cannot see anything that would make competing "more fun".

Three class are a pain in the butt, but it generalized the trucks in to logical groups. Somehow going to five classes, and providing five sets of judges is going to make things more fun?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #25
BDR
Quarry Creeper

****ing needy bitches..........they are worse than my sister in law i swear to god

Post a set of rules, few hours later start crying that not every one is super positive, few hours later come back and so "ok we will keep going only if ya nice"

Christ for a set of rules that are just SORRCA in a new coat, they seem to take them selves pretty seriously

What is it with rule makers that get crabby every time some one doesn't agree with them?

c0 must be a joke surely, want uber scale awesome.......doesn't want realistic suspension IE: Hilux body leaf springs, Jeep body separate coils and shocks
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Good for them. Several of the new rules were just silly and easily skirted.

Class 0 is something that has been asked for so I understand putting that in. Their Class 2 seems pretty close to a "box stock" class that has also been asked for too.

No reverse penalty is interesting...I kinda liked having that because it made choosing the right line while setting yourself up for the next gate a bit more challenging.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I've seen it referenced a few times that rcsa is basically a slightly modified version of the 2014 rule book from sorcca. Ya gotta ask yourself if thats the case why did sorcca change since then? They've gone further into hyper scale and that is all done by the committee. So what has changed with the committee starting in 2015?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I've seen it referenced a few times that rcsa is basically a slightly modified version of the 2014 rule book from sorcca. Ya gotta ask yourself if thats the case why did sorcca change since then? They've gone further into hyper scale and that is all done by the committee. So what has changed with the committee starting in 2015?
When scale accessories becoming more important than driving performance I think there's something wrong.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:01 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:

You haven't changed since 2014? Your comp rigs haven't changed since 2014?
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:19 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
You haven't changed since 2014? Your comp rigs haven't changed since 2014?
Have I changed? Sure. Have comp rigs changed? Yes. Have comp (shafty/moa/sthuper) rules changed? Nope. Other than dropping bodiless chassis in shafty like 5 years ago the rules really haven't changed much since like 2006.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There's definitely a contingent of the committee that has pushed the rules to be more and more scale oriented over the years. Part of that is a natural reaction to people incorporating more parts and ideas from the comp scene, and the other part is that there are a number of folks who want to beat the shit out of their models on a comp course and can't understand why everyone doesn't agree with them. I think there's a good mix of folks now who will push things more in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
a fix to having fun in tiny trucking again would be to run the scale rules associated with RCCA (WRCCA). its as simple as it can get folks. I, myself, will not ever go to a sorrca based event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
When scale accessories becoming more important than driving performance I think there's something wrong.
Quote:

You only need one rule and that's wheel size. 1.55, 1.9 and 2.2. The more rules you add the more people you alienate.
So do comp crawlers and quit your bitching.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
So do comp crawlers and quit your bitching.
You come to this site expecting there to not be any bitching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
So, what exactly was the '1% negative' and why does that matter? Why the cryptic soapbox message? Why didn't they just say, "We didn't like what [so-and-so] said so we took our bat and ball and went home."

John Holmes? The guy always seemed like he knew what he was talking about. The rest of 'em I've never heard of. [shrug]
Dan Davidson owns Beef Tubes and Mike Kirby owns K&K hardware. Both good guys. And if you weren't aware John Holmes owns Holmes Hobbies.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Fair
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
My sentiment exactly, which is why I never built a U4RC Trophy 2.2 rig. Keeping things scale levels the playing field, I get that. Being able to push the performance envelope helps with innovation and the evolution of the sport. Had I built it, I would had to have raced it in the "run what you brung" class, anything goes with vehicle power, scale, rig type....... provided there were enough entries to even race. Disclaimer was if all racers in the class agreed to allow me to race with them. Didn't see that happening.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

This new "rule" group is pure silliness. Them canceling the group already just proves this new group has no idea what their doing or the mindset to grasp creating new rules.... just pushing their own agenda, networking with other vendors and trying to build an audience of people that *itch about SORRCA rules that don't even comp.

I hope manufacturers and the public takes note of the individuals trying to divide the hobby for their own gains and trying to disguise it as "making the hobby better".

Ok, back to building.....

Last edited by justinart24; 02-28-2018 at 10:58 AM.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:15 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
This new "rule" group is pure silliness. Them canceling the group already just proves this new group has no idea what their doing or the mindset to grasp creating new rules.... just pushing their own agenda, networking with other vendors and trying to build an audience of people that *itch about SORRCA rules that don't even comp.

I hope manufacturers and the public takes note of the individuals trying to divide the hobby for their own gains and trying to disguise it as "making the hobby better".

Simple rules are better. Even if they are doing it for personal gain that doesn't mean the average person doesn't benefit.

I don't see how it divide this hobby any farther. Some comps run SORRCA rules. Most don't. I don't see much changing.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #37
Sinking with the ship

I know John and Mike on a personal level and I don't believe either of them are trying to divide the hobby at all...

I stood with John this weekend at the Ultimate Scale Truck Expo while Jerome from JS Scale discussed with John getting product over to them in France. Then Jerome showed John the electronics set up in their debuted Cherokee Chief, which was a very unique system from Germany with integrated light control and sound etc. It also used a multichannel system where the drag brake is basically on its own channel so you can decide the level on intensity on the fly. When Jerome got done explaining it and John checked it out and even played with it some his response was "That is really cool, I always like seeing other companies products, thanks for showing me"... If that makes you think the guy is trying to divide the hobby then YOU need your head examined

I have a feeling this all came out due to the USTE event which is NOT a competition but rather focuses on the Vendors and their product, and driving your Tiny Truck on very realistic scale courses with zero rules or drama. The ONLY aspect of competition through out the weekend is a GCM Racing show and shine gallery, where GCM has a half dozen categories such as "Best Engine Bay" "Best metal work" "Best Paint/weathering" "Best detail" etc and everyone lines all their rigs up, they are then voted on by placing small banners in the appropriate category on the truck. After all the votes are out they take all the trucks who are now semi finalist and they all band together and vote a winner for each class.

They do a side by side drag race course with provided box stock axial trucks, a rally course with TF2s, and this year an expedition course which the only rule was that you had to take a pic with all 20 signs and your rig and had 4 hours to complete the trail

other then that there are 7 courses for you to play on, no rules or restrictions on your trucks, no one cares how many times you back up, hand of god is encourage in order to not wreck your "doll house" truck...

on Saturday they had 186 people who showed up, registered, and tiny trucked it...

I didnt hear one single bitch out of any person there... everyone had a great time and there were plenty of doll house trucks andddddd there was still wraiths and chinese knock twin hammer looking things running around... because the event organizers dont care what you bring as long as you have fun. The only thing they will tell you is that the courses are geared for class 0-2 style trucks so if you show up with a wraith or a class 3 style truck you may be bored...

At the end of the days these guys are trying to bring back the simple and the fun...They achieve this with this event, and this was my 2nd year going and IS the one event I will attend EVERY year...not just because I build doll house trucks but because there is NO BS.

With that said, I believe this is what the guys were trying to do when they formed this new association.

KISS, fun, drama free, BS free... I hope they have the success they desire

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 02-28-2018 at 12:44 PM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:45 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
There's definitely a contingent of the committee that has pushed the rules to be more and more scale oriented over the years. Part of that is a natural reaction to people incorporating more parts and ideas from the comp scene, and the other part is that there are a number of folks who want to beat the shit out of their models on a comp course and can't understand why everyone doesn't agree with them. I think there's a good mix of folks now who will push things more in the right direction.

Yea one scale builder whos also on here so I won't bother putting him on blast was bitching that the 30 scale point limit isn't fair to those that like hyper scale 60+ point rigs. Build whatever you want but there won't be any extra handicapping against those that choose not to as there is now.

Quote:

It isn't cancelled at all. Well it is on warcrc of course since you promised to delete any reference to anything but sorcca.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:

Who is gaining from this?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

No dolls for me, action figures ....
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
even gayer than sorcca

New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Control Crawling Association Vehicle Definitions and Judging JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Rules 45 06-09-2018 12:02 AM
Scale 4x4 R/C Official Club Association speedemall Maryland 2 03-03-2009 02:26 PM
Arizona Radio Control Rock Crawler Association Crawlerdude75 Chit Chat 48 07-08-2007 12:07 AM
NARRCA (northern arizona radio control crawlers association rockwerks Chit Chat 2 08-08-2006 08:08 AM