Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New Axial "Something"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #41

Default Re: New Axial "Something"???

Good videos make even junk products look cool. It looks decent in this video, but it has the Yeti donkey kick.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Maybe this will inspire me to finally get around to finishing the one I started building like a year and a half ago.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Thats like mine except mines on a mini slash chassis.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:06 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Meh...
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #45
~THE SCALE SHOP~

as tall as it is wide. will be on its side and lid constantly.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Well it's Axial so...

I have to say it actually looks pretty good for as good as these golf karts can look, but the shocks are out of scale and the Can-Am Maverick has independent rear suspension. It's a definite no buy from me.

I read Hemistorm say that it has better electronics and better plastics. Definitely doesn't sound like we are getting better electronics, but...better plastics?! Is this the start of Axial getting Losi/Horizon/Vaterra plastics?!

Of coarse he says that, he gets free stuff from them, or at least a sneak peak so he can leak it and get more views, and more money from them. I hate the age we are in where every post, every video, everything is about monetizing youtube feeds. You can't trust a dam thing anymore.

At least here there is enough people that someone who doesn't GAF will call it like they see it.

I want very much to see horizon push out some cool new products, but I really thing those in charge of product development are out of touch with scale.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #47
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Good videos make even junk products look cool. It looks decent in this video, but it has the Yeti donkey kick.

It’s true. Too many slow motion scenes are hiding how awkward and clumsy it is in real time.

I am sure there must be a demographic for that thing. My concern is that is might serve better as a scale golf cart
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #48
RCC Addict

I wonder if they could have just taken a Mini 8ight and made the X3 body for it. I guess they still wanted the trailing arm look but to me it seems like a compromise for handling to use the Yeti JR platform.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I really want to like this. I really wanted a Yeti jr. If this has better electronics (no Lipo, fine, but if it doesn't burn up after an hour, then yes, it is better) and better plastics, then why not re-release the Yeti Jr too? Maybe they will?
Me too, original YetiJR compared to LaTrax SST at LHS, I bought the SST and in several years of hard bashing only broken couple cvds. Cost like $6 per pair, replaced in minutes at the lake.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I just don't get it. Who is this for, and what do they expect? If it's just an attempt at getting rid of old parts.... ok. Even at $150, this seems like a stretch. For $50 more, I'd just pick up a Associated CR-12
Or a Barrage kit for $30 more!

(build a Barrage with a CR12 Toyota cab, cage the back half, wedge a HH Snubnose Revolver in there... ATVs/UTvs are booooring)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #51
RCC Addict

I'm gonna take a pass on this.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Of coarse he says that, he gets free stuff from them, or at least a sneak peak so he can leak it and get more views, and more money from them. I hate the age we are in where every post, every video, everything is about monetizing youtube feeds. You can't trust a dam thing anymore.

At least here there is enough people that someone who doesn't GAF will call it like they see it.

I want very much to see horizon push out some cool new products, but I really thing those in charge of product development are out of touch with scale.
The masses usually suck down any Kool-Aid that Axial sells. If you checkout their Facebook page the masses are Luke warm about this release at best. I think that speaks volumes.

I wonder if this is Horizon's first Axial product or if it's HobbiCo's leftovers.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Is it my eyes, or are the shocks doing next to nothing? No suspension travel dialed in, especially up front. COG concerns maybe?

Not just you. I did not see much response from the front suspension. I'm not surprised, considering this is a pretty small vehicle.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:18 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
The masses usually suck down any Kool-Aid that Axial sells. If you checkout their Facebook page the masses are Luke warm about this release at best. I think that speaks volumes.

I wonder if this is Horizon's first Axial product or if it's HobbiCo's leftovers.

Well it is funny you say that. On certain kool aid FB pages like the SBG there was a look warm response which isnt typical for those that follow that page, the horizon page there was a much warmer response. I noticed the split on a few other pages. I wonder what the Canam page's response.

This was definitely not well though out product. Rich over on the axialfest page commented that people are sitting around waiting for Horizon to fail, however personally I want to see them succeed and turn out more cool products to buy an play with. But seeing this product is a failure in my eyes. If and this is a big if, axial included a 1/10 scale trailer and sold this as an accessory to a 1/10 scale truck I think that it would be more marketable.

I can't speak for all of you, but I can not imagine any of you want mass produced crawlers to go away, otherwise we won't have the variety.

Redcats drop in price on there almost roller is certainly a step in the right direction for consumers. Competition is supposed to drive prices down, Horizon should take note of the cell phone world, people are not buying the newest greatest phone anymore, they are holding on to older models longer. I don't think this trend is limited to phones.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:18 AM   #55

Vehicles this small don't usually have enough mass for the suspension to react the same way larger vechicle suspensions do.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Well it is funny you say that. On certain kool aid FB pages like the SBG there was a look warm response which isnt typical for those that follow that page, the horizon page there was a much warmer response. I noticed the split on a few other pages. I wonder what the Canam page's response.

This was definitely not well though out product. Rich over on the axialfest page commented that people are sitting around waiting for Horizon to fail, however personally I want to see them succeed and turn out more cool products to buy an play with. But seeing this product is a failure in my eyes. If and this is a big if, axial included a 1/10 scale trailer and sold this as an accessory to a 1/10 scale truck I think that it would be more marketable.

I can't speak for all of you, but I can not imagine any of you want mass produced crawlers to go away, otherwise we won't have the variety.

Redcats drop in price on there almost roller is certainly a step in the right direction for consumers. Competition is supposed to drive prices down, Horizon should take note of the cell phone world, people are not buying the newest greatest phone anymore, they are holding on to older models longer. I don't think this trend is limited to phones.
I have to laugh when I see SBG pushing products like this when you know it's so far out of the realm of that page. Almost nobody on SBG is going to GAF about this Yeti Jr. SxS. But hey I'd push it if I got one free.

I also saw UTV Action Mag on Facebook post this Yeti Jr. and said there was a solid rear axle Can-Am Maverick. No mention of RC until you clicked the link. I thought that was really strange.

Horizon isn't going to fail anytime soon. They have their shit together and always have. I don't know why people would want them to fail. So many brands would die along with them and the entire market would take a huge hit. Traxxas would be the only top tier company left with a scaler. I think a lot of Axial diehards are somehow mad at Horizon for taking over Axial. The alternative would be no Axial. I do truly think this is the best thing that has ever happened to Axial and I expect good things in the future from Axial/Horizon.

Personally, I still buy top shelf phones. I think Redcat's hand was forced with the price reduction. They were competing, head to head, with the top tier brands in this industry and Redcat simply isn't there yet. They could have kept their chassis the same price as the SCX10 II and Venture kits, but it wouldn't have sold well.

Quote:
Vehicles this small don't usually have enough mass for the suspension to react the same way larger vechicle suspensions do.
You can change the springs, pistons and/or oil and certainly get the suspension close at any weight. I think the shocks are massive in diameter for this chassis.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Saw this...thought of you fellas...

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #58
20K Club

Quote:
Jesus, if Axial made a Dancing Rider I think Josh's head would explode. You'd never see anything else on his channel again.
This came up on my daily search for Dancing Riders, was there something new?!

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:59 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Lol...^^^^^^

Let’s get over it...what a boring POS
really...like we want a new comp class...

Come on Axial...hell even an FOFF would have generated more interest, this is more like a radio shack entry

Pretty lame
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:04 AM   #60
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i cant wait to smash one with my UDR
#realscalesuspension
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial "Something"??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM