Notices

Thread: New Axial "Something"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Axial "Something"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Exactly. There's always been a fairly steady demand for solid axle monster trucks, and now combined with the mud truck craze, having a "builder's kit" version of the SMT10 seems like it would make a lot of sense to me. Horizon would avoid the licensing costs of not only the body but of the tires, and the manual should be a relatively straightforward adaptation of the existing manual.

Come on... do it. Do it.
^^THIS! Jconcepts keeps adding new monster truck tires and bodies to an already excellent selection, and people need a platform to put them on besides the Clod. Granted, there are a handful of other options like the MST MTX-1, but based on popularity and aftermarket support it's really just the Clod or the SMT10, and the Clod chassis doesn't have much scale appeal.

I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't hesitate to pre-order an SMT10 kit, and I wouldn't be very price-sensitive about it either.

I'll stop spamming the forum about this subject now
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
^^THIS! Jconcepts keeps adding new monster truck tires and bodies to an already excellent selection, and people need a platform to put them on besides the Clod. Granted, there are a handful of other options like the MST MTX-1, but based on popularity and aftermarket support it's really just the Clod or the SMT10, and the Clod chassis doesn't have much scale appeal.

I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't hesitate to pre-order an SMT10 kit, and I wouldn't be very price-sensitive about it either.

I'll stop spamming the forum about this subject now
The Clod segment is still hot and filled with aftermarket racing chassis. There isn't much out there in terms of scale chassis that I've seen. Some come close, but the SMT10 was the coolest IMO. The KK1 and KK2 were great, but they are no longer being sold for some odd reason. As long as Axial keeps selling the chassis/cage pieces you can build an SMT10. It's just a new chassis that rides on AR60 axles and Yeti trailing arms. Of course, piecing it all together isn't cheap.

JConcepts has blown me away with all of their monster truck tires. I was surprised to see two from them and now we're up to 4 different 2.6" monster truck tires from them! Simply awesome. I think a big part of that is because the owner loves monster trucks himself. Rumor has it that he now owns Bigfoot 8, but I'm not sure if that's true. Buy up the MT tires you want before it ultimately crashes and NIP JConcepts MT tires are going for a premium!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
TAs long as Axial keeps selling the chassis/cage pieces you can build an SMT10.

I saw on FB a new sanctioning body for RC mud trucks and monster truck racing, complete with multiple classes.

People really dig them.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial "Something"??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM