Notices

Thread: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
You know, I got a little something to say. This is the last thing I'm saying in this thread too.

It doesn't take much effort to post up pictures of a build here, let alone repost if it was deleted.

Hell, I post my projects that I care about even if nobody reacts, or replies to it. This forum is a loaded information sack of saline you can inject into your brain as long as you can stand it. With that being said, you AND others can come back to a thread and have a look, get ideas, figure out where you messed up, do a throwback build, blah blah blah.. the list goes on.

Post up a tech filled thread again. I bet you $100 bucks THX_138 wont delete it if you go easy on the remarks and don't break a rule doing it.

You had a cool rig goin man.
Thank you! I appreciate it, I'll never post my build thread on this site again, so you can stop asking. Since you seem so interested, it is being continued in a different part of the interwebz if you so choose to find it. I'm sure it will be easy because it seems like one of the hotter topics of the scale crawler community right now.
jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #62
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywachter View Post
Thank you! I appreciate it, I'll never post my build thread on this site again, so you can stop asking. Since you seem so interested, it is being continued in a different part of the interwebz if you so choose to find it. I'm sure it will be easy because it seems like one of the hotter topics of the scale crawler community right now.

I wish that wasn’t the case as I feel like it’ll be harder to follow on Instagram which is where I found it.

I am in talks with Jason who actually owns this forum, I discussed things that have been going on here and used your thread as a reference. It would be great if you did post it back up, Or i can restore your deleted one and move it back and you can continue it.

I am hoping after tomorrow I will have some better news on this place and it’s future.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #63
RCC Addict

I really hope this place survives and is around for years to come, there are so many good people here with so much know-how and so much good old info that it would be a shame to see it all go away. There is hardly a day that I'm not on here multiple times just to see who's building what and what's new.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Please don't die RCC!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I wish that wasn’t the case as I feel like it’ll be harder to follow on Instagram which is where I found it.

I am in talks with Jason who actually owns this forum, I discussed things that have been going on here and used your thread as a reference. It would be great if you did post it back up, Or i can restore your deleted one and move it back and you can continue it.

I am hoping after tomorrow I will have some better news on this place and it’s future.
That's great news, if it does get revived, I will continue it. Ill stick to the rules and only show the build of it, nothing to do with sales or feelers whatsoever. That's what I originally wanted.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I really hope this place survives and is around for years to come, there are so many good people here with so much know-how and so much good old info that it would be a shame to see it all go away. There is hardly a day that I'm not on here multiple times just to see who's building what and what's new.
Im the same way lol. If im waitin for my next load of concrete, gravel for a customer or even waitin to get a load at the quarry, ill jump on here to check out whos doin wat with thier build. Im still waitin on some parts for a build ive been wantin to do n im goina start a thread on it. Plus the thread ive got on the thunder tiger xs i aquired will be gettin a update soon too

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Default IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Quote:
That's great news, if it does get revived, I will continue it. Ill stick to the rules and only show the build of it, nothing to do with sales or feelers whatsoever. That's what I originally wanted.

You could also buy a vendor star, sell 27 kits here, and be rich. Like, head to toe Prada, ‘Benz in the driveway, yacht on the water...

All in due time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
You could also buy a vendor star, sell 27 kits here, and be rich. Like, head to toe Prada, ‘Benz in the driveway, yacht on the water...

All in due time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a vendor on a different forum, also on a different website im getting a ton of interest, so I wont need a vendor star here. It literally wouldn't be worth the money at this point. They missed out. Id still love to share the build with everyone here though.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #69
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I thought all new members had a 30 post period where your posts had to be mod approved. This is another legacy system that was supposed to prevent you from gaining access to the classifieds by just spamming "nice" in 30 different threads, but since posts in Chit Chat don't contribute to your post count then IDK what happens.
Pending approval posts seem to come at random. Spammers seem to make it through pretty easily, but not the people that actually want to contribute.

As far as I know, we don't get notices that posts need approval. I only see them if I stumble across them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #70
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
If the cumulative 1.75 active mods agree on how to handle things then why bother trying to ask "captain mia" in the first place? What's he going to do, fire everyone when he pops in for his annual visit?
True. I don't have much of a dog in this fight though, so my $.02 is probably worth about half that. Having said that, I'll support anything that sounds reasonable.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #71
Suck it up!

Quote:
I wanted a build thread, not a feeler thread or a black market sales thread. I completely agree you should pay for the star if you want to sell. I wasn't planning on selling it on RCC at the time.
It's a little tougher to do that nowadays, especially if you're a known vendor elsewhere. You can state that some hand crafted bobble is not for sale as plainly and as loudly as you like, but as soon as someone sees it for sale elsewhere, you're pretty much done. It's been done plenty of times in the past by people trying to avoid paying for their blue star, and once they get called out, they typically throw a fit and slam the door on the way out. I'm not saying that that is what you did or were trying to do, I'm just saying that that pattern of behavior is familiar to us.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:06 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

It is sad what this place has become, from the time Ive joined. I hope for more traffic too, as the classifieds are meager now. Lol, but I got busted for that shit back then myself making the first fairleads, as I didn't know what they were called, and my dumb ass said I could sell a couple.

Last edited by Gula; 03-08-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Id also like to point out because this just occurred to me... the images I was sharing were detailed 3D models, models you would only usually see when a company is designing a product. Not many people have SolidWorks on their computer at home to mess around with and design like I do. Product design is also my professional career, So when I design something it looks professional and therefore something you usually don't get to see unless a company is designing a product. I get that even without me saying one word about sales or feelers most would assume this was a product a company was designed for mass production, but it wasn't it was just a fun project for myself originally.

Last edited by jonnywachter; 03-08-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #74
Suck it up!

Quote:
Id also like to point out because this just occurred to me... the images I was sharing where detailed 3D models, models you would only usually see when a company is designing a product. Not many people have SolidWorks on their computer at home to mess around with and design like I do. Product design is also my professional career, So when I design something it looks professional and therefore something you usually don't get to see unless a company is designing a product. I get that even without me saying one word about sales or feelers most would assume this was a product a company was designed for mass production, but it wasn't it was just a fun project for myself originally.
There have been engineers/designers/machinists/assorted professionals that sprinkle some CAD into their build threads. And as cheap and accessible as those tools have become, quite a few home gamers as well.

As much as I hate the phrase, perception is reality. If you're selling parts elsewhere (we do check and it's pretty easy) but only doing personal projects here, that puts you in an impossible corner, even if you are 100% honest about it.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
There have been engineers/designers/machinists/assorted professionals that sprinkle some CAD into their build threads. And as cheap and accessible as those tools have become, quite a few home gamers as well.

As much as I hate the phrase, perception is reality. If you're selling parts elsewhere (we do check and it's pretty easy) but only doing personal projects here, that puts you in an impossible corner, even if you are 100% honest about it.
I completely agree, how do I continue a build that is just a build without showing off a product I plan to sell but just not with this forum? I can't, it's going to be advertising it even if all I do is show my progress on a build just like anyone else would. I wouldn't be breaking the rules in any way, but yet id still be breaking the rules?
Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 AM   #76
Suck it up!

Quote:
I completely agree, how do I continue a build that is just a build without showing off a product I plan to sell but just not with this forum? I can't, it's going to be advertising it even if all I do is show my progress on a build just like anyone else would. I wouldn't be breaking the rules in any way, but yet id still be breaking the rules?
You'd still be breaking the rules since you'd effectively be advertising a product that you sell off-site. As I said, impossible corner. The only feasible way around that (without a blue star of course) would be to not show or mention any of your current of future products in the build thread, and be extremely careful.

I totally understand you wanting to share cool stuff just for the sake of sharing cool stuff because we all enjoy it, but you've found yourself in a tough position. At this point in time you've got three choices: don't share at all, share with (and I can't stress this enough) extreme caution, or pony up and share as much as you like with the added bonus of selling out in the open.

It's been said a billion times already, but those blue stars tend to pay for themselves pretty quickly if the products are good and have a market. I never regretted mine.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

well this sucks, rcc is digging its own grave again. This place already suffers from lack of traffic and idiots running around playing god. Meaning stop deleting threads, stop moving threads to obscurity. If someone makes something cool others will ask if their going to sell some version of it, this just human nature to want what is cool. Maybe do away with stars for 1 year or put them on sale once per year and see if we can save this place. I get that there are rules for reasons but this place is on verge of death and something needs to change.

I really just don't want see this place disappear.

IDK let anarchy rule.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You'd still be breaking the rules since you'd effectively be advertising a product that you sell off-site. As I said, impossible corner. The only feasible way around that (without a blue star of course) would be to not show or mention any of your current of future products in the build thread, and be extremely careful.

I totally understand you wanting to share cool stuff just for the sake of sharing cool stuff because we all enjoy it, but you've found yourself in a tough position. At this point in time you've got three choices: don't share at all, share with (and I can't stress this enough) extreme caution, or pony up and share as much as you like with the added bonus of selling out in the open.

It's been said a billion times already, but those blue stars tend to pay for themselves pretty quickly if the products are good and have a market. I never regretted mine.

Very true on what the star will get you. When the ascender first came out several years ago I started modifying the axles for my personal use. I posted photos of my changes, and everyone was wanting the upgrade. At the time there was not much aftermarket support for the truck. That was when I bought my venders star. I've renewed it every year for the last several years at a cost of $300 or 400. At the time I was just hoping to pay for my star. For some of you who don't know me, I'm a 70 year old kid who loves to tinker in my shop. I work really hard at keeping it a paying hobby and not a business!!! The only place I sell my work is on here, and have had some $1500 months and have paid for my blue star way over a hundred fold the last four years. I now build parts for Losi worms, ascenders and TRX4, and all from just sharing parts in my builds. Just thought I should throw that at there. I don't think you would regret buy a venders star. JMO
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-08-2019 at 12:47 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
well this sucks, rcc is digging its own grave again. This place already suffers from lack of traffic.

I really just don't want see this place disappear.

I would not exactly say this forum is on the verge of death. I've been a part of forums that had new post counts go off a cliff and die. This place is still fairly active relative to several forums I used to participate in. Sure, various forms of social media have cut into the activity on old-school message boards, but there are still quite a few new posts here every day.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #80
Sinking with the ship

Quote:

I will be restoring the thread, all I ask is that you re read through it and remove anything that maybe be towards a feeler issues

Quote:
Quote:

Weather or not the guy is selling is not relative unless he is doing feeler post and violating the rules, if he wants to post a build thread I see no reason why he cant...

I guess everyone forgot about John Boyer??? John Boyer was THE GUY for tube chassis back in the day, countless members had his chassis, there were countless build threads, etc. John DID NOT advertise here, nor did he EVER purchase a blue star. quite honestly with his quality of work, everyone knew how to get in touch with him...Should we have deleted everyone's build threads that had a boyer chassis? NO...

I'm making an executive decision to restore jonnys thread, and I will personally monitor as its in the SCALE forum which was my section at one point.

As for the future of this forum, I'm not at liberty to discuss my conversation I held with jason. What I will say is, the only guarantee in life is death... take that for what its worth.

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-08-2019 at 01:21 PM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

IFS Durango from 1.9 section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st gen Durango IFS TRUE SCALE (you're going to want to see this) jonnywachter 1.9 Scale Rigs 307 03-02-2022 01:43 PM
IFS-Class 4 Section ? the DMG Comments, Suggestions, and Help 44 05-06-2014 03:43 PM
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM