Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: "Like" Button

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default "Like" Button

I see they took the "Like" button, and "Likes" tally down.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: "Like" Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
I see they took the "Like" button, and "Likes" tally down.
Well vbulletin is at version 5.5 and we are at 3.8.7 so it's just as likely that the like mod is no longer supported.

I honestly can't believe this forum hasn't been hacked, with all the security vulnerabilities.

Either way some people don't want the like function so some folks will see it as a positive change.

Now what is natedog going to do
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post

Now what is natedog going to do

Old 03-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Damn now I need to take incredible care in what I post. I've maintained a 2:1 like vs post average for a long time.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

Currentlly the most active threads on the site are not RC related

It's interesting to see RCC play politics.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Damn now I need to take incredible care in what I post. I've maintained a 2:1 like vs post average for a long time.
I guess that's going to change. You mentioned once before, you don't "Like" anybody
Old 03-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
I honestly can't believe this forum hasn't been hacked, with all the security vulnerabilities.

I've had a few instances where I was redirected to a scam site. I clicked nothing just straight up hijacked. signing out and back in seems to have solved it though.

Dont like the no likes
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #8

I've said it before that I don't think removing the Like button is going to create more posting, but I hope I'm wrong.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post

Dont like the no likes

Here, You guys can use my Like button:
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Okie dokie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #11
Sinking with the ship

The like button has been disabled as a pilot program I discussed with Badger... we are gonna test the waters without it and see if activity increases.

I’ve been a firm believer that the like button is no good... forums require participation and liking a thread doesn’t generate that IMO.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Badger tonight, We discussed many of things and I also spoke with Jason.

I want this forum to be back to what it used to be... Badger has given me administrative powers so I can assist with issues larger then that of what a moderator can handle.

I hope we can all work together as a community to turn this place around. Get threads and post counts back up, bring vendors back, hopefully swag and just overall move this place forward and back to the top where it once was
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #12
RCC Addict

That's great to hear! There are those here that liked the like button and I'll admit I used it from time to time but I didn't really care for it, and I feel it made me a bit lazy on the forum. Right after I read your post I went to click "like" and I went "duh it's gone dumbass" so I guess I must have used it more than I thought. I'm glad someone is giving this place some attention.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
The like button has been disabled as a pilot program I discussed with Badger... we are gonna test the waters without it and see if activity increases.

I’ve been a firm believer that the like button is no good... forums require participation and liking a thread doesn’t generate that IMO.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Badger tonight, We discussed many of things and I also spoke with Jason.

I want this forum to be back to what it used to be... Badger has given me administrative powers so I can assist with issues larger then that of what a moderator can handle.

I hope we can all work together as a community to turn this place around. Get threads and post counts back up, bring vendors back, hopefully swag and just overall move this place forward and back to the top where it once was
I appreciate your effort to get this site hopping again.

Hopefully posts stop disappearing as well...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Sounds good to me
Old 03-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:

Social trends definitely dont favor forums now. However I look forward to seeing the changes and hope that you succeed. Good luck moving forward.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #16
Gold Star Baby!

Perhaps to increase participation try focusing the forums down from 379 different subs.

Or bring back the “awesome star holding member giveaways”

Photo contests with free swag from sponsors.

Spotlight threads as chosen by the admin or have high activity/interest

Do something to encourage referral of new members

RCC swag giveaway like decals for post milestones

Top activity leaderboards in last 30 days
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:

It’s been made clear there are a lot of strong opinions on the like button. I’m all for trying to prove or disprove theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I used it as a tool to see where activity was but I can go without it I suppose if its in the name of progress. Its nice to see someone take the reigns.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I get over it. 50% of mine were from natedog.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Here, You guys can use my Like button:
Thanks Mike, but how many times do I have to click this thing?

It won't run me off, but I think removing it does take away a measure of encouragement. I mean, I don't always have something to add to someones thread, but it made it easy to show that you "liked" the direction the thread is going.
But hey, I'll try to chime in more .... I guess. Like anyone needs to hear MY opinion.

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote

"Like" Button - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airtronics M11 settings for "push-button" dig control John Hallman Electronics 8 09-21-2010 08:48 PM
"Hide Forum" button? microgoat Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 04-05-2006 11:30 AM
project "search button",my TLT Chevy 72Blazer Tamiya TLT Crawlers 13 03-04-2006 06:57 PM