Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What has rc crawling come too..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 01:46 AM   #181
Rock Stacker

k, im a huge newbie... but thanks too you guys i ahve leanred tons. ( still cant type or spell|).. the only problem i have with this site is the mods..( i got jumped on for askin the wrong question in the qrong place .... i wasnt aware that you needed 30 posts befoire you could ask where you culd find a lower coil spring bucket for a W/K.... my bad)

but nayways... **** you guys.. for showin me this hoby.. im full on addicted and swear that my W/K wiull look different from any other..

on a side note.. thank oyu too the peeps thta have given me constructive critisim... preciate it... yo

and i cant wait for us " newbies" too show the "O.G.'s" somethin new... we will.... yo
HEAVY METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #182
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Well see I had to reply later than 5 seconds after he posted it. I have a life and I don't sit on the computer all day, like your self.

Loser,

Even though you can't buy them at a toy store they are still toys, they wont ever be anything more than a toy. Alot of these guys take this crap way to seriously.
ho, take it easy before you start calling people you don't even know loser's. DTP never brought himself to call you or anyone on this forum "loser". and he is right, what do you know about "having a life". aren't you still in high school? work 10 to 12 hours a day, bring home a paycheck that can pay the mortage, feed 'n clothe your family for the last almost 15 years and then you can talk about having a life. now just put your nose in your books and get yourself ready for the real world for the rest of your life.

and no, i am not calling you a loser. just grow up and think before you start to type.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 AM   #183
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

i can and will break it down for all of you. informationally challenged individuals.

Tamiya-Kyosho-Losi-Associated-Axial.ETC. Good Shit-buy it, use it.
Everything Else: "Hobby Grade" Cheap Low quality mass produced rubbish. hard to compete with a border-line "toy grade" piece of shit.

Pretty much EVERYTHING that uses no seperate servo for steering and has a giant circuit board for a speed control as well as everthing else, is shit! dont bother. Some of these cars will yield a great looking scale body, but that is all.

folks, dont believe the hype.Most of the aftermarket parts available for the crawler specific RC market have been extensively tested, and proven. Buy it build it, use it and share what you learned. This site is full of whining bitching moaning little crybabies. stop asking, and start doing, and search.

RANT OFF!

but yeah if i told you i farted, would you stop to smell it? why would you ask me to tell you what pinion works best in something that already has a pinion? the answer is right there in front of your face.^^^^ right there to thee right of the new posts button.

Last edited by YoUnG_vErSiOn; 12-31-2007 at 02:21 AM.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:19 AM   #184
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
i can and will break it down for all of you. informationally challenged individuals.

Tamiya-Kyosho-Losi-Associated-Axial.ETC. Good Shit-buy it, use it.
Everything Else: "Hobby Grade" Cheap Low quality mass produced rubbish. hard to compete with a border-line "toy grade" piece of shit.

Pretty much EVERYTHING that uses no seperate servo for steering and has a giant circuit board for a speed control as well as everthing else, is shit! dont bother. Some of these cars will yield a great looking scale body, but that is all.

folks, dont believe the hype.Most of the aftermarket parts available for the crawler specific RC market have been extensively tested, and proven. Buy it build it, use it and share what you learned. This site is full of whining bitching moaning little crybabies. stop asking, and start doing, and search.

RANT OFF!
cheeeeeeeehoooooooo!!!! kila, what about my nylint??
Old 12-31-2007, 05:17 AM   #185
Quarry Creeper

well I'm a newbie, and yes buying a scorpion would be the easy route to take, but I prefer the I did it myself approach. Even thou I'm only building a maxx based rig, it'll still be hand made by myself. After its all together is will be tuned by me (with suggestions from other long term crawlers) and I'll perfect my driving skills on it. I don't have the funds to throw at a kit or rtr rig so scratch built from parts I have (emaxx) it will be. Seems as thou nobody wants to work for anything anymore, just throw money at it, that will fix it!!!!
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:50 AM   #186
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgm1 View Post
well I'm a newbie, and yes buying a scorpion would be the easy route to take, but I prefer the I did it myself approach. Even thou I'm only building a maxx based rig, it'll still be hand made by myself. After its all together is will be tuned by me (with suggestions from other long term crawlers) and I'll perfect my driving skills on it. I don't have the funds to throw at a kit or rtr rig so scratch built from parts I have (emaxx) it will be. Seems as thou nobody wants to work for anything anymore, just throw money at it, that will fix it!!!!
when youy say "noboby", especially on here it sounds like you mean everyone. better watch what you say , i would figure a good 80% of the people on here have also "hand made" their crawlers and parts used for their crawlers. i can honestly say that all my rigs are all handmade, from both of my 2.2 and super torsion rigs to my 1.9 scale crawler.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #187
I wanna be Dave

Real rigs are bought not built.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Real rigs are bought not built.
Spoken like a true entrepreneur.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 PM   #189
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5tacoma View Post
when youy say "noboby", especially on here it sounds like you mean everyone. better watch what you say , i would figure a good 80% of the people on here have also "hand made" their crawlers and parts used for their crawlers. i can honestly say that all my rigs are all handmade, from both of my 2.2 and super torsion rigs to my 1.9 scale crawler.
Over 15,000 member on this site. 80% is alot of people. Just over 12000 acording to my math.

How much of your crawlers are hand made????
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #190
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
Over 15,000 member on this site. 80% is alot of people. Just over 12000 acording to my math.

besides the axles and other parts (aluminum knuckles, etc.) i usually make my own frames, roll cages, bumpers, etc. go and check out my builds, hell i'll even list them down just for you.......................

Disturbin' tha Peace's Agent Fat Cat
"rydefab" comp 2.2
bruiser for my "little bruiser"
"little bruiser's".........little brother
pimping "R2D2"
generic pimping "C3PO"

ok, maybe 80% maybe alittle too much. i was assuming that there were alittle more builder's out there. if so then what's your percentage? i'll redo mine then, how about 60% then. i have seen alot of awesome homegrown rigs on this forum made by some of the most awesome fabricators i have every seen . so when i said "handmade" i meant that i like to make my own things, that's all.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #191
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think he meant 80% of the members that didn't buy ax10's & WK's

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5tacoma View Post
besides the axles and other parts (aluminum knuckles, etc.) i usually make my own frames, roll cages, bumpers, etc. go and check out my builds, hell i'll even list them down just for you.......................

Disturbin' tha Peace's Agent Fat Cat
"rydefab" comp 2.2
bruiser for my "little bruiser"
"little bruiser's".........little brother
pimping "R2D2"
generic pimping "C3PO"

ok, maybe 80% maybe alittle too much. i was assuming that there were alittle more builder's out there. if so then what's your percentage? i'll redo mine then, how about 60% then. i have seen alot of awesome homegrown rigs on this forum made by some of the most awesome fabricators i have every seen . so when i said "handmade" i meant that i like to make my own things, that's all.
You forgot my Badger Bruiser clone's All-pro flatbed & Kaotic crawler's F350.

Quote:
I guess he showed you. LMAO.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
I think he meant 80% of the members that didn't buy ax10's & WK's

You forgot my Badger Bruiser clone's All-pro flatbed & Kaotic crawler's F350.

I guess he showed you. LMAO.
oh yeah, i forgot about those ones. thanks for reminding me
Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #193
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
BIG difference between a crawler and basher. Unless your running a BIG outrunner,Deans aren't really NEEDED in a crawler. They are a better contector though. I think Brad just runs them cause it works and it's what he's got.
Hell, I melted them together on my XXX-T when I was running a 19 turn Trinity Speed Gem motor.... And I only had a 2400 mAh pack in there.... But hey, everyone has their own style right?
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #194
Quarry Creeper

Wasn't flaming him, just asking. That is great that people can make some of their own parts or chassis.

The only thing on either of my projects that I have not made is the axles, shocks, rod ends and the joints on the drive shafts and electronics.

Awhile ago I put up pictures of my tuber that I am working on. Just tring to decide on what ESC I want for it. I have since stripped the axles off of it for my scaler using a Clod body inwhich I have sealed up the sun roof and blower hole so far. Got all the materials to make an interior. I also am trying to find a transfer case such as I have seen in the scale section. Been playing with the idea of trying to make my own but just have not put enough thought into it yet.

Sure wish the wife wouldn't have destroyed my camera this last christmas.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #195
I wanna be Dave

Run mamba maxx, you'll be happy. Best damn ESC I've run & I just switched.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #196
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Run mamba maxx, you'll be happy. Best damn ESC I've run & I just switched.
I have been eyeing them for some time now. Little on the spendy side but oh well. I think I will finish getting my scaler done first before I finalize the tuber. Still need to round up some recoil springs for leafs. I could go the easy way out and just buy some leafs but it kinda takes away from the home build end and steel leafs just look more scale.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #197
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Aw crap, you know who is gonna chime in now....
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
No one that competes would ever think about running a set of Tamiya connectors...especially if they ever went to Nationals.
Quote:
:cough: BENDER :cough:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
You arent serious........................................... ...........................

Or are you??
Quote:
DEAD serious. Toyo should know this.

Unless he's changed since then. Brads always run Tamiya plugs.
WTF, how did I get dragged into this 27 topic trainwreck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
Wow... How many has he melted together . BENDER, I must say, you are either just plain stupid or have alot of guts to run those crappy Tamiya plugs in a comp. No offence. I wouldn't be caught dead with those things on any of my RC's.
Not one failure/complaint with my Tamiya connectors. I'll just keeping running them now to annoy everyone. Don't hate when I beat you with them too. :-P

Quote:
BIG difference between a crawler and basher. Unless your running a BIG outrunner,Deans aren't really NEEDED in a crawler. They are a better contector though. I think Brad just runs them cause it works and it's what he's got.
Exactly. I even ran them with brushless in the 2.2 for a long time without issue. Just need to tune them up once in a while by bending the female end a little.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #198
Quarry Creeper

I've been in this hobby for well over 20 years, didn't learn about this site or crawling until a year or two ago. No one crawls around here, at least not close. I can remember when the Clod was announced and we thought it was the greatist. Now in stock form, it basically sucks compared to the most basic rigs. When the original Kyosho Ultima came out, our local hobby shop sold 32 of them that Christmas. I put 31 of them together, no one wanted to do it or help their kids do it. I made 20.00 per car for some extra cash. I even painted them. I visit this site 3-4 times a day unless I'm in one of my take or leave it phases with this hobby(I have a few). This is a wonderful site, with great members that are glad to help if you need it and just ask without smart remarks. You don't need mills, lathes or anything other than just basic tools to fab, it just takes more time and a little thought to get the job done. I have made alot of parts with nothing more than a hand drill, hack saw and a dremel.
mspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #199
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Not one failure/complaint with my Tamiya connectors. I'll just keeping running them now to annoy everyone. Don't hate when I beat you with them too. :-P
Not one failure huh? No kiddin. Lucky.... It was a real pain in the ars to have to cut them apart with an X-Acto knife when I had them back when I use an RC newb, before I discovered Deans. Dont worry, I wont hate, I am not one to be a "Playa Hater" .
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #200
Rock Stacker

I am not even going to bother reading all the posts before this

I am still a newb always will be. Unless i invent the holy f-ng grail of all that is rc i will always have some thing to learn.

As for a general newb to crawling again, i plan on buying the axial, its easy but that doent mean every body has no build skillz. I mean i know this is no crawler i did manage to build this little piece of balsa from scratch

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/fefor...00&ppuser=2351
andrewhendler is offline   Reply With Quote