all i see when you post is that Dang avatar! lol What were we talking about
she is an OG too.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 PM   #122
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post

Here is how I see it, you have a bunch of new guys with ARTR kits(AX-10) and they are having a bunch of fun with them.

Whats wrong with that??
Nothing at all. I like the growth of the sport and allot has been from the AX-10.

What some guys have a hard time with is the fact that there seems to be allot of guys that can't think enough to even build "outside" the box....just a little bit. cause the part numbers don't match up or theres no instructions.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #123
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
she is an OG too.
WERD YO! I'm glad Jasons held on to that avatar.....In a good way
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
What some guys have a hard time with is the fact that there seems to be allot of guys that can't think enough to even build "outside" the box....just a little bit. cause the part numbers don't match up or theres no instructions.
their everywhere man, I work with them, live in a City full of them, I guess that is just life.

Like I said, you just have to let natural selection take it's course, the dumb and the weak will never make it.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Nothing at all. I like the growth of the sport and allot has been from the AX-10.

I welcome the new crawlers and I'm amazed w/ the the growth crawling has experienced. After all all these new parts benefit me as much as anyone.

What chaps my hide is the "You owe me an answer" attitude that seems to be so prevalent. It's not enough to point them in the right direction or even provide a link.

Like I've said before, I'm not under any obligation to hold their hand or spoon feed the new members information.

That being said, when I see a new member who genuinely appears to be trying to work out a problem and is just stumped, I"m more than happy to help.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #126
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban b View Post
I'm not really into the backdoor stuff. But whatever, to each his own
Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
somebody call me?
yes bd oh yes bd.
ax-10 axles are the shit. that is all.
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
For your $$?? You need 2 axles, $80 not $40. So you don't use AL knuckles, CVD's, Clocked C's, upper link mount, lockouts, straight RR axle shafts??

If not there not comp worthy either.
the only axle mod I had all last season was WK output shafts (so i could use maxx shafts)... so I was into them for $80+$6=$86 ....every comp ready TLT i've seen is at the least double that.... your not talking to some kid,.. I've been doin this crap for 25yrs... in 2003-2004 I scratch built an X-factor based rig then a maxx based one.... I have in my day had many tamiya's from frogs, black foots, brats to tlt's and clods... and yes there just exspensive toys grade rc's compared to the new stuff out there, do i still love them, yes... but i can also admit the only reason we ever use TLT's is because at one time THATS ALL THERE WAS.... and remember guy its all just opinions.... I'm far from there guy thats lookin to have some internet battle... I was just pointing out was what my 25yrs of RC crap has taught me.... just think of an outsider looking at us talking about this crap, were adults debating what toy is better then the other....lol

Last edited by HauntFreaks.com; 12-29-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What?? So can I find a Clodbuster @ my local Toys-R-Us? "toy" grade. That's pathetic. None of those on my list need heavy modification. Did you even crawl back in 05? None of these hope ups were available. Pretty much stock TLT axles, just locked. Oh shit, that's too hard for some of you.

So Dez has cred with you? Oh yeah, he posts alot. Our whole club uses TLT's, except one. He's the only one that broke every comp.

For your $$?? You need 2 axles, $80 not $40. So you don't use AL knuckles, CVD's, Clocked C's, upper link mount, lockouts, straight RR axle shafts??

If not there not comp worthy either.

Didn't you sell that POS a few days later.
you are right DTP, i sold it like a day or two later.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntFreaks.com View Post
just think of an outsider looking at us talking about this crap, were adults debating what toy is better then the other....lol
My toy is better than your's.

I sure don't consider them toy grade. Nylint, yes. If you can buy it at wlamart, yes. Certainly not Tamiya.

We can debate this forever, but it's futile.

You think the ax10 is the cat's ass, I think it's just another kit, nothing more, nothing less.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:56 AM   #130
Quarry Creeper

agreed...

bottom line, its all about having fun no matter what you use...

you guys have a good night and a great new years.......
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:34 AM   #131
RCC Addict

Default Whine, Whine Whine

Yes, I'm a newb, so piss off. My thoughts are, the tlt axles are really nice. Do toy grade R/Cs have real splined axle shafts with virtually zero slop, or do they have 2 flat sides on the end of the shaft and a locker that wallows out 'cause it's made out of aluminum and it had 15 degrees of slop to start with? Tamiya makes really good stuff.
As for the service department at the LHS, why not? People are always shouting about supporting your LHS, why not let them have the RTR market and the service department? Should I resent people who can't fix their 1:1 cars just because I'm a mechanic? Should they ride the bus? If they did, cars would be a lot more expensive and there would be fewer options for the people who "deserve" them.
As for the newbs, let us be. We have the right to play with toy cars just the same as you do. We support the vendors, some even even support this site, which allows the excellent management and first rate mods to keep running the best run forum I've ever seen, all so you can whine (like a newb that just ran his buggy into a tree) about newbs. Get over yourselves.

Edit: I'll jump on the bitchy bandwagon when there start being spec class comps. Beyond that remote possibility, no one is stopping you from building your truck your way.

Last edited by chrisjlittle; 12-30-2007 at 02:47 AM.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Want some cheese??
Old 12-30-2007, 03:03 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Want some cheese??
does anyone know where i can get cheese from?
also, what cheese is better?
do i need a knife to cut the cheese or will that happen later?
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:16 AM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Just eat it, you'll cut it later.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #135
RCC Addict

a certified asshole should be the expert...
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:35 AM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
a certified asshole should be the expert...
...........i guess he needs some cheese with his whine.
RydeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #137
Quarry Creeper

I am a newb, I bought a TLT but am only using the axles. Everything else is scratch built other then the clod body I am working on and the tranmissions and power systems I am using in my projects.

Both my project are on hold at this moment as I am still working on getting the things I need to finish them such as special tools such as a lath or mill. Only so much you can do with a drill press, band saw, dremel and a small torch set.

I would still love to pick up an RTR or ARTR to get me quickly out and playing. The AX10 and WK are in the back of my head but not sure about dropping coin on them which would leave me short for my projects.

RTR or ARTR is not killing the hobby at all. Sure there are some that just want PNP stuff and bitch becuase it does not work for their application.

There are many other people that use these kits and run them for a short bit to bash them then tear them down and use some or alot of the parts to create something new. Why not, these kits such as the WK give you all the needed parts to get you going such as electronics and power systems until there is money available to upgrade to better electronics etc.

Hell look at the bruisers etc. They are ARTR kits and many people use them for scale builds. And these scale builds are some of the sickest (in a good way) looking rigs out there.

Anyway you look at it, they are all toys. The only difference is the cost of the toys. Just because your toy is 400 dollars it does not make it any less of a toy then a 30 dollar wallmart toy.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #138
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I wonder how many posts were deleted from this thread.
Zero.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
We had somebody complain like that about how fragile his Revo was when he'd hit a tree wide open or in comparison to his friends' T-Maxxes. There were a few times I wanted to suggest that he try that with his 1:1 and then come talk to after he gets out of the hospital about how fragile his Revo is.......... I do see alot of people online whine about how weak that line is no matter what's powering it and I honestly think some of it is just plain abuse/stupidity. With trucks like the VXL, I'd atleast recommend that the new owners start out with 6-cells just so they can get used to driving something that'll run like it does before trying to hit plaid.

Damn, which shop is that?
Venture Hobbies in Wheeling. The guys there were apologetic but they just couldn't bring themselves to deal with lipos again.
|maniac| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #140
Quarry Creeper

People should be given a test before they are even sold anything that has to do with Lipo bats. Either that or full instructions on how to deal with them as well as proper charging etc. Many people have lost their cars, houses and garages due to improper charging or monitoring of lipos.

You would not believe how many people just throw them on a charger or just leave them laying around unattended.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote