Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What has rc crawling come too..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #141
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I wonder how many posts were deleted from this thread.
Theres one now. STAY ON TOPIC
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #142
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat1 View Post
Hey, were did the Nylint section go? I can't believe it is gone!

Theres 2....stay on topic boys
Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #143

Sounds like crying bitches to me. This is not a sport either, more of a hobby.

I am a Noob, just because...I understand that. I spend more time with 1:1 rigs then I do with these. And same goes for Real wheelin' The trails are clogged with more assholes that think just because they have a Jeep, they can go anywhere. Then end up toppled over, slow everyone down, or dead.

Everything No matter what you do is going to become more "Mainstream" Thats the way it is, and always will be.

There is no use even to Rant about it. It has been said/done to many times before, and is pretty much now a "waste of your breath", if you do so. Yes, I am wasting my time " Preaching to the Choir" Because I have like 9 posts, am Considered noob, since I joined a Forum, and you don't know me?

Does this mean I couldn't have had prior knowledge, before the forum?

Rant over. Wasting my time and energy.

Last but not least, I love how everyone Forgets they were a "Noob" and had to start somewhere. I guess everybody just popped out your mom's asses with Genius minds..............
OptikCrawlR2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #144
TEAM MODERATOR

GIT'em tiger
Old 12-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
GIT'em tiger
Yes, Sir! Love your Quote in the Sig!
OptikCrawlR2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #146
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptikCrawlR2134 View Post
Sounds like crying bitches to me. This is not a sport either, more of a hobby.

I am a Noob, just because...I understand that. I spend more time with 1:1 rigs then I do with these. And same goes for Real wheelin' The trails are clogged with more assholes that think just because they have a Jeep, they can go anywhere. Then end up toppled over, slow everyone down, or dead.

Everything No matter what you do is going to become more "Mainstream" Thats the way it is, and always will be.

There is no use even to Rant about it. It has been said/done to many times before, and is pretty much now a "waste of your breath", if you do so. Yes, I am wasting my time " Preaching to the Choir" Because I have like 9 posts, am Considered noob, since I joined a Forum, and you don't know me?

Does this mean I couldn't have had prior knowledge, before the forum?

Rant over. Wasting my time and energy.

Last but not least, I love how everyone Forgets they were a "Noob" and had to start somewhere. I guess everybody just popped out your mom's asses with Genius minds..............
X2 to that
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hell look at the bruisers etc. They are ARTR kits and many people use them for scale builds. And these scale builds are some of the sickest (in a good way) looking rigs out there.
Sorry, Bruisers are not ARTR, they were kits.

This thread has turned into a whining bitches bithing bout whiney bitches & noobs justifing thier noobness. Too funny.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #148
Quarry Creeper

My plan worked...
D-ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #149
I joined the Band!

Tell a noob he is one and he will expload!

Man there is a lot of smoke coming out of this thread.
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #150
Quarry Creeper

Kits or whatever, the ax 10 is a kit is it not? It also took away from the build it yourself attitude since the kit has directions and most averything needed in it to create a semi capable rig.

Just remember that not everyone has the equipment needed to CNC up a set of axles and a chassis to make their own.

How about radio gear. I know some diehards that but together their own receivers, ESCs and the like.
Rat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

what it comes down to in the end is that the sport is growing and that is great. noobs are every where and that is great. some are not so smart that isn't so great but it doesn't mean you should label all of them that way. some need to be pushed in the rite direction.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #152
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Just remember that not everyone has the equipment needed to CNC up a set of axles and a chassis to make their own.
Just for the record. To date....EVERYTHING I've built for my rigs has been whittled out of raw stock with either a hacksaw,sawzall,4 1/2" grinder,itty bitty drill press or cordless drill. You don't need a CNC shop to compete with the top players. Common hand tools will do just fine if you know how to use them.

Now that I'm working at a full blown CNC shop.....it's different
Old 12-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #153

Remeber Cordless drill gear reductions?

Those where the days!
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #154
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Remeber Cordless drill gear reductions?

Those where the days!

Yeup.

I collected a bunch of old burnt out drills for them to build with. Still got a bucket full of them in the barn
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #155
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeup.

I collected a bunch of old burnt out drills for them to build with. Still got a bucket full of them in the barn
No kiddin. I have never seen one myself... are the gears pretty strong? I ask becuase I am planning to have a scale build sometime in the future, and I need an easy transfer case/gear reduction, as I do not know how to make one... Anyway, would you happen to have a picture of what these gear reduction units look like? Thanks.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #156

Some of you old hens need to get over yourselves. I ain't seen an RTR crawler yet. Yes, I bought an AX-10, big deal. Ya gotta have somewhere to start, don't you?

You old timers should be passing some of your knowlege down to n00bs, how else is the hobby gonna grow? And if we're stupid and lazy, ain't that just more of us for you guys to shame in competition? Some of you people are just gonna run new blood out of the hobby, and that ain't good for no one is it?

I've been into nitro for more years than not. Yeah, some n00bs are a pita, and some of them take a little advice from you and whip yer butt on the race track. It's all about competition and comraderie, ain't it?

Or is it just about who's been here the longest?
Mgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #157
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
No kiddin. I have never seen one myself... are the gears pretty strong? I ask becuase I am planning to have a scale build sometime in the future, and I need an easy transfer case/gear reduction, as I do not know how to make one... Anyway, would you happen to have a picture of what these gear reduction units look like? Thanks.
I'll look and see. Some are not useable....parts missing and/or broke. I may have a couple complete drills that are good for junkin.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
People should be given a test before they are even sold anything that has to do with Lipo bats. Either that or full instructions on how to deal with them as well as proper charging etc. Many people have lost their cars, houses and garages due to improper charging or monitoring of lipos.

You would not believe how many people just throw them on a charger or just leave them laying around unattended.

Do you have valid proof of everything you just stated? Sounds like you are a Lipo expert.

I need more beer..... all the byotching on RCC and at my house is making me a drunk. I can't wait to fall asleep tonight, drunk.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #159
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
My toy is better than your's.

I sure don't consider them toy grade. Nylint, yes. If you can buy it at wlamart, yes. Certainly not Tamiya.

We can debate this forever, but it's futile.

You think the ax10 is the cat's ass, I think it's just another kit, nothing more, nothing less.
They aren't toy grade, but, yes they are toys and thats all they are and they will never be much more than a toy.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #160
RCC Addict

Quote:
Theres one now. STAY ON TOPIC

I like you, your tough .
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote