Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Should engaging DIG be pointed?
Yes 32 28.57%
No 68 60.71%
OR there should be an unlimited 2.2 class for the digs, winches, brakes, etc. 12 10.71%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Rule For DIG

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #41
Keep it real

Just like in 1:1 comps, there are different classes. Toy class for examle does not have rear steer, it's more of a Driver's class, which is what the 2.2 class is supposed to be, a driver's class. And if you only use dig for sharper turning......then you are missing the other 999 uses for it
I agree with Grover and the others who stated this, there is no way in the world you could consistently judge it
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
From www.we-rock.cc:

Mod stock class:
4.18.8: Rear steering is not approved for competition in this class.

Pro Mod class:
5.17.3: Rear Steering is not permitted. If the vehicle is equipped with rear steer, then teams must completely lock out the rear steer with welded on tabs and bolted fastening devices so that there is no question of rear steering movement.

Unlimited:
6.17.2: Rear Steering is permitted.

1.7: Rear Steer
To ensure consistency and exactness of scoring, rear steer penalties will be issued only one time per obstacle. Rear steering will be assessed five (5) points per obstacle once it is used on the obstacle. Rear steering can only be used by the Unlimited Class vehicles.
There is the 1:1 rules on rear steering. There is not rule on dig, because its ALLOWED in all classes, except for maybe Formula Toy (can't find the rules for it right now). But Formula Toy is more of a spec class.

So, judging off the 1:1 rules, rear steer is only allowed in the "super" class. While "dig" is allowed in all. I agree this is a wasted subject, its been discussed before and its more than likely not going to change. Like many others have said before, dig is used for alot more than just making a tight turn. I also agree it would be hard to judge because there are times when I'm in Dig that I can't even tell in it disconneted or not.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocJoc
what i was getting at is if they cant allow both then they should have a seperate class for them.
We do,it's called super class

Quote:
i dont run super class anymore because most of them dont look like anything that you would see in 1.1 compitition.
You know,thats kindly a stupid statement. Do you have to follow the herd of cattle? Break away and build something different.

Quote:
i'm not against dig or any customizing, i like seeing the different rigs and there never all all going to have the same parts on them.
Quit bitching and build something different then

Quote:
thats why i would like to see another class for the guys that make all this different stuff and put it on there rigs
We got one,it's called super class

We have a wiener,oops I mean winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron
So, judging off the 1:1 rules, rear steer is only allowed in the "super" class.

For the guys that think dig is an unfair advantage.....Brad won the national title with no dig......and even old Tamyia connectors If you all would stop bitching long enough and go learn your rig,practice practice and practice some more,maybe you'll stand a chance.

This topic gets brought up about 2-3 times a year. It's been beat like a dead horse EVERYTIME! Face the facts guys,2.2 class will never run rear steer or will there ever be a penalty for using front dig. If you want that,run super class. PERIOD!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post

We have a wiener,oops I mean winner

This topic gets brought up about 2-3 times a year. It's been beat like a dead horse EVERYTIME! Face the facts guys,2.2 class will never run rear steer or will there ever be a penalty for using front dig. If you want that,run super class. PERIOD!
Rap,
I agree 100%. Everyone kept saying 1:1, so I posted the rules for 1:1.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

There should be an unlimited 2.2 class for the digs, winches, brakes, etc.

2.2 is for driving, unlimited is for all the bells and whistles....same reason no rear steer.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #46
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
There should be an unlimited 2.2 class for the digs, winches, brakes, etc.

2.2 is for driving, unlimited is for all the bells and whistles....same reason no rear steer.

Build a 2.2 with rear steer and run it in super class. Won't be the first to try it.

Next.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

heres my 2 cents...

i think it maybe should be pointed as not everyone has the ability to make one regardless of the information out there.

BUT with that said i do believe if you start adding rules over rules, you can make things more difficult then you need to.

tough choice.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #49
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
heres my 2 cents...

i think it maybe should be pointed as not everyone has the ability to make one regardless of the information out there.

I don't buy that for a second. I just put dig on my sons AX-10 last night. The 2 male shafts I used(Pede)...I whitled on them for a bit with my pocket knife so they'd work. The connector can be made for a few bucks with nothing more than a hacksaw,CA glue and a few bolts.

If it's an advantage,guys will find a way to get it.

Next!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
heres my 2 cents...

Do you have a hundred bucks to buy an R2 digger? If you don't you're in the wrong hobby
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Whats dig?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #52
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
Whats dig?

It's adding a hydraulic system operated by the 3rd channel and installing a 4-in-1 bucket from a dozer on the front axle.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's adding a hydraulic system operated by the 3rd channel and installing a 4-in-1 bucket from a dozer on the front axle.
That seems complicated too me. I vote F$#% 3 channels, F#@! low rider shorts, F$#% Cell talking drivers, Dozer's are cool, I'm out!

Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Wow, that sounds cool, will a mini servo work? and wut motur shuld i us on my axile
Old 01-06-2008, 01:10 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Wow, that sounds cool, will a mini servo work? and wut motur shuld i us on my axile
i herd u cen mak ur axlie in to a scale rig wat tyres do i use

(I spent 3 minutes going back and making it look that way, I'm not cut out for illiterate.)
Old 01-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #56
MWRCA'er

I voted no, there are to many rules to keep track of as it is.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I'm a no, if indeed Axial has sold 15,000 kits world wide which is what sinaster mention in another thread. These new crawlers need to conform to the hobby/sport not the other way around. Cost of a new product or innovation is a poor excuse to start campaigning for rule changes. This is IMO more or less a unlimited class of competition anyway.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

I think Doubledub spent about 30.00 including the servo to do his dig setup on his axial.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Just wait...
I bet there will be a bolt on dig kit available for the Axial in no time...
Old 01-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Is there not going to be a spec class for the Ax? Does this class allow dig also? Is this new spec class going to be Ax based crawlers only or can it be TLT or WK based? Just wondering because if this is true then we may have a non dig class to play with.

But I agree, if dig is going to be allowed then when not just let 4 wheel steer be allowed?

Or just remove Dig from the 2.2 class all together and make it for the Super class only.

Oh but wait, I quess most of these guys need the crutch of dig to be competitive.

Oh well get the cheese out either way.
Closed Thread