Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Central Colorado VS Western Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #121
Rock Stacker

Let us all start making a list of all the plans for this.

Come late Thursday to late Friday. Friday night we'll pop open the beer and we'll have a general get together and good times. Saturday will be the competition. Saturday night will be the barbecue and that is when we'll announce the winners and hand out the trophies. Please bring a dish to be served such as chili beans, dip, salad, potato salad, etc... Sunday everyone will go home.

I'll need help paying for:
1 port a potty
1 pig
2 kegs

We'll need a large barbecue grill, a couple tables.

I am thinking sometime in the summer. Once we find a spot, we'll zero-in on a date. Private property is very much preferred out of city limits is very much preferred so we can avoid permits and such. The property must be able to handle between 60-100 people with RV's and tents.
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

I am down for scouting. I know good camping spots in leadville, eagle, gypsum, glenwood and so on. I love the rocky mountains.
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileddy420 View Post
I am down for scouting. I know good camping spots in leadville, eagle, gypsum, glenwood and so on. I love the rocky mountains.
I know I'm in, anyone else wanna come? Frankly I'm getting a little tired of the same old places anyways, plus I really want to go camping.

Edit: I don't really care all that much about east VS west, I just want to go camping. Lord knows I'm not in the running for king of colorado anyways. That said, I am perfectly willing to make a contribution despite my selfish motives
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

I couldn't care less about the "VS". I would just like to find a new place to camp and meet some new people that like to crawl too. This sounds like it could be a great time. I am going to be getting my camper ready for the season the Second week of April. I will of coarse have to fit that in between me time at MOAB for the jeep safari.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #125
Rock Stacker

I believe I have a spot picked out, private property so no permits required in beautiful Rifle CO. If this all works out, we'll already have a large BBQ grill and we should even have 1 port-a-potty. How does everyone feel about this location? This equates to a 3 hr drive from Denver and a 4.5 hr drive from CO. Springs.

Please let me know your feelings.

-Matt
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnin View Post
I believe I have a spot picked out, private property so no permits required in beautiful Rifle CO. If this all works out, we'll already have a large BBQ grill and we should even have 1 port-a-potty. How does everyone feel about this location? This equates to a 3 hr drive from Denver and a 4.5 hr drive from CO. Springs.

Please let me know your feelings.

-Matt
In Rifle?
Sounds good to me if we can get it together.
How do the rocks looks?

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Rifle sounds cool to me.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #128
I wanna be Dave

im game.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
In Rifle?
Sounds good to me if we can get it together.
How do the rocks looks?

JC
I will see if we can get some pictures of the rocks on his place in Rifle. I think is name is Waren, I will have to check. The down side to this place is that it is in Rifle and not realy half way inbetween every one. It would be nice to not have to get any permits.

Would we still need a permit if we didn't have a "COMP" , just a get together of people camping and crawling?
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70duncan View Post
I will see if we can get some pictures of the rocks on his place in Rifle. I think is name is Waren, I will have to check. The down side to this place is that it is in Rifle and not realy half way inbetween every one. It would be nice to not have to get any permits.

Would we still need a permit if we didn't have a "COMP" , just a get together of people camping and crawling?
Either or, I'm down. Might draw more of the front range guys if it's a comp though, especially if there's trophies. As for it not really being in the middle, it doesn't make much difference to me.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #131
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Becky and I are willing to make the trip.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #132

I talked with Swines(Warren)he sounds good with camping on the property. It's just out of city limits and his rockwall is very good. Ranges from 4' to 12' plus,We ran 4 course's at the comp there last year.Wes's course is only 50yd's away also. If my 1to1 is done we could do a little wheelin as well
gator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #133
Pebble Pounder

so did anything ever come of this 'get together'? I live in Glenwood Springs and im looking for other crawlers, RC or 1:1
savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote