LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #281
RCC Addict

tree huggers.............
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #282
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, do any of you have a link to the scale rc comp rules we use?
bmx_ican92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #283
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx_ican92 View Post
Hey guys, do any of you have a link to the scale rc comp rules we use?
Here is what we came up with for this season. rules
Most of the rules are from Scale4x4.com with some changes.

There are going to be changes and clairifications for the upcoming season after this weekends finals.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #284
Rock Crawler

Ok thanks for the link! by large scale item on roof rack, would a scale pop up tent count?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #285
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx_ican92 View Post
Ok thanks for the link! by large scale item on roof rack, would a scale pop up tent count?
Sure.
By pop up tent, you mean one that would slide into the back of a truck, then yes, if you mean a normal tent you would set on the ground, then no.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:11 AM   #286
Rock Crawler

ok cool! I cant wait to run with you guys some time soon!!! I havent got to do a REAL scale run yet!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #287
I wanna be Dave

it's snowing...

3-5 expected in the foothills.

hope everything melts off saturday for a fun day sunday.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #288
RCC Addict

Yea, I'll have to run up there on Saturday and see what it look like.
I had to work out in it all day today, I know it's real light and fluffy crap, so hopefully it'll get windy up there and blow it all off.
I'll post up as soon as I know what we're doing.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #289
Powered by Awesome

Anyone else thinking bout running a 1.5? I'm playing with the idea of putting 1.5" rims and tires in the "dizzy hampster".
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #290
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
Anyone else thinking bout running a 1.5? I'm playing with the idea of putting 1.5" rims and tires in the "dizzy hampster".
Mike: put down the "dizzy hampster" and work on the Honcho!!:-P
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #291
Rock Crawler

Hey Todd, Just to let you guys know, we didn't get any of that snow down here this time. Still cold, but I think Palmer is pretty clear.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #292
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
Mike: put down the "dizzy hampster" and work on the Honcho!!:-P
Honcho's done dude! well, as done as they ever are - it can always use more lights or scale touches - but for now it works.

So, i think im having an odd day.. niether my phone or the links provided will give me directions to the coal creek location.... if that is where we end up going - could someone please post up directions. or - when you springs boys are heading south - gimme a hollar and i can just follow you up there from castle rock
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #293
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
Honcho's done dude! well, as done as they ever are - it can always use more lights or scale touches - but for now it works.

So, i think im having an odd day.. niether my phone or the links provided will give me directions to the coal creek location.... if that is where we end up going - could someone please post up directions. or - when you springs boys are heading south - gimme a hollar and i can just follow you up there from castle rock

Mike here are the directions to the site. Coal Creek Canyon
I didn't see that you said the link didn't work. Here are the gps coordinates +39° 55' 50.26", -105° 25' 20.24" (provided by google if they don't work.
Basicly you need to get to Highway 72 and head west. I wish that the last time I was up there I looked to see how many miles it is to the site from highway 93. You've gone to far if you cross over rail road tracks. If you get to the rail road tracks turn around go to the top of the hill and you see a small parking area on the left hand side, that's the spot. There is really no signs or good land marks to tell you to look for.

I will head up there tomorrow and see what it looks like, not good I'm sure as there is 3-4" here in Boulder. I hope the wind up there was blowing hard, but I'll.
I also called to get permission to use Lutz if Coal Creek has too much snow. I'm really not sure what either spot will be like this weekend with tomorrow being below freezing. I'll post up tomorrow and see where we stand.

Last edited by Rogue; 01-07-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #294
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Mike here are the directions to the site. Coal Creek Canyon

I will head up there tomorrow and see what it looks like, not good I'm sure as there is 3-4" here in Boulder. I hope the wind up there was blowing hard, but I'll.
I also called to get permission to use Lutz if Coal Creek has too much snow. I'm really not sure what either spot will be like this weekend with tomorrow being below freezing. I'll post up tomorrow and see where we stand.
Patiently waiting to hear...

I'm hoping saturday brings a little melting to the area. It's supposed to be a little warmer, but not in the shade...
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #295