Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Competition Series - Event #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

damn i will be in san jo on saterday but i cant go unless someone picks me up my brother dose monster truck shows and **** and we have to go to the one in san jo the evning one wish i could but damn it i could take my nylint ... nvm i blew up the battery well my maxx is almost done sheck it out Anether maxx tuber see you all l8ter alligaters
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Well boys, you better not only have your rain slickers on, but it looks like you will also need a wind breaker and anti-lightning strike hair gel.

Saturday...Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the 50s to lower 60s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #43
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
SaturdayWest winds 10 to 20 mph.

-Sam
Damn! I really wanted to wear this new dress I just got.
Attached Images

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

nice, you gonna put a leather strap on , on too under that there purdy dress? brokeback mog, here you come!
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
nice, you gonna put a leather strap on , on too under that there purdy dress? brokeback mog, here you come!
I don't need no stinkin' strap on!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #46

Maybe the comp should be pushed to Sunday due to the weather. I believe more people would show. Just a thought...
briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs
Maybe the comp should be pushed to Sunday due to the weather. I believe more people would show. Just a thought...
I can not go Sunday
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

ah a little rain doesnt hurt
rockcrawler_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Default My.02

I will not be able to make it this week end, If it was next weekend I could.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #50

so is it on or off for tomorrow? sam says chance of lightning, badger says play in the rain... i want to start catching these. if it was sunday you can count me in, otherwise all those who can't make it tomorrow, want to go out either this sunday or the next?
Tynman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynman81
so is it on or off for tomorrow? sam says chance of lightning, badger says play in the rain... i want to start catching these. if it was sunday you can count me in, otherwise all those who can't make it tomorrow, want to go out either this sunday or the next?
It is definitely ON for tomorrow. Rain or shine the comp will go on!

I will be bringing my digital scale and my 25lb bag of lead shot, if anyone wants some bring some small zip lock bags with you.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

Man, this really blows. It's supposed to rain hard tomorrow. Stupid question, how do these Crawlers react to wet rocks? My ESC is water proof, but I don't have a decent body to protect my motor from the wetness. Any ideas? Maybe slip a plastic bag over the chassis?
CRAZYRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

water wont hurt anything as far as your motors go and your servos should be fine i might put a little baggy over the reciver
rockcrawler_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #54
Oppan Gangnam Style

a little rain (or alot) wont hurt you. as far as the electronics, the receiver and the speed control are all you have to worry about. i'm still going, if you wont be there, then i have a better chance of winning! besides, i need to wash the salt and rust off my crawler from last weekend.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #55
RCC Addict

I am so there tomorrow. Rain, shine, hail, snow, tsunami, lightning strikes, it's all good. Nothing like carrying a hand held lightning rod during a storm (i.e. transmitter ) If it is all wet tomorrow (you can pretty much count on it), this will be just another challenge for everyone. I am sure it will suck to some degree, but I bet you will have fun no matter what.

As for rain protection, you might also want to have a bag or something over your transmitter as well (at least I think so).

Anyone have a canopy or something to keep peeps out of the down poors between runs? I will bring some extra trash bags to store stuff in during the rains.

-Sam

Bean Hollow Forecast:
Tonight...Showers likely. Lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday...Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms May produce small hail. Highs in the lower 50s to mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph...Becoming west 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #56

Quote:
Anyone have a canopy or something to keep peeps out of the down poors between runs? I will bring some extra trash bags to store stuff in during the rains.

-Sam
I'll bring my canopy, it's partially broken but it still works.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

I think my girl friend has a canopy if so i will bring it.
kickback_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I am so there tomorrow. Rain, shine, hail, snow, tsunami, lightning strikes, it's all good. Nothing like carrying a hand held lightning rod during a storm (i.e. transmitter ) If it is all wet tomorrow (you can pretty much count on it), this will be just another challenge for everyone. I am sure it will suck to some degree, but I bet you will have fun no matter what.

As for rain protection, you might also want to have a bag or something over your transmitter as well (at least I think so).

-Sam

Bean Hollow Forecast:
Tonight...Showers likely. Lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday...Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms May produce small hail. Highs in the lower 50s to mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph...Becoming west 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

-Sam
Sweet! Just got home.Mega overtime Slinky looks Like Ill be pullin the all night this time,All I have to do Is uhmmmmm.tap links,all thread,revo ends(hope I have enuff) mount tranny and shafts,shocks,oyea and my new body.

see you in the morning
Over-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I have a one gallon zip lock for my transmitter and Saran wrap for my ESC and receiver. Chargin' the packs right now... Should be a blast!

any tips on exactly at what point of the beach you guys will be at? Before or after the nearset cross street...?
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

nvm...found this in teh Get Together forum...

Quote:
we will be parked along highway 1 north of the main bean hollow parking lot.
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote