Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Competition Series - Event #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

cool i did alright so did we just combined the 2.2 unlimited class and the 2.2 limited class togehter on this comp. Are we going to make the unlimited a class on the next comp when we have enough trucks to compete in the unlimited class. 2 peeps really isn't enough for a class im building a unlimited for the next comp well hope to have it done in time with the other ten projects i got going on
kickback_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #82

Please pull the glass pipe away from the mouth before you put the English language into the words. Just kidding....Dude, I don't know what your talking about!!!!!

Lets try it again.....
briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #83
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickback_crawler
cool i did alright so did we just combined the 2.2 unlimited class and the 2.2 limited class togehter on this comp.
Yes I did. I did not think it was fair to Sicj to run in the Unlimited 2.2 class by himself considering I did not finish one course. He also did not use anything (rear steer) to prevent him from competing in the limited 2.2 class.

Sam talked about rebuilding his old tuber to compete in the Unlimited 2.2 class, and I should have a dozen spare axles with my patented quick change axle system by the next comp. So get off your asses and build up some Unlimited 2.2's!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs
Please pull the glass pipe away from the mouth before you put the English language into the words. Just kidding....Dude, I don't know what your talking about!!!!!

Lets try it again.....

Hhahaha... that is great. What he was questioning was when did we combine the Advance and the Limited class that day? Originally Badger and Sicj were the only 2 with rigs in that class (Sicj was over wheelbase limit & Badger wanted to run his Jeep in the class for the points). Since Badger broke 2 shafts on the first course on flat ground , he was out immediately leaving only Sicj to get points. It's kind of lame to be competing against yourself.

So will there be anyone else competing in the Advanced 2.2 class througout the rest of the season was his next inquiry. I plan on having my 2005 tuber in it, so I lost the points from this last event, but no big deal. It would be impossible to keep up with Sicj and his SicTuber.

So basically Badger just put SicJs score down in the Limited class since he was a loner. You can really see how well his buggy works and more importantly how consistent he drives. We saw it in 2005 with a less capable rig, and he is back now with a rig to match his skills.

I can't wait till the next event that I can make it to. I will try to make Folsom on Friday. I just have to clear it with the boss. He said he would look into it.

Once again, great event and what a SUPER turnout.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

BRIGGS yes i dont know how to type but put a gear shift in my hand and i can go from 1st to 10th and back to 1st with no problems but make me type on this damn puter then i get all ****ed and yes i don't use periods waste of time
kickback_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #86
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
BRIGGS yes i dont know how to type but put a gear shift in my hand and i can go from 1st to 10th and back to 1st with no problems but make me type on this damn puter then i get all ****ed and yes i don't use periods waste of time
hey mike, i hate to break it to you but youd crawler only has 1 gear!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 AM   #87
RCC Addict

^what he said^
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #88
RCC Addict

Any pics?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #89
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Any pics?
I don't think anyone brought their cameras. Sorry no pics.

Thanks to Richard and Daniel for pointing out my error on Daniels score for his DNF. I gave him a 82 instead of the 18 which he should have received. SORRY about that, next time I will not tally up the scores without being properly rested, that all nighter Friday wrecked me all weekend.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Well I had fun out there Saturday. Being my first comp I have learned what to expect. I need to get some more practice in so I stop flicking the rear steer the wrong way. The trail ride afterward was also fun. I can't wait till the next comp.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #91

Quote:
lol....I was just kidding....I need to install an alcohol breathalyzer for my computer...I think I had a bit too much pimp juice when I replied to your post...
briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Ok, here are the tallied up scores and how they compare across the classes with the 40 point maximum per course.

For the competitors that couldn't make it to this event, they are given points of 50 for each course placing them at the bottom of the score sheet (marked in green). However, they still get points for the season despite this. They are given 5 less points than the lowest scoring individual for their class at that event. How this works out well is that if you do not show up to an event, you won't be blasted out of the points race necessarily. You still get points, but below the lowest attending person.

Where this system really shines is when there are different size classes for an event. So if you miss an event that there are only 3 people who show, they won't scream ahead in points just because they got first place. The first place person only had to beat 2 other people. If you didn't show for this event, you will only lose 15 points. Conversely, if you miss a huge event where a lot of people show up for a class where it is a lot harder to get first place, you will lose a lot more series points.

NOTE: There may be some score changes. I just have to verify these with Badger first to make sure I got them all correct. If you see anything wrong or confusing, let me know.

The Combined Divisions scoring is just for fun to see how you are doing against all other classes. Since we run pretty much the same course for all classes, this is an interesting look to see where you stand across the board.

Here are the season points as of right now.

-Sam

Last edited by SlinkySam; 03-29-2006 at 12:45 AM.
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

i will love to go to some of the comps but i dont have a ride (dosent that suck)
well hope you guys had as much fun as i did watching the monster trucks at the shark tank in san jose
and mabey i can get a ride to the next comp and bring my super with me
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:00 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

when and wear is the next one i built a new comp crawler and i want to try it out
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote