Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Sportsman Class at Nationals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #81
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
This is a never ending debate that is all based on preference. I personally prefer sportsman over 1.9 but others do not. So where does the line need to be drawn as to which class has the right to nationals comps? Sportsman can be a novice and a pro class the seperation is in course design.
I think the line has been drawn a long time. 2.2, 1.9, supers at the Nats.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I still think we have a no dig LOSI ONLY class already, the 1.9 class.
Sorry Ricky but thats how it is. I am not advocating sportsman over 1.9 as that is another debate all together, I am just trying to promote a sportsman class at nats. If its run at nats, its not a novice class at nats, plain and simple. Local clubs can run it however they see fit during their seasons.

Seriously though what is the point of a national sanctioning body including rules for a class that the national body doesn't recognize?????
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

I'd sure like to see something done to elevate the shaft trucks back to a healthy life in the USRCCA. I don't care what the rules are shaft trucks in their own class is good for the hobby dig or no dig. I think the Sportsman concept could be good but the Novice only aspect is short sited. With literally tens of thousands of them out there and no level playing field in the USRCCA rules for them to compete in it's basically just about all over for the shaft rig unfortunately it has no place to go but a shelf somewhere.

I think your point is well taken rmdesignworks and 4xFord.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 11-11-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I still think we have a no dig class already, the 1.9 class.
You're right, I do not "dig" that class.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Seriously though what is the point of a national sanctioning body including rules for a class that the national body doesn't recognize?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 4 of rules
2.5 – Sportsman Class (Optional):
The point was .......we did at request of many clubs. The Rules Committe was given instructions by Jason to create a " gate way class " for LOCAL clubs to use.

We were told up front that that class would not be added to the NATIONALS format.

If by creating an OPTIONAL class that we felt would be helpful for local clubs to use, and the confusion you feel now is cause for Jason & Badger to required to run it at Nationals then I guess we have 2x choices.

1) Remove the class from the rules

or

2) Add language that indicates that it won't be run at the event

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 11-11-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
At the request of many clubs the Rule Committe was given instructions to create a " gate way class " for LOCAL clubs to use.

We were told that that class would not be added to the NATIONALS format.

If by creating an OPTIONAL class for local to use you feel Jason & Badger are now required to run it at Nationals then I guess we have 2x choices.

1) Remove the class from the rules

or

2) Add language that indicates that it won't be run at the event
Please and thank you

I completely see why there is a need for a standardized set of rules for a class (event a novice class that was not intended to be anything other then local) set forth by a recognized and respected body. In our local club we have tried to get a "Fun Class" going but no one will agree on wheelbase, width, wheel size, etc. Someone is always trying to work an angle or says "I already have a rig built at spec "A" and I will not change it to run in the new class."

How hard would it be for the rules committee and/or the USRCCA to make an addendum to the rules to clearly spell out the original intent of the "Sportsman" class as envisioned by said parties? I really think a clarification on the part of the rules committee and the USRCCA would be great
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
I completely see why there is a need for a standardized set of rules for a class (event a novice class that was not intended to be anything other then local) set forth by a recognized and respected body. In our local club we have tried to get a "Fun Class" going but no one will agree on wheelbase, width, wheel size, etc. Someone is always trying to work an angle or says "I already have a rig built at spec "A" and I will not change it to run in the new class."

Exactly why it was added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
How hard would it be for the rules committee and/or the USRCCA to make an addendum to the rules to clearly spell out the original intent of the "Sportsman" class as envisioned by said parties? I really think a clarification on the part of the rules committee and the USRCCA would be great
I will personally handle it
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

I wouldnt mind being able to run another truck in an additional class.....however, I was at nationals this past year, it was a 4 day event......I dont think it is possible to squeeze in the time for another event.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote