Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: Original Design (2009) - 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #321
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
Hey for your firm inner foams is that price for each?
My inner wore out in 5 comps. they dont hold at all
Yes, the $3.15 is the price for each.
After five comps they wore out?
How narrow were the inner foams?
What did the inner foam feel like?
I have months on the set in my rovers that are on my berg. The foam manufacturer has had some issues with chemical consistency in the firm inner foams and they have been working on it, but I have not noticed any premature wear issues.

5 competitions seems short unless you are comping once a month and have practice time between that. Our local comps are once a month and I try and drive my crawler a couple times a week. So if you add up all the battery packs on them, that is quite a bit. I have noticed that for serious competitors the average use is about three months on the outer foams for guys running multiple battery packs every week. The inner foams seem to last longer, although they do soften up over time.

Maybe some tuning discs could help with the inner foams you have? Let me know and thanks Chip,
- Eddie
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

pm sent with some questions ...............bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #323
RcBros Hobbies

Installed a set of Vanquish foams tonight and instantly knew why I should have went with Nova's. So after about 5 seconds of debating (and waiting for the search to work) I did the right thing and ordered up a set of Novas. Can't wait.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #324
Quarry Creeper

how do i know what i need 5.0 or 5.5 , i'm thinking of starting out with either some moabs or losi rock claws?
Boids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #325
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boids View Post
how do i know what i need 5.0 or 5.5 , i'm thinking of starting out with either some moabs or losi rock claws?
moab's?...don't waste your money
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok View Post
moab's?...don't waste your money
What? Moabs are the best tire made!

...errr...wait. This isn't 2007. Is it?
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #327
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boids View Post

There are better tires than Moabs out there. I would suggest a taller tire such as the HB Rover, HB Sedona, or Panther Leopard. You would want 5.5s with those tall tires, and the 5.0 for a shorter tire like the Rock Claw.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #328
RCC Addict

so my question is this:

do i pick the width i need based on wheel width, or tire width?

i am planning on running a set of HB Rovers over these
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #329
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
so my question is this:

do i pick the width i need based on wheel width, or tire width?

i am planning on running a set of HB Rovers over these

I like to get the widest size and then I trim them if needed. You will know that they need to be trimmed a little bit if they feel too stiff on the rocks. But yes if you have a wide wheel you generally would want a wider foam.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #330
RCC Addict

also is the width you pick on the website just the width of the inner stage?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #331
I wanna be Dave

^yes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #332
RCC Addict

ordered these this morning, shipped same day!!! wow!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #333
I wanna be Dave

The best foams on the market and the best guy to deal with!

I ordered a set Wednesday, and they were waiting at the door when I got home Friday along with a surprise!

Thanks Eddie!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #334
RCC Addict

yeah, i got mine saturday when i got my mail for the week! great foams!!!

and thanks for the free gift!!! i guess that is a sign i need to build a 1.9'er now...

also another question, do you trim these foams at all, or just stuff 'em in whole?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #335
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
yeah, i got mine saturday when i got my mail for the week! great foams!!!

and thanks for the free gift!!! i guess that is a sign i need to build a 1.9'er now...

also another question, do you trim these foams at all, or just stuff 'em in whole?
What wheels are you using? How wide are they? I'm assuming you're using the Rovers, so height will be perfect. As far as trimming width, it really depends on the width of your wheel.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #336
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
What wheels are you using? How wide are they? I'm assuming you're using the Rovers, so height will be perfect. As far as trimming width, it really depends on the width of your wheel.
i ordered 2.0 inch wide inner foams and i have them mounted up on 1.3 inch wide Junfac BL's. they seem to feel ok, the sidewalls are nice and firm, and the outside edge is nice and "squishy". i will say, these are some heavy foams!! i mounted a rover and a foam to one of the wheels without any extra weight in it, and the whole combo weighed in around 8 ounces!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #337
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I am very happy to finally announce the new Crawler Innovations 5.5" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. These have been done for over six weeks now. I did not want to announce it publicly until more testing had been done by some of the Team Drivers. I was also wanting to check the consistency and quality of the die. I am happy to say that this is a much improved product now. I have been sending the die cut 5.5" Double Deuce Nova Foams to customers and hobby stores for the last three weeks now with no issues reported. Over the last few months I had been experiencing a lot of inconsistency with the quality of the CNC cutting as well as reports of minor glue failure. So with that in mind, I worked with the foam company and designed a die just for the 5.5 Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. I am happy to say these all still being 100% made in the U.S.A. which is extremely important to me. Here are the pictures of the new die cut foams, goodbye glue joints;

Just the 5.5 inner foam;

Just the 5.5 outer foam;

Since I had to design the die, I decided to add a few new features to the 2.2, 5.5 foam line.

First, Crawler Innovations will soon be offering 6.0" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. The way that Crawler Innovations achieves the 6.0" Tall height is by adding tuning rings to the 5.5" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foam. We are now die cutting Tuning Rings. The tuning rings are 1/4 thick which means each ring adds .500" of height to a standard 5.5" tall Double Deuce Nova Foam. We have a tuning ring for the 5.5" inner foam and the 5.5 outer foam. The rings are still being tested but early reports are good which is why I am announcing them now. Another huge and innovative idea is that the tuning rings will offered in different densities. What that means is that 3 and 4 stage 2.2 foams are now possible!

Here are some pictures of the soft outer and firm inner tuning rings;

Here is a 6.0" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foam with both the tuning rings installed;

It's actually taller than 6.0" so it will fully fill any 6 inch custom tire being made. It will also fill some up coming projects C.I. might be working on.

Another huge benefit of having a new custom die, is now Crawler Innovations can start offering more foam options. So with that said, below are the pictures of the new 5.5 tall Double Deuce Memory Foam outer. That's right, memory foam. Enough people had been asking for it, so here it finally is. It is still being tested by a few Team Drivers so it is not for sale yet. But the early reviews are great. On to the pictures:

5.5 Memory foam compared to a standard conventional 5.5 foam

The memory foam is much heavier and seems to perform best on rc rock crawlers in the 6 pound range. It helps to eliminate the bounce conventional foam tends to have.

While we were at it, we die cut new 5.5" inners in a medium density and new outers in medium density. The densities are still being tested and are not ready for sale just yet. But very soon Crawler Innovations will be offering soft, medium and firm densities in both inner and outer foam sizes. The idea is that the Double Deuce Nova Foam line will be completely tunable. That way you can conquer any terrain no matter what rc crawler you have, how much it weighs or what your driving style is.

Let me take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to every one in the rc crawling community that has supported me by purchasing my products, giving me honest feedback and real support. Without you, there would be no me. I am truly grateful. Thank you so much.
- Eddie
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #338
Rock Crawler

WOW
you sure been busy!
nice looking stuff man,so happy to see the glued joints gone
i'll be ordering again for sure!
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #339
RCC Addict

How long till we can buy?
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #340

Thanks Eddie the tires and foams came out great. And thanks for the fast service. YOU R THE MAN!!

Nate
zevahc is offline   Reply With Quote