Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: Original Design (2009) - 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #341
Rock Stacker

this is gonna sound stupid so u are saying buy one set of foam and get the second free or are u saying ur seccond shipment is free
nightcrawler1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #342
Rock Crawler

Hey how's it going? I would like to order a set of 2.2 dbl deuces from you but am having a problem with your site (I am on my blackberry). I was wondering if you or someone could send me a link to that page so I can see if I can get that to work for me (I don't need the main page). Thanks Scott
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #343
Rock Crawler

I can't say enough good things about the 6" foams and tuning discs.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #344
Pebble Pounder

your double duece 2 stage foams rock the party! I couldn't be happier!
tain4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #345

payment sent, should have them in a few days, Thanks
BIRDOG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #346
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I am very happy to finally announce the new Crawler Innovations 5.5" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. These have been done for over six weeks now. I did not want to announce it publicly until more testing had been done by some of the Team Drivers. I was also wanting to check the consistency and quality of the die. I am happy to say that this is a much improved product now. I have been sending the die cut 5.5" Double Deuce Nova Foams to customers and hobby stores for the last three weeks now with no issues reported. Over the last few months I had been experiencing a lot of inconsistency with the quality of the CNC cutting as well as reports of minor glue failure. So with that in mind, I worked with the foam company and designed a die just for the 5.5 Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. I am happy to say these all still being 100% made in the U.S.A. which is extremely important to me. Here are the pictures of the new die cut foams, goodbye glue joints;

Just the 5.5 inner foam;

Just the 5.5 outer foam;

Since I had to design the die, I decided to add a few new features to the 2.2, 5.5 foam line.

First, Crawler Innovations will soon be offering 6.0" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foams. The way that Crawler Innovations achieves the 6.0" Tall height is by adding tuning rings to the 5.5" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foam. We are now die cutting Tuning Rings. The tuning rings are 1/4 thick which means each ring adds .500" of height to a standard 5.5" tall Double Deuce Nova Foam. We have a tuning ring for the 5.5" inner foam and the 5.5 outer foam. The rings are still being tested but early reports are good which is why I am announcing them now. Another huge and innovative idea is that the tuning rings will offered in different densities. What that means is that 3 and 4 stage 2.2 foams are now possible!

Here are some pictures of the soft outer and firm inner tuning rings;

Here is a 6.0" Tall Double Deuce Nova Foam with both the tuning rings installed;

It's actually taller than 6.0" so it will fully fill any 6 inch custom tire being made. It will also fill some up coming projects C.I. might be working on.

Another huge benefit of having a new custom die, is now Crawler Innovations can start offering more foam options. So with that said, below are the pictures of the new 5.5 tall Double Deuce Memory Foam outer. That's right, memory foam. Enough people had been asking for it, so here it finally is. It is still being tested by a few Team Drivers so it is not for sale yet. But the early reviews are great. On to the pictures:

5.5 Memory foam compared to a standard conventional 5.5 foam

The memory foam is much heavier and seems to perform best on rc rock crawlers in the 6 pound range. It helps to eliminate the bounce conventional foam tends to have.

While we were at it, we die cut new 5.5" inners in a medium density and new outers in medium density. The densities are still being tested and are not ready for sale just yet. But very soon Crawler Innovations will be offering soft, medium and firm densities in both inner and outer foam sizes. The idea is that the Double Deuce Nova Foam line will be completely tunable. That way you can conquer any terrain no matter what rc crawler you have, how much it weighs or what your driving style is.

Let me take the opportunity to say a huge thank you to every one in the rc crawling community that has supported me by purchasing my products, giving me honest feedback and real support. Without you, there would be no me. I am truly grateful. Thank you so much.
- Eddie
When will these new ones be ready for us to buy?
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #347

Got my order today, the DD make sanomas stand up great, Thanks for the fast shipping, Kevin
BIRDOG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #348
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
When will these new ones be ready for us to buy?
The standard 5.5 die cut foams are being sold and have been since that post was made. In regards to the other products mentioned, hopefully within the next two weeks. I needed to figure out pricing, get the retail packaging done, and most importantly get them tested. We are almost there.

I will update this thread or start a new one for the 6" dual stage foams and tuning rings. I will only be selling the tuning rings in soft outers and firm inners to start with. We are still working to get the other densities right and consistent. I want to offer soft-medium-firm densities for inners and outers in the 5.5 die cut size.

I have encountered a bunch of obstacles lately in regards to the foam company and CNC machine which has only added to time delays. I am also trying to make sure I can get consistent quality foam in the exact same density every time.

The memory foam outers in the 5.5 height are coming but they will be expensive. I am trying to get the cost down, but I am only buying high quality foam that is designed to last which is adding to the cost. At this point, only outer foams will be offered in memory foam.

In regards to the good quality of the foam, I have foams now that are 10 months old and still going strong. That is due to the higher quality foam we use for this product. As long as the foams stay dry and in the same tires they were first installed into, you can plan on getting months of use out of them.

Again, thank you so much to everyone that has purchased these foams either from me or through The Crawler Store, RPP, Brian's Hobbyland, Custom Street Toyz or mannOmann's Hobby Town. I am extremely grateful for your business and the opportunity.
- Eddie
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #349
Rock Crawler

I have been test the memory outers for more then a month now and all I can say is good things. It's been very hot this summer and they've held up very well over other memory foam I've used in the past. The size of the inside foam continues to do it's job of holding the tire up but the outside of the tire conforms very well, then add the fact that's memory and some of your bounce is gone. I don't know how long into the year I will be able to use them as it gets cooler but for now, it's the foam to have.

In summery:
If you like your 5.5's now you will love the added benefit of the memory foam.

Thanks Eddie for coming out with these, it's been a long time coming and worth the wait!
Rockshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #350
RCC Addict

Quote:
The standard 5.5 die cut foams are being sold and have been since that post was made. In regards to the other products mentioned, hopefully within the next two weeks. I needed to figure out pricing, get the retail packaging done, and most importantly get them tested. We are almost there.

I will update this thread or start a new one for the 6" dual stage foams and tuning rings. I will only be selling the tuning rings in soft outers and firm inners to start with. We are still working to get the other densities right and consistent. I want to offer soft-medium-firm densities for inners and outers in the 5.5 die cut size.

I have encountered a bunch of obstacles lately in regards to the foam company and CNC machine which has only added to time delays. I am also trying to make sure I can get consistent quality foam in the exact same density every time.

The memory foam outers in the 5.5 height are coming but they will be expensive. I am trying to get the cost down, but I am only buying high quality foam that is designed to last which is adding to the cost. At this point, only outer foams will be offered in memory foam.

In regards to the good quality of the foam, I have foams now that are 10 months old and still going strong. That is due to the higher quality foam we use for this product. As long as the foams stay dry and in the same tires they were first installed into, you can plan on getting months of use out of them.

Again, thank you so much to everyone that has purchased these foams either from me or through The Crawler Store, RPP, Brian's Hobbyland, Custom Street Toyz or mannOmann's Hobby Town. I am extremely grateful for your business and the opportunity.
- Eddie
Thanks Eddie.. ive bought a few sets of the 5.5 this year off you and love them Im very keen for the new options to try them with some boss claws... and memory foams in the sedonas when summer hits here will be sweet!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #351
Pebble Pounder

we are coming up on " hopefully within the next two weeks"

Are you any closer? I need a full set just would like to have the a pair of the 5.5 memory.....
RealDeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #352
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeel View Post
we are coming up on " hopefully within the next two weeks"

Are you any closer? I need a full set just would like to have the a pair of the 5.5 memory.....
A limited run is done. I just picked them up this afternoon.

Crawler Innovations has these 5.5 size foams to offer:

- Memory foam outers
- Soft density outers
- Medium density outers
- Firm density outers
- Soft density inners
- Medium density inners
- Firm density inners

For now these will be for sale directly through me since this was a limited run and Team Drivers will get first pick. Once more testing and feedback is done, they will be available through the web site and Crawler Innovations Dealers.

PLEASE EMAIL ME for more information at:

novasark@crawlerinnovations.com
Old 08-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #353
I wanna be Dave

Don't forget to give me a call if you get the time
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #354
Rock Crawler

Got anything in the works for a taller non memory inner foam? Got a foam setup thats working good in the boss claws right now...from the rim out...A inner from your 1.9 dual stage, stock boss claw with .25" trimmed off the side, outer soft foam from your 5.5 dd foam set. wanting to get rid of that little foam at the rim and use a taller inner foam...
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #355
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Update!!!

OK, all the new densities are available on the web site:

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

You can also now buy pairs instead of sets. The shipping has been adjusted for the web site as well. So hopefully it will be more accurate.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #356
I wanna be Dave

DAYUM!! Nice update
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #357
RCC Addict

Quote:
Update!!!

OK, all the new densities are available on the web site:

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

You can also now buy pairs instead of sets. The shipping has been adjusted for the web site as well. So hopefully it will be more accurate.
Sweet!! order comming
Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #358
Hateraide

Will be ordering next week
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #359
RCC Addict

Bring a bunch of stuff to Disney!!!!
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #360
Rock Crawler

What foams for the new Pro-Line TSL Swampers on a scale rig (SCX-10). I saw you said the dual stage would be too firm, would you suggest your Medium Density foams?

Thanks
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote