Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
4PKS is just the new version of the 4PK. They no longer make the 4PK. The 4PKS has some small updates to the programming and a new directional pad.

well im looking at a slightly used 4pk or a really good deal on a new 4pks. I just wanted to know if i will be disappointed if i go with the 4pk. Im buying it mainly for my moa crawler. Do the changes make it better for the moa crawler?
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #1602
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
well im looking at a slightly used 4pk or a really good deal on a new 4pks. I just wanted to know if i will be disappointed if i go with the 4pk. Im buying it mainly for my moa crawler. Do the changes make it better for the moa crawler?
Not really. I was still using the 4PK until a month or two ago. Not really anything you will notice much. The new directional pad is very nice though.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #1603

Quote:
Not really. I was still using the 4PK until a month or two ago. Not really anything you will notice much. The new directional pad is very nice though.
Ok thanks that's what i needed to know. If all it is is a d pad upgrade it doesn't seem worth it only for another 100 dollars when i already have plenty of rx's from my 3pk. I know that the new rx's are more channels and smaller.
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #1604
Quarry Creeper

Not sure if this will help but I was able to score a new 4pks as a replacement for a new but troubled 4pk. THANKS FUTABA !! Anyway besides the ability to download updates via your computer the thumb switch under the wheel looks much easier to use, they have given it a longer rocker it looks like. The 4pk was a little awkward for me to use the buttons on for f/r/ dig. Harley I will let you know later if I will be thankful or frightful for your help on deciding between the 4pl or the 4pks.
BUGGYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #1605
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGGYBOY View Post
Not sure if this will help but I was able to score a new 4pks as a replacement for a new but troubled 4pk. THANKS FUTABA !! Anyway besides the ability to download updates via your computer the thumb switch under the wheel looks much easier to use, they have given it a longer rocker it looks like. The 4pk was a little awkward for me to use the buttons on for f/r/ dig. Harley I will let you know later if I will be thankful or frightful for your help on deciding between the 4pl or the 4pks.
You can't download updates via the computer. Not really sure where you saw that. The buttons are also all the same I'm pretty sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #1606
Quarry Creeper

my scaler has dig and 4wheel steering. i can only use one or the other when competing. is there away i can lock out one or the by simply hitting a button? i know i will naturally want to use one or the other without even thinking about it and dont want to get screwed at a comp.

Last edited by storminator; 08-29-2011 at 11:47 PM.
storminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #1607
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminator View Post
my scaler has dig and 4wheel steering. i can only use one or the other when competing. is there away i can lock out one or the by simply hitting a button? i know i will naturally want to use one or the other without even thinking about it and dont want to get screwed at a comp.
We could setup a 2nd condition to somewhat do that. You wouldn't be able to have both options at the same time on that model however.

You could always just setup multiple models though. Let me know and we can define the programming.

Last edited by Harley; 08-30-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #1608

Default Glitch issue

Hi Harley..

I'm new on this forum. So nice to meet you..

I'm a Futaba fans since first time I played RC. And currently I look forward for a 4PKS. I think it's a pretty impressive Tx.

I have question that I heard an issue that FASST system glitched while some FASST system Txs was turned on (more than 10 Tx). Is it true??

It happened on last April in Drift Competition while many drifter using FASST Txs, icl. 3PK, 4PK and 4PKS.. Have this problem occured before?? One of them asked Futaba and they answered they will give a free software update. Have Futaba updated their latest production??

Now most of them have changed into MT4X or M11..
Thanks

Andi
and_1_fd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #1609

Hello.

Ask for help from you.
I have a Futaba 4PK bad gas and brake lever.
Where can I take potential meters?
Or if you have spare parts catalog also thank you.

Thank you.

Samu
SAMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #1610
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMU View Post
Hello.

Ask for help from you.
I have a Futaba 4PK bad gas and brake lever.
Where can I take potential meters?
Or if you have spare parts catalog also thank you.

Thank you.

Samu
Futaba doesn't sell spare parts for the radio because they don't want people opening the radio themselves. You will need to send it in to a service center.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #1611
Quarry Creeper

You can't download updates via the computer. Not really sure where you saw that. The buttons are also all the same I'm pretty sure.

I thought I saw something about the on line updates , I will have to look a little deeper. As far a the buttons , you are right I was looking at the photos on line at futaba and I though I saw something that was just all in the angle of the photo. THE BUTTONS ARE THE SAME.
BUGGYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #1612
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGGYBOY View Post
I thought I saw something about the on line updates , I will have to look a little deeper. As far a the buttons , you are right I was looking at the photos on line at futaba and I though I saw something that was just all in the angle of the photo. THE BUTTONS ARE THE SAME.
Futaba does downloadable updates for some of their air radios, but none for the surface radios.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #1613
Rock Stacker

My crawler and 4pk have been in hibernation for the past seven months. Today, I pull it out of the box to play around a bit but my 4pk doesn't recognize any throttle on the bar graphs. Servo works fine. I did a model/data reset and set it up like your video again. But still, I pull the trigger and the bars don't move at all.
Serolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #1614
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serolf View Post
My crawler and 4pk have been in hibernation for the past seven months. Today, I pull it out of the box to play around a bit but my 4pk doesn't recognize any throttle on the bar graphs. Servo works fine. I did a model/data reset and set it up like your video again. But still, I pull the trigger and the bars don't move at all.
Beyond doing a model reset there is little that could cause that. Something had to cause hardware damage.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #1615
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=Harley;3279240]Beyond doing a model reset there is little that could cause that. Something had to cause hardware damage.[/QUOTE

I re-calibrated the receiver and transmitter and it works again!! I guess being stored too long messed with the connection or something. Hardware damage is the first thing that came to mind but I didn't want to believe it, I only got 8 hours on my Futaba.
Serolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #1616
Rock Crawler

Hey, i've been searching and aside from reading every page I haven't found my question or answer.

Can you use DT2 to control both your digs like a 3 position switch? I have my radio set up via Harley's guide, i'm just wondering if this is an option so that I can use just 1 switch instead of 2 seperate for dig.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #1617
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
Hey, i've been searching and aside from reading every page I haven't found my question or answer.

Can you use DT2 to control both your digs like a 3 position switch? I have my radio set up via Harley's guide, i'm just wondering if this is an option so that I can use just 1 switch instead of 2 seperate for dig.
Nope. The two button setup is an advantage though. It allows you to cycle digs faster without accidentally going into the wrong dig.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #1618
I wanna be Dave

so I'm trying to reset up my mini with my 4pk......

I dont know how but some how I shut the steering off and cant get it to turn back on
when I go to the servo view it does not show anything at all when I turn the wheel...

it ran fine last time I ran my mini with my 4pk...but I screwed something up and dont know what!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #1619
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
so I'm trying to reset up my mini with my 4pk......

I dont know how but some how I shut the steering off and cant get it to turn back on
when I go to the servo view it does not show anything at all when I turn the wheel...

it ran fine last time I ran my mini with my 4pk...but I screwed something up and dont know what!
Check that your Pmix's are off.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #1620
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Check that your Pmix's are off.
I got impatient...

I just ended up moving it to a new profile/name....and reset it up from there....thanks for chiming in so fast though
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM