Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak Timbuk2 Brushless Rock Crawling ESC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Very well said.
Agreed. If you have to defend your products features right out of the gate, you didn't try hard enough.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Timbuk2 !!!??? Y'all have been listening to some Gene Tracy comedy?
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Timbuk2 !!!??? Y'all have been listening to some Gene Tracy comedy?
Hahahaha
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

granted my rooster hasn't died yet, and the Goat issue, i still have yet to mail back in for your autopsy, I would love to see Novak make a strong 3/4s capable (auto cutoffs) without a heatsink & plastic case. BRUSHED. BL crawlers are running from Novak like the plague. something shrinked or epoxied, small footprint and forget the BEC, where one could run a nice sportsman or scaler with strength and pair them up for MOA action. My only beef about the rooster is the crappy throttle tip-in, it jumps off the line with anything faster than a 55t no matter how much dead band or exponential rate dials it back.

PC downloads and tweaks are awesome, but should not be crucial for dialing in basic settings. I adjusted my Goat 2s for hours and ran it less than a minute. Not cool.

I used to rock Novak back in the day with even the T4 and its 3 lbs of heatsink. back then a man was judged by how many FETS stuck outta his esc. dont read into that any further. lol...

bottom line; we want lightweight, simple setup, we'll run our own wiring thank you, and prefer not to pay over $100 since others can do it for same or less money. I still want to have faith in the brand, call me stubborn if you will....
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

HOwdy Guys.

This wasn't intended as a "What's wrong with Novak" thread, but apparently there are issues we need to address to keep this forum's group of users a bit happier with us.

So please, if you have something to tear us a new one on, email me directly. I speak to the owners everyday.

This product is not intended to be a universal ESC for crawling. It is very simply for 2S users that like BL. If you don't I'm sorry if this thread got everyone on the offensive.

my direct email is csuangka@teamnovak.com I will gladly deliver your requests directly to the owners so that we can continue to attempt to offer products better suited for crawling. Again, we appreciate your input.

See you guys tomorrow!
csuangka@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #26
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
This product is not intended to be a universal ESC for crawling. It is very simply for 2S users that like BL.

Like I said, if its gotta be defended you didn't try hard enough.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Thanks Duuuude!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Charlie, I know your not Bob. I was referring to his style of speech or writing so to speak, or type as it is.

I have aired my issues with Novak before and actually had NovakToo attack me on several boards. Never a good thing to attack the customer. Instead of trying to understand my grievance and pursue a course of action to help me he made a choice. This was the final straw for me in the Novak corner. I am fair but straight and honest. If you want sugar coating go to the local bakery because I don't work that way. NovakToo should have taken a page out of one of your competitors books when dealing with irritated customers and reached out personally to try and remedy the issue. More mileage could have been attained through that route.

I see you operate differently but unfortunately the product is still the product. While emailing is okay I think the best way to get feedback is in an open forum setting like this. You get to see the real complaints and improve upon them accordingly. After all a happy customer tells a few people, an angry one tells all people. :thumbsup:

Edit: I stand corrected as a little bird informed me that NovakToo is a she not a he, and Bob's wife to boot. All these years and I never knew the exact connection.

Last edited by TexasSP; 07-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Charlie, I know your not Bob. I was referring to his style of speech or writing so to speak, or type as it is.

I have aired my issues with Novak before and actually had NovakToo attack me on several boards. Never a good thing to attack the customer. Instead of trying to understand my grievance and pursue a course of action to help me he made a choice. This was the final straw for me in the Novak corner. I am fair but straight and honest. If you want sugar coating go to the local bakery because I don't work that way. NovakToo should have taken a page out of one of your competitors books when dealing with irritated customers and reached out personally to try and remedy the issue. More mileage could have been attained through that route.

I see you operate differently but unfortunately the product is still the product. While emailing is okay I think the best way to get feedback is in an open forum setting like this. You get to see the real complaints and improve upon them accordingly. After all a happy customer tells a few people, an angry one tells all people. :thumbsup:

Edit: I stand corrected as a little bird informed me that NovakToo is a she not a he, and Bob's wife to boot. All these years and I never knew the exact connection.
Agreed.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Here's a promise from me to you guys, Novak will have more "universally usable" crawling products in the future. Maybe not exactly what the requests have been, but we'll have something much closer.

As always, thanks!

csuangka@teamnovak.com
Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

checked out the website today, ESC's are looking flatter , that's for sure. If only my wallet didn't match....
Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

you guys are releasing the T-4 again but with reverse and computer programming?

Later EddieO

Quote:
Here's a promise from me to you guys, Novak will have more "universally usable" crawling products in the future. Maybe not exactly what the requests have been, but we'll have something much closer.

As always, thanks!

csuangka@teamnovak.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

sounds like another novak smoke box to me,sorry but seems like novak is all about lookin pretty rather than quality and proper features that are relevant.

after gettin the shaft from novak on gettin my old goat (paid full new price-$220)taken care of (ran for maybe a dozen or so packs) I lost all faith in novak and all theyre CrAp for electronics.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Novak will have more "universally usable" crawling products in the future. THE FUTURE IS NOW!!! Quit laggin and makin excuses.

Maybe not exactly what the requests have been, but we'll have something much closer.

Whats the point in making new products no one wants nor has a use for?

Listen to demands!!!

As always, thanks!

csuangka@teamnovak.com
Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #35
cherry bomb

man this is a sweet thread to come back to RCC with.

Quote:
It should do everything the Goat 2S did, but for the BEC.
so why the new ESC then if you already have one that you say is superior.

according to your stats breakdown the Goat 2S does it all and a few extra's (other then 2-3 slight diferances). I see absolutly no benifit from the new speed control. "its smaller!" kinda yeah.... just looking at a few pages/threads on here would tell you no one here runs 2S and no one will step back down after stepping up into 3S power.

good luck with your "new" speed control... the "novak goat 2S nano"

also... brand specific motors???? might aswell be an apple product.

Last edited by fred0000; 07-08-2011 at 04:32 PM.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
man this is a sweet thread to come back to RCC with.

so why the new ESC then if you already have one that you say is superior.

according to your stats breakdown the Goat 2S does it all and a few extra's (other then 2-3 slight diferances). I see absolutly no benifit from the new speed control. "its smaller!" kinda yeah.... just looking at a few pages/threads on here would tell you no one here runs 2S and no one will step back down after stepping up into 3S power.

good luck with your "new" speed control... the "novak goat 2S nano"

also... brand specific motors???? might aswell be an apple product.
Hell,im not steppin back down from 4S. FXR and BRXL are my ONLY options for my application.

so take that into consideration to NOVAK.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
Hell,im not steppin back down from 4S. FXR and BRXL are my ONLY options for my application.

so take that into consideration to NOVAK.
x2 after going to 4s I will never go to 3s, although it does get expensive as you go through gears quick
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #38
20K Club

I really wish Novak would release something with some new usable technology. It would great for the market to have another company supporting us.

Yeah the 2 amp BEC is useless but so is just about every ESC we encounter right now. Like it was said, most of us are going to run an external BEC from Castle.

The 2s rating shoots this ESC in the foot as far as THIS FORUM goes. Active members on this forum are going to be more hardcore then your "2s-race-battery-using" driver. If it isn't rated for 3s or better I wouldn't even post it here.

Honestly Novak's biggest problem is their super outdated drag brake technology. Until whoever the hell over there can grasp the idea that they need to completely start over in that department there is no use for these ESC's in this market to an educated buyer. You simply can't argue that point, PERIOD.

I am all for a good sensored brushless system in my Wraith, but this one can go hang out with the M2 dig...
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #39
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I really wish Novak would release something with some new usable technology. It would great for the market to have another company supporting us.
X2

Why make a product that limits the users options and future growth? Or for that matter, why make something sub-par to what is already available? I would expect it from some crummy Asian knock-off and it truly baffles me that Novak continues to do this...
Old 07-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

I would like to see them make a "daisy chainable" esc setup where each unit could take 2s by itself, and plug into each other (i.e. small, shrinked boards) and combine them for larger duties. need more oomph, plug another one in to handle the cells.