Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak Timbuk2 Brushless Rock Crawling ESC!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
I would like to see them make a "daisy chainable" esc setup where each unit could take 2s by itself, and plug into each other (i.e. small, shrinked boards) and combine them for larger duties. need more oomph, plug another one in to handle the cells.
What would really be the point other than complication and expense. There would be no simple way to do it and you would have to have a master slave type setup on the boards.

The MM Pro takes 2-6s and handles plenty of power for most every needed plus does brushed and brushless including sensored and sensorless. The size isn't that big. For dual setups the FXR and Micro Pros do a fine job.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I never said I did things the easy way.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

i was just curious so i tried clicking the link to see how much these are and the second link doesnt work ..... how much are they? LOL
Randy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

it can be preordered for a price of $174.99
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

What I'm trying to figure out is why Novak is releasing new products, but aren't taking the time to repair the problems they have now. I've had 3, count it THREE escs go up in white smoke in the last 6 months! A GTB, a Havok pro sc, and a Mongoose. The mongoose was sent in, and was told it would be covered under warranty by Brent. 6 days later I receive a call saying NO, it is not under warranty, and I had to pay 33.00 for a new one.... GREAT customer service!!!! Two are in Tech now, which was received on 6/26... neat.
There are Novak bash threads on almost every rc forum I belong to. Novak used to be a great product, but lately they are one word.... fail
Hoyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input guys. We will continue to "try harder".

csuangka@teamnovak.com in case you'd like to email us directly.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #47

is this ESC out already?
would it work on a mini pro?
falke398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Should be shipping out any day now actually!

It will work as a rock crawling ESC, with any of the Novak Rock Crawling BL Motors, Including the 380 motors that fit the Mini Crawlers.

You can always email us directly for the fastest response.

csuangka@teamnovak.com and I get the tech@teamnovak.com emails as well!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

THANKS FOLKS
csuangka@teamnovak.com

Last edited by Charlie; 09-30-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #50
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Should be shipping out any day now actually!

It will work as a rock crawling ESC, with any of the Novak Rock Crawling BL Motors, Including the 380 motors that fit the Mini Crawlers.

You can always email us directly for the fastest response.

csuangka@teamnovak.com and I get the tech@teamnovak.com emails as well!

I bet you'd love an email VS the public bashing you are getting... Time and time again. Here is the deal>>>> I got a 2S Goat Brushless 18.5, for my LCC.... Here is the thing, I put all but 5 runds on this thing in the past 3 weeks Ive owned it and it now barley has enough power to get out of its own way. At a slow speed.... and a slight obstical in its way, the motor starts sqweeeaaaling like a poked pig. I give it full throttle and it will eventually get up and go. But not without a BIG A$$ FAIL. I want to go Comp this hog. However.... Looks like I waisted all of money on this SHAT! Now I have to explain to my wife why i have to go buy a better one cause the new... new one I got has already show signs of going tits up.

THANKS NOVAK____ KEEP UP ALL THE GOOD WORK!
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Sorry you've had problems. Shoot me an email and we'll get the replacment started.

Thanks again!
Charlie
csuangka@teamnovak.com
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Harley said it best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The 2s rating shoots this ESC in the foot as far as THIS FORUM goes. Active members on this forum are going to be more hardcore then your "2s-race-battery-using" driver. If it isn't rated for 3s or better I wouldn't even post it here.
If a company can not deliver what the majority demands. What is the point of trying. The "experts" at novak need to scrap everything they have tried up to this point and start from square one again. Its not a hard concept. No esc will ever be perfect, with that said there is several that come very close. IMO holmes, and castle have listened to what people want and tekin does a good job too. Novak on the other hand has basically sucked at life.

Like stated before 2s... Really... come on... really??? And "Universally usable" What the hell is that?

My favorite line so far has been...
"maybe not exactly what the requests have been, but we will have something CLOSER"
Umm.... sounds like "we are gonna put the same sh!t in a different case and call it new"

From a business stand point try looking at it this way. Open your ears and listen, give people what they are asking for, then guess what happens... oh you will sell product and not have pages and pages of people bashing your company on multiple forums.

Seems to me the choice is simple, everyone can see novak gets "suggestions" in many areas to improve things both crawler and non. Does all the pissed off people and bashing not sink in? Novak reps and employees obviously see this happening. Fix your sh!t and your company might get the respect it once had back again.

Until further notice..

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY NOVAK!
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Thank for your input. We will have a wider range of products in th the future I'm sure.

For now, we're simply trying to tell folks what we have. While this system may not be perfrect for the "average" user of this particular forum, or at least the folks that post..... I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there that will love it. This rock boost stuff really does give it a good couple extra MPHs on wheelspeed.

Just in case you missed it, my email is csuangka@teamnovak.com or I also get "all" the tech@teamnovak.com emails as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there that will love it.
Nope they won't, the only ones who will buy these would be the uneducated ones who didn't get a chance to learn why you guys fail so much.
To put it brutally for you so that there is a chance you'll hear this and take note: PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES and restart and make a brand new esc, no rebadged or "updated" but a whole new one that can handle atleast 3s

Hell I think we as a forum should make a sticky in the newbie section just strictly to warn newbie not to buy your products and we would leave it there till you made a new and better esc

Last edited by demonoid369; 10-03-2011 at 06:38 PM.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Wow, thanks again!

I'm glad you guys are so open minded and helpful to people.

Thanks again!
Charlie
csuangka@teamnovak.com
Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #56
Got Worms?

Quote:
Wow, thanks again!

I'm glad you guys are so open minded and helpful to people.

Thanks again!
Charlie
csuangka@teamnovak.com
Why don't you post up the progress on the new esc we are wanting? Or is it not even in development yet? There's tons of feedback in here, should give a solid footing for a base, then make it better
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #57
Suck it up!

Sheesh, this thread is getting painful. I think Novak has received the message, no need kicking a dead horse.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

We will continue to post information about our rock crawling ESC's. Hopefully someday we'll offer up a product that at least one active poster on this forum will want....
Old 10-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #59
Suck it up!

Quote:
Hopefully someday we'll offer up a product that at least one active poster on this forum will want....
Please do. I'd hate to see you guys suffer the same fate as Integy.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #60
Jeep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
it can be preordered for a price of $174.99
yeah, ill stick with the holmes brxl
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote