Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Receiver issue???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Receiver issue???

Just switched over my twin hammer to 3s and a 27t brushed motor. I'm running an old mamba max pro and a 7954sh stearing servo and the stock shift servo. My receiver is an R2106gf futaba. My problem is I will run for about 1min and the receiver and my castle bec start to flash and nothing works with the transmitter anymore. The bec is set at 6.0v. The receiver flashes red and green, the manual says that's an unrecoverable memory failure! My bec also flashes its green light as well. I ran this same setup in my scailer, the only difference is that I had a winch on ch3 instead of a shift servo. I'm not sure what's going on, is my receiver getting overloaded, I don't know?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Receiver issue???

Well as a starting point, try unplugging the 3rd channel. Can you tape/fix the shift linkage in place? That way you are back to the prior setup.

As far as overloading the receiver, can you unplug the steering servo too? Just to check for Rx function? Maybe by process of elimination you can find the problem.
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Had the same problem. Happened when my shift servo failed. The whole system was glitchy/buggy and would not stay focused or run.
Tore the whole assembly apart and add bits back with BEC still attached. Nothing. Changed back to the stock RX - nothing.
Removed the BEC (to stabilize it) and started adding things back in and found the shift servo went. Left that off and plugged the BEC back in and everything was fine and it had a bright green light.

Time to upgrade my shift servo!
offroadace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Well I changed out my 27t to a 35t and I no longer have the receiver problem! I guess the 27t was pulling a lot of juice, but I would think it could handle it! Well when my shift servo bites the dust I will replace it with something else and try the 27t again.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Well I changed out my 27t to a 35t and I no longer have the receiver problem! I guess the 27t was pulling a lot of juice, but I would think it could handle it! Well when my shift servo bites the dust I will replace it with something else and try the 27t again.
What battery (mah & "C" rating) as well as what battery connectors are you running?

The combination you are running may be overdrawing the battery pack (low mah & low "C") causing a total brownout.

Is the external BEC to the RX or direct to the steering servo?

It may also be the 27T was geared too high which also adds amp draw. When you swapped the motors, did you change the gearing as well?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Yes, I figured out the stem of the problem! I have some 40c 2500 on order, but to test out I only had my comp 800mah flysky that I think are 25c. I think the better battery will solve the problem! I should not have tested it with my dinky comp packs! It was dropping the volts and shutting the receiver down, when I went to my 35t it did not drop as bad.

Receiver issue??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMP issue... i think i'm the issue. concretejungle Electronics 12 08-13-2012 02:52 PM
Axial 2.4ghz Receiver Issue Boogie Electronics 7 04-15-2011 01:40 PM
Servo seizure…is it a receiver issue? rustyrooster Electronics 4 11-05-2010 06:29 AM
Rooster ESC and Spektrum receiver issue Miller Time Electronics 0 02-19-2008 05:30 AM